Pro Bowl Selections in 2008

H2o

This year holds alot more possibilities than years of the past. I understand that any player has a shot at making the Pro Bowl on a year to year basis, but we all know that we aren't the Cowboys and there aren't as many Bills fans to have 13 of our players on the roster. So, realistically, who do you guys see from our squad possibly making the Pro Bowl? Here's my guesses and explanations behind them.

Offense

Lee Evans - I think that he returns to his "Pro Bowl" form this year because he actually has a viable threat playing the #2 WR position in Hardy. It will open up the field for him tremendously. Along with our running game coming into it's own, which will open up the play-action pass.

Marshawn Lynch- His second year will clearly be better than his first with more yards from scrimmage and more TD's. The threat of our passing attack will open up the interior for him because they will not be able to throw 8 or 9 guys in the box any longer.

Jason Peters- He will play to show that he is TRULY worth the top tier LT money that he wants and he will get it.

Those are the only guys that I think will get the nod on our offense. We will have solid contributions from others such as Dockery, Parrish returning punts is a possibility, and Hardy will make a big impact as a rookie maybe even garnering ROY honors.

Defense

Marcus Stroud- I think Stroud is really ticked off that he was viewed as not worth keeping and will play his :( off this year.

Aaron Schobel- Won't be getting double-teamed this year because of the addition of Stroud and the emergence of McCargo.

Angelo Crowell- Playing for a contract and the addition of Mitchell, along with a healthy Poz, will allow him to have a monster year. You also have to figure that our d-line will require more focus which will free up our LB's to make more plays at or behind the line of scrimmage and Crowell is ball hawk of a LB, seeming to be in on every play.

I think McCargo, Mitchell, Whitner, and McGee are strong canidates as well.

So, I see six making it from our Bills team. A team that will make the playoffs and surprise alot of people around NFL circles. What do you all think?

Good post and I agree. I could also see Poz having a great year and making the Probowl. He has the ability and the players around him to succeed. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Poz is just the type of player the NFL would love to see do well. He is very marketable and has a good head on his shoulders. I expect big things from Poz!

Offense:Evans,Lynch,Peters Defense:Whitner,Stroud,Mitchell,McGee,Schobel,and Crowell

In my opinion i believe our defense is going to be dominant and that is why i believe we will have this many players from our defense in the pro bowl.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with all those names, that says the team had a great year in order to send all those reps.......

I hope Moorman does NOT get to go to the Pro-Bowl......If he does, it usually means our Offense had a horrible year...

offense:

Lynch - (1635yards, 17 tds) Lynch should have been offensive rookie of the year if not rookie of the year last year...Peterson took it only because of that one game in which he broke the rushing record or came close to it, I cant remember wich...Lynch was in top of running backs behind a 1st year o-line while Peterson had a very good line in minny...this years o-line will be much better and with our new wr acquisitions Lynch will get 100/game average and a trip to Hawaii

Peters - if Peters doesn't get his contract this year he will be wanting to show how dominant he is at LT and then will get his pay-day...I just hope its with the Bills...Its one thing to let someone like Clements go but Buffalo seriously cant afford to lose Peters no matter how much he wants..pay-day + pro bowl#2 = Great future LT for Bills

Defense:

Pozluzny - (126 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 int) while Lynch should have had offensive ROY..Poz most defiantly could have had defensive ROY if he had stayed healthy..or at least he looked like he could have had that type of year in the few games he played...this year he stays healthy and gets a pro bowl

McCargo - (40 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 FF) some ppl may say Stroud gets the trip , but I think Stroud will path the way for McCargo to go to Hawaii...McCargo will benefit and get huge numbers this year in his breakout year

Schobel - ( 65 tackles, 15.5 sacks, 1 int, 3 FF) with a solid middle and more dominant LB core Schobel might have his best year of the past 5 years...Im looking for double digit sacks and maybe 1 int this year and with name recognition along with production Schobel gets starter in pro bowl

I wish people would be a little more realistic about Poz. He looked good in the first couple of games...yet the Bills gave up about 450 yards in both of them. I'd like to see him stay healthy and make a positive impact on his TEAM before we anoint him a Pro Bowler. Last season in his couple of games he made himself look pretty good...but the defense as a whole still got run over.

Offense: Peters. Once a guy earns a reputation on the OL you can pretty much pencil-in a Pro Bowl spot unless he's hurt and doesn't play half the year. Evans and Lynch are the only other guys on offense who realistically have a chance.

Defense: Most likely rep is Schobel, particularly now that the Bills have beefed-up the interior of the line. Whitner and McCargo are my dark horse candidates.

ST: Both Moorman and Lindell are legitimate candidates.

All in all, I expect Buffalo to have three or four Pro-Bowlers on a team that "should" have a winning record.

Good post and I agree. I could also see Poz having a great year and making the Probowl. He has the ability and the players around him to succeed. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Poz is just the type of player the NFL would love to see do well. He is very marketable and has a good head on his shoulders. I expect big things from Poz!

Well if you think Posluszny will make the pro bowl after not playing 98.9% of the season; Trent Edwards has my vote. :(

McCargo - (40 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 FF) some ppl may say Stroud gets the trip , but I think Stroud will path the way for McCargo to go to Hawaii...McCargo will benefit and get huge numbers this year in his breakout year

those aren't huge numbers and likely wouldn't attract too many pro bowl votes

Do you mean that, in the astrophysical sense? :thumbsup:

If astrophysics enter into kicking an oddly shaped semi-spheroidal air filled bladder branded with a "K" through a couple upright poles then yes, in the astrophysical sense. :rolleyes:

those aren't huge numbers and likely wouldn't attract too many pro bowl votes

OK so ill change the word huge to top numbers...if you check the stats of DT's the numbers I gave are comparable to top numbers of last season..as a matter of fact a few of the pro bowlers had comparable numbers although ill agree that huge would be exsessive....also I didnt want to go and throw numbers that I didnt think could be reached

last years pro bowlers:

Albert Haynesworth 40 6 0

Vince Worlfork 48 2 0

Jamal Williams 39 0 1

Casey Hampton 33 .5 0

(hmm looks like my stats beats those 4 guys)

Pat Williams 62 2 0

Kevin Williams 38 3 1

Tommie Harris 36 8 2

Darnell Dockett 58 9 2

(ok my numbers aren't huge compared to these guys but if McCargo had my numbers last year he'd be a pro bowler)