we all want trent to be good, but....

I don't expect that much out of him this year. He has to be given more than just this year

I don't expect him to lead us to the Super Bowl in 08, but he needs to show improvement, & I would like to see him stay healthy for the entire year. If he starts out looking good in Sept - Oct, but falters in Nov-Dec- Jan then I will be very concerned.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

realistically, how good do you all think he will be this year? He showed alot of promise last year, but wasnt that great(in trents defense, when compared to JP, when he dropped back to pass, I didnt cringe..)

With a functioning running game Trent doesn't have to be dazzling, just efficient. Hardy and Viti should help in the red zone. Remember, Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring.

PTR

With a functioning running game Trent doesn't have to be dazzling, just efficient. Hardy and Viti should help in the red zone. Remember, Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring.

PTR

Efficient is GOOD, I would be very happy with that. I think efficient means putting some points on the board (6+1 at a time) and avoiding costly turnovers.

I don't expect him to lead us to the Super Bowl in 08, but he needs to show improvement, & I would like to see him stay healthy for the entire year. If he starts out looking good in Sept - Oct, but falters in Nov-Dec- Jan then I will be very concerned.

This is the point where you usually see struggling- teams have film of him at the NFL level now and will make adjustments. He not only needs to continue to grow as an NFL quarterback, but has to adjust to what teams are doing against him- which goes against his tendencies that have developed over his career. I expect a rough season of growing pains- which I am fine with.

JP makes me, and every Bills fan I know, nervous. It's mainly his body language. He looks nervous and projects that anxiety. He's also had a bad habit of giving up the ball in critical situations. Trent looks more in control out there, and his calm projects. I have high expectations of him. Sumpin about the guy. Seems like a winner to me. I like JP, too. But as a backup. I don't believe that ANY team in the league would be interested in JP as "their guy".

How about overly caffeinated.

Efficient is GOOD, I would be very happy with that. I think efficient means putting some points on the board (6+1 at a time) and avoiding costly turnovers.

I would have to agree with you there :D The offense did well at times last year moving the ball "between the twenties" but they need to get it into the endzone more often. I don't expect them to have the best "redzone" stats in the league but a couple of extra TD's every now and then is a good start.

GO BILLS!

I would have to agree with you there :P The offense did well at times last year moving the ball "between the twenties" but they need to get it into the endzone more often. I don't expect them to have the best "redzone" stats in the league but a couple of extra TD's every now and then is a good start.

GO BILLS!

:D We have a consensus.