Obama got the nomination because he worked for it

I liked him as a sports reporter, but he's as looney as O'Reilly as a political commentator. He doesn't even pretend to be objective anymore since he jumped on the Soul Train.

And why should they be objective? You have other news outlets... MANY news outlets... Is it against the law what Fox News/MSNBC does?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope it's Gov. Sibelius so that the media retards and idiot Hillary supporters who are trying to blame sexism for Hitlery's defeat can explain why nobody refers to Sibelius as a B word, witch, or c#nt.

Because most people have never heard of her, and Obama supporters won't attack his choice like they do Hillary.

Sibelius would be a terrible choice, to pick another women over Hillary would be a slap in the face to Hillary supporters, but of course the sore winner Obama supporters would like that. If not Hillary, it has to be a blue collar type guy like Rendell or a foreign policy expert like Richardson or Webb.

And why should they be objective? You have other news outlets... MANY news outlets... Is it against the law what Fox News/MSNBC does?

They can do what they want, but they should be honest and not pretend to be objective. Just yesterday Pat Buchanan challenged "tinglely leg" Chris Matthews that he and many in the media favored Obama over Clinton, and Matthews took offense and dismissed it as Republican talking points. Anyone who's watched Matthews and Olbermann know they want Obama, but they deny it when confronted.

They can do what they want, but they should be honest and not pretend to be objective. Just yesterday Pat Buchanan challenged "tinglely leg" Chris Matthews that he and many in the media favored Obama over Clinton, and Matthews took offense and dismissed it as Republican talking points. Anyone who's watched Matthews and Olbermann know they want Obama, but they deny it when confronted.

Whaaaaaaaaaa! The lefty media isn't picking my candidate. It's OK when they're not objective on things I agree with...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Who knows what their motivation is. I assume their motivation is the fact they don't like anyone that assures Israel that the United States has their back.

It doesn't affect Obama's precondition argument whatsoever. When he is President, if Hamas has something to say that actually has a chance to do the region good, meaning what America thinks is good, Obama may talk with them. I don't expect it soon.

Yeah, you're right, that was a pretty retarded post.

I was a bit wasted last night and definitely was mixed up.

Whaaaaaaaaaa! The lefty media isn't picking my candidate. It's OK when they're not objective on things I agree with...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I'm not asking that they pick my candidate. I just don't want them favoring any candidate. I realize that some of the networks aren't objective, but unfortunately there are people out there who will believe whatever they say without considering the other side of the issue. I watch FoxNews to get their slant as well as MSNBC and CNN's slant. But many people just watch the stations that repeat what they want to hear.

I'm not asking that they pick my candidate. I just don't want them favoring any candidate. I realize that some of the networks aren't objective, but unfortunately there are people out there who will believe whatever they say without considering the other side of the issue. I watch FoxNews to get their slant as well as MSNBC and CNN's slant. But many people just watch the stations that repeat what they want to hear.

If they were so slanted, why did they just declare Hillary the winner of the election for the first year of their coverage on the election, give Obama no coverage and no chance, and then seemed to make their first move of Obama mania after he won the first primary? Then it was Hillary mania after New Hampshire until Super Tuesday when she lost. The Obama lovefest wasn't in swing until this race was almost over. And in the last two days, after the historic win for the first black candidate, 90% of the stories on all channels have been about Hillary, and what she will do, not Obama. It's actually a major slap in the face as you call it to him.

If they were so slanted, why did they just declare Hillary the winner of the election for the first year of their coverage on the election, give Obama no coverage and no chance, and then seemed to make their first move of Obama mania after he won the first primary? Then it was Hillary mania after New Hampshire until Super Tuesday when she lost. The Obama lovefest wasn't in swing until this race was almost over. And in the last two days, after the historic win for the first black candidate, 90% of the stories on all channels have been about Hillary, and what she will do, not Obama. It's actually a major slap in the face as you call it to him.

You do realize that Joe has no ability to process actual information, right?

Once Obama appeared to have a viable chance, it turned into Obamamania. It began in Iowa, not near the end. And everything about Hillary this week has been negative; why doesn't she get out, why didn't she acknowledge him as the winner, what does she want, she's hurting the party. Just because she got coverage doesn't mean it was positive. They wanted her out of the way as much as the Obama supporters. Now even if she endorses him, the questions will be, what deal did she cut, will she campaign vigorously for him, why did she wait so long, will she undermine him so he loses. I know you don't like her, but get real about the media coverage.

Because I know you all care............

Dear Joseph,

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Once Obama appeared to have a viable chance, it turned into Obamamania. It began in Iowa, not near the end. And everything about Hillary this week has been negative; why doesn't she get out, why didn't she acknowledge him as the winner, what does she want, she's hurting the party. Just because she got coverage doesn't mean it was positive. They wanted her out of the way as much as the Obama supporters. Now even if she endorses him, the questions will be, what deal did she cut, will she campaign vigorously for him, why did she wait so long, will she undermine him so he loses. I know you don't like her, but get real about the media coverage.

You're completely ignoring the time between New Hampshire and Super Tuesday, it was all Hillary all the time. She became human*, she found her voice. When they mentioned Obama it was always how is he possibly going to recover.

The idiots jumped on the winner because he was winning, they started crapping on Hillary because she was losing, not because they hate her and have a vendetta for her. If she was the nominee there would be Hillary mania of the historic race and the chance for the first woman President. It would be a lovefest on CNN and MSNBC and a hatefest of FOX. They got on her because she started losing and then started showing her bad side (making stuff up).

*Memo to Hillary, you're supposed to be human. You're supposed to start showing your human side when you're 6, not 56.

Because I know you all care............

Dear Joseph,

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Surprise! Senator Clinton faces reality before PJ. Who had today in the AM?

Surprise! Senator Clinton faces reality before PJ. Who had today in the AM?

I said I would give up when she did, but I'd stick with her until she made the decision. I took my bumper sticker off my car this morning.

I thought that considering with all the practice at Clinton-bashing that the media has had for over a decade, she was treated pretty darned fairly. We watch a number of outlets here and from what I saw she was judged on her own merits, not on her husband.

Hillary needs to realize that people want a change and while the general population may not be a pack of geniuses they know that the Clintons are the 1990's. Their time has come and gone. For all McCain has been around since the dinosauers, up until he buckled under to Bush's attacks in 2000 he was known as a maverick and agent of change. If he gets that back we'll have us a real horse race. The problem is that after Bush treated McCain like crap, he sucked it up and acted the party hack for 8 years. Now he's got to overcome that.

It is pretty funny to hear McCain say "Obama voted for something Bush favored" (as a negative) whilst campaigning with Bush just a week ago...

Obama- I am going to cure all the ills in the world. I will heal the sick, feed the poor, end all wars, and walk on water.

:thumbsup: Yeah, but even JC told us HOW he was going to do all that, still waiting on Oblahblah to give me any kind of HOW, even a little one.

I know, they really suck. I watch them with horrid fascination to see just how BAD they can get. IF you can't be the BEST, be the BEST at being the WORST. That's a philosphy I learned from being a Bills fan and it's served me well relative to the M's.

Good, because after McCain gets done with Oblahblah in the debates, you won't feel so bad. I'm just kiddin' but tell me that isn't in the back of your mind.

Barely mentioned himself and what he accomplished in the primaries. :w00t:He makes me think of Ronald Regan and MLK put together. :w00t:

Yeah, right. I have the TV on in my office all the time which means I have heard more of Obama's speeches than most. If I had a dollar for every time I hear "when I was a community organizer"(= bagman for the Daley machine) I'd have enough money to go out for a week. Besides, now that he's up against McCain, he has to start talking about his extensive Illinois senate experience to even have a chance, so yeah, we're sure to hear him talking about himself even more.

Reagan and King, AUFKM? Here's the big difference: you have to have actually accomplished something to make great speeches mean anything/last through history. Somehow I doubt that old chestnut: "When I was a community organizer" is ever going to be on par with "I have a dream" or "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall".

Could there be a better illustration of the concept of wishful thinking? Anybody care if I use this thread in training classes?

And who can blame him! Don't these black people know they are just supposed to shut up and vote for white Democrats and everything will be taken care of?? Hasn't that arrangement been working just fine for the past few decades? How dare they take matters into their own hands!!!

Kaa F'ing Boom!!!! Hey the far-left have been forcing affirmative action on us and demanding the over-emphasizing of diversity over performance for so long, it's about time the learned the failure of those policies for themselves. Of all things, they used their stud woman candidate up as a sacrificial lamb to their god of hubris.

I gotta agree with this view more than the other. It's as if the entire months of March and April media coverage don't exist now. Well, then again, since apparently Reagan didn't win the Cold War according to phony far left hacks, why shouldn't we expect them to continue their attempts at history revision? So what, now Chris Mathews didn't have funny feelings going up his leg?

:thumbsup::w00t: :w00t: :lol: :lol: ...

...whew...

...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you actually believe that crap?

I kind of think she's delusional enough to believe that her getting in the White House would have that effect.

I wonder what an honest politican would write?

Dear Sucker,

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who I've deluded into believing in me. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been manipulating and conning many people into working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping me win, every dollar you donated to my unabashed greed meant more to me.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. Despite my transparanet lack of sincerety, I know you'll buy every word of it. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are the same as the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans - I deserve power, they don't.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to work in private to undermine him at every turn while appearing to deliver on that promise, until it's no longer in my self-interest to maintain the pretense at which point I'll abandon him like a two-dollar hooker.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for my own ambition and ego. I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep telling that lie today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can manipulate the party and Senator Obama for my benefit. My sense of self-importance is too high and my self-image too important for me to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for my own shameless self-promotion, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always lie, cheat, and steal while paying lip-service to the issues and causes that are important to you. I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, send more money you gullible fool.

Sincerely,

Fictitious Honest Candidate