we all want trent to be good, but....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Who exactly are you addressing? All of one person criticized Edwards in this thread. Thats far from being tar-and-feathered.

Heaven forbid even one disciple speak ill of thy holy Trent, huh?

Thou could not be a true disciple of the holy Trent speaking such utter blasphemy. :(

I think he feels Edwards should be treated with kid gloves. This makes sense because Edwards is a kid. And he wears gloves.

Edwards should not apologize for his fantastic play though. Just remember the streak he had where he put up more points against his opponent than any other team on their schedule except the ones they had played already. That is awesome for a third round rookie.

And forget about the Cleveland game where he put up a goose egg. You would think the defense would score in those conditions. Plus he had the Jets on the ropes in game two before clean up the city boy came in and stole all the glory. The game against the Giants was tremendous when you consider the Giants also wear blue and he was a third round rookie and might have been confused. If you count the interceptions/TD returns he threw as touchdowns for the Bills instead of the Giants his QB rating was through the roof. He is still learning and if we had played a purple or green team that stuff would not have happened.

I really supported JP but he had his chance. IF what you said above is the norm for Trent this coming year then we have two lousy QB's. I did see some quick decisions from him that I thought was very encouraging for a young green QB. I am not really sure why fans decide to hate 1 Qb if they favor the other. I don't ahte jp but I don't think he has what it takes to make it in the NFL. With all that athletic ability, how many huge games did he have. Last year a made a road trip to the Jax game and before the game I thought this is his chance to sink or swim. He was horrible in that game. If he can't handle the pressure in a regular season game with his career on the line then I don't want him on my team. I don't know if Trent is the answer but he did show alot of promise and he appears to be the only answer on the team. I could be wrong, I did support Rob Johnson for way to long.

I am thinking that your cringing has to do with the fact that Trent held the ball a wee long in the pocket before he found a target and got rid of it.

With Schonert, Trent will not be holding the ball anywhere near as long. He will be getting the ball out much, much sooner.

I am thinking that your cringing has to do with the fact that Trent held the ball a wee long in the pocket before he found a target and got rid of it.

With Schonert, Trent will not be holding the ball anywhere near as long. He will be getting the ball out much, much sooner.

I think Fairchild was MUCH to blame for BOTH QB's problems last year. Here's to Turk being a Much better OC than Fairchild. :(

I think Trent will have better numbers overall than Brady.

... how'se that for putting myself out there?

I hope you are right.....

P.S. do you have any more of that crack you are smoking :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!

We hope he gets better, but he might not. It's a mistake to assume that more snaps will help.

More snaps sometimes expose weaknesses. Two years ago JP was a top half of the league starter. It was assumed he could only get better. Last year, defenses reacted to what they had seen from Losman and the Bills offense in 2006, and between the injuries and Edwards taking time, JP was relegated to backup duty on the second worst offense in the league by seasons end.

Expect teams to pressure Edwards more this year and take away the short pass he specializes in, with the idea being that you will either knock him out of the game(injury prone) or force him to make the long throws he is not particularly good at. Kind of a "Chad Pennington" defense.

IMO, the Bills really screwed Edwards by not getting a TE to help him out. If there is one good deep ball Edwards throws it's the deep middle(not coincidentally the shortest distance between points), and a seam stretching TE could be the difference between him making it in the league and not. But, once again, the Bills felt there were higher priorities than putting the QB in the best position to succeed(which is actually the most important thing an organization can do, period).

All of the above is of course completely true.

One would think that the best way to react to more pressure would be a successful running attack. Maybe, just maybe the OL will improve based on Peters and Butler having gained more experience. In addition, the OL will have played together as a unit for a full year. Don't ask me why, but I have a feeling that the new OL coach will be a good one as well. That said, they better stay healthy.

I hope this works, because you are right....the Bills all but ignored the TE position, choosing instead to bring in a UFA corner, and of course draft 3 corners, including a # 11. I will never understand this; I am not capable of doing so, but hope springs eternal, ya know?

I must be the only one around here that likes both QB's. I think Losman has had a few break thus far in his career, but on the other hand he didnt help his cause either. I still think Losman can be a good QB, he just needs the surroundings to be there. Same goes for Edwards.

I dont care who the QB as long as we get to the playoffs and get some respect. This includes that 3rd stringer of our whos name I wont mention........due to the love fest for him.

I like them both. Trent is the starter, and from what I've read he has become something of a workout maven and now has some idea of what winter games in Western New york is like, so I would expect him to be better this year. Losman is pretty darn close to his equal and has something to prove ...if he ever gets back on the field. I think Losman is certainly better than anything we would get for him in trade right now. We're okay in this position, and maybe a little better than okay if the qb's have continued to progress.

High praise indeed. Reminds me of Brave Sir Robin who nearly fought the dragon of Angnor.

Yea, you speak with great wisdom oh Kelly. However, if Trent fails his most holy quest to reach the playoffs this year, we must lob the Holy Hand Grenade at him on the count of 3.....or....5

Yea, you speak with great wisdom oh Kelly. However, if Trent fails his most holy quest to reach the playoffs this year, we must lob the Holy Hand Grenade at him on the count of 3.....or....5

Wrong, we have to clinch playoffs by September 31st or he is a total bust and we need to trade Lynch and Peters for the top pick and draft a QB. Its been 10 years since playoffs, but if it gets to 11 years then the apocalypse will hit, because fans will be upset! :rolleyes:

amazingly though he still looked better than the qb that ended up winning the superbowl :rolleyes:

Are you CRAZY? Trent lost that game remember. It was not the defense or anyone else but Trent that lost that game. The Bills were WINNING the game until Trent started throwing INTERCEPTIONS. The Giants said after the Super Bowl the Bills game was the PIVOTAL game of their season.

Are you CRAZY? Trent lost that game remember. It was not the defense or anyone else but Trent that lost that game. The Bills were WINNING the game until Trent started throwing INTERCEPTIONS. The Giants said after the Super Bowl the Bills game was the PIVOTAL game of their season.

Congrats on keeping up the crusade :rolleyes: Can you imagine how many posts you can have before the season kicks off!

GO BILLS!

Yes, because as we all know, QB's play in a vacuum.

Yes, because as we all know, QB's play in a vacuum.

I get it, only JP plays in a vacuum. I agree a QB does not play in a vacuum THAT SHOULD INCLUDE JP. Interceptions however, I believe are pretty much on the QB. An interception that is returned for a TD is about the worst thing that can happen in a game aside from injuries. If Trent did not throw those interceptions at the end of the game, the Bills had a very good chance to win the game, so for anyone to say Trent outplayed Eli is crazy. I thought Trent played well most of that game, but he fell apart at the end.......where was the poise? The Giants game & the Jets game where Trent played poorly before getting hurt are really what has me most concerned about his ability. With better playcalling he may have put some points on the board in the Dallas game. I will give him a Mulligan for the Browns game because I am sure he never saw weather like that before, let alone play in it.

Congrats on keeping up the crusade :rolleyes: Can you imagine how many posts you can have before the season kicks off!

GO BILLS!

I try to focus on FOOTBALL in my posts. Read your own posts, most are like post #36 in this thread & have NOTHING to do with football.

We hope he gets better, but he might not. It's a mistake to assume that more snaps will help.

More snaps sometimes expose weaknesses. Two years ago JP was a top half of the league starter. It was assumed he could only get better. Last year, defenses reacted to what they had seen from Losman and the Bills offense in 2006, and between the injuries and Edwards taking time, JP was relegated to backup duty on the second worst offense in the league by seasons end.

Expect teams to pressure Edwards more this year and take away the short pass he specializes in, with the idea being that you will either knock him out of the game(injury prone) or force him to make the long throws he is not particularly good at. Kind of a "Chad Pennington" defense.

IMO, the Bills really screwed Edwards by not getting a TE to help him out. If there is one good deep ball Edwards throws it's the deep middle(not coincidentally the shortest distance between points), and a seam stretching TE could be the difference between him making it in the league and not. But, once again, the Bills felt there were higher priorities than putting the QB in the best position to succeed(which is actually the most important thing an organization can do, period).

how can you argue with fortifying the OL?

oh wait- they did not do that either.

sorry