We have 54 hours to see about Henry

seq004

Again, people are saying he has no trade value and that's just nuts. Does he look good this year? No. Does Henry give a sh1t? No. My question is why would any team not realize the guy is not giving 100% and will return to a 1400 rusher who will play in pain for the benifet of the team. I think TH is a dam good RB and until this year I'd say he was our MVP on offense. I just think Willis is a special athlete that will be a star in the NFL. I think that if we could get a quality lineman or say a 2nd round pick we trade him tomorrow and let Shaud Williams who I think is a pretty good back up and better than Burns back up Willis, JMO.

I dont want to see Henry traded in the middle of the season, just because if McGahee does go down, its Joe Burns running our offense.  *shudder*.  I DO think Henry gets traded at the end of the season though, some team will offer up a 2nd rounder for him.

73239[/snapback]

Trade him for a 2nd. Draft a backup back with a 3rd or 4th pick

One point I would like to make is that Henry has generally started slowly early in the season. He was averaging only 2.7 per carry through his first five games a year ago, then he only proceeded to post 1,096 rushing yards in the final 10 games of the year. 2002 was a similar story. While he had a great first game, he disappeared for the next month, before finishing very strong in the final 11 games.

The point is, don't write him off just yet.

Trade him for a 2nd.  Draft a backup back with a 3rd or 4th pick

73263[/snapback]

Why the heck would you trade Travis Henry for as #2 pick, and then gamble that you could get a back-up with the #3 pick? That makes very little sense to me. Chances are, no matter who you are drafting (Which GM) that pick is a crapshoot. You know what you have with Travis. He's cheap. He's very good. This should show everyone that we need two backs, not that Travis can finally be traded. So what if he sulks.

That said, I am a huge Travis fan and think he is a very very good back. But McGahee does 2-3 things clearly better (blocking, receiving), and does the things that Travis does well just as well. He really impressed me today and I believe he should start next week.

I dont want to see Henry traded in the middle of the season, just because if McGahee does go down, its Joe Burns running our offense.  *shudder*.  I DO think Henry gets traded at the end of the season though, some team will offer up a 2nd rounder for him.

73239[/snapback]

Does anyone know what the status on Shaud Williams is? I know it was second team but he looked better than Burns to me in Preseason.

Guest Guest_Goo_*
Agreed. If a team offered up a #2 (which sadly, I doubt will happen), I would jump on it in 2 seconds.

73275[/snapback]

Why do you doubt a team would give up a number 2 for a two-time 1400yard back? We should be looking to get our number 1 round pick back.

Does anyone know what the status on Shaud Williams is? I know it was second team but he looked better than Burns to me in Preseason.

73283[/snapback]

i was going to ask the same question. i think he might be injured?

There are sevaral keys for the Bills making this trade before the trade deadline Tuesday:

1. Unfortunately it is far more likely if some other team has their #1 RB get hurt because that will greatly increase the market interest (and thus what we can get for him) of Henry. Talk to me tonite and after Mondays game and my guess will be better.

2. How confident are you in Shaud Williams? Joe Burns does not seem like a capable reserve RB if WM were to go down and Williams (who apparently is coming off an injury) seems to be an unlikely but better candidate to be the back-up RB to WM. If you have no confidence in him then TH needs to bring not only a draft choice but a quality potential reserve.

Travis wont be going anywhere this season.....if anything he will go in the offseason....

Hopefully after today Mularkey realizes that both these guys need to be used....Could you imagine if when Mcgahee was struggling early we had a healthy Henry to go in there and vice versa.....Only good thing will come from this....

In fact imma say right now....If we use both backs next week....The Ravens next week are going to be in trouble....

Travis wont be going anywhere this season.....if anything he will go in the offseason....

Hopefully after today Mularkey realizes that both these guys need to be used....Could you imagine if when Mcgahee was struggling early we had a healthy Henry to go in there and vice versa.....Only good thing will come from this....

In fact imma say right now....If we use both backs next week....The Ravens next week are going to be in trouble....

73333[/snapback]

I have no problem with TH getting 2-3 touches next week while spelling Willis. :devil: