we all want trent to be good, but....

Yea, you speak with great wisdom oh Kelly. However, if Trent fails his most holy quest to reach the playoffs this year, we must lob the Holy Hand Grenade at him on the count of 3.....or....5

4 shall not be counted . . .

and 5 is RIGHT OUT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it, only JP plays in a vacuum. I agree a QB does not play in a vacuum THAT SHOULD INCLUDE JP. Interceptions however, I believe are pretty much on the QB. An interception that is returned for a TD is about the worst thing that can happen in a game aside from injuries. If Trent did not throw those interceptions at the end of the game, the Bills had a very good chance to win the game, so for anyone to say Trent outplayed Eli is crazy. I thought Trent played well most of that game, but he fell apart at the end.......where was the poise? The Giants game & the Jets game where Trent played poorly before getting hurt are really what has me most concerned about his ability. With better playcalling he may have put some points on the board in the Dallas game. I will give him a Mulligan for the Browns game because I am sure he never saw weather like that before, let alone play in it.

JP has had had stretches that he has played well, and stetches that he has been terrible. We drafted him as a guy who wasn't close to ready to play, then he broke his leg when we signed a Dullfin player. Then we put him on the field THAT season when he wasn't even physically ready. He shouldn't have had a significant snap until year three. I look at Dumbahoe and MoronMularkey for prematurely exposing him to failure on what was a terrible team. I am very concerned about Edwards' readiness at this stage of his career- the garbage about you can't develop QB's anymore is a bunch of bunk. I just hope Edwards doesn't end up where JP is now.

We have thrown away too many draft picks on the QB position, which is why we are struggling to repair out lines- which are better, but still not great

JP has had had stretches that he has played well, and stetches that he has been terrible. We drafted him as a guy who wasn't close to ready to play, then he broke his leg when we signed a Dullfin player. Then we put him on the field THAT season when he wasn't even physically ready. He shouldn't have had a significant snap until year three. I look at Dumbahoe and MoronMularkey for prematurely exposing him to failure on what was a terrible team. I am very concerned about Edwards' readiness at this stage of his career- the garbage about you can't develop QB's anymore is a bunch of bunk. I just hope Edwards doesn't end up where JP is now.

We have thrown away too many draft picks on the QB position, which is why we are struggling to repair out lines- which are better, but still not great

I agree with everything in this post. I hope they don't jerk Trent around like they did JP.

I agree with everything in this post. I hope they don't jerk Trent around like they did JP.

There are just so many things that can screw up a young QB's development- having Mularkey just made things worse. I hope either Edwards pans out ot JP gets another shot. I don't care who is out there, I just want to stick with a guy and eventually make the playoffs- don't think this is our year though.

I think Trent will likely end up to be like a pre-injury chad pennington. Below average arm. Smart. Can occasionally lead a team to the playoffs as a wild card. Hopefully get can field a good D and he can be trent dilfer++ for us.

There are just so many things that can screw up a young QB's development- having Mularkey just made things worse. I hope either Edwards pans out ot JP gets another shot. I don't care who is out there, I just want to stick with a guy and eventually make the playoffs- don't think this is our year though.

I don't think JP will or should see the field unless Trent gets injured because he won't be a Bill in 09 unless both the Bills & JP have a change of heart.

What he showed me as a rookie is he can play the take what you can get and avoid negative plays role well. That is VERY rare from a rookie QB. Having said that he still needs to improve on areas like his medium range and long throws. Arm strength is not his problem. True, he will ever be Farve, Elway, or even JP in terms of arm strength, but he doesn't have to be. Lots of great QB's have had average arm strength. Without the cannon he needs to become exceptional at reading coverages and improve on timing. He's a smart guy, and he's accurate. I like his chances, more in 09 and 10, but enough in 08 to not hurt our playoff chances and possibly even help them.

What he showed me as a rookie is he can play the take what you can get and avoid negative plays role well. That is VERY rare from a rookie QB. Having said that he still needs to improve on areas like his medium range and long throws. Arm strength is not his problem. True, he will ever be Farve, Elway, or even JP in terms of arm strength, but he doesn't have to be. Lots of great QB's have had average arm strength. Without the cannon he needs to become exceptional at reading coverages and improve on timing. He's a smart guy, and he's accurate. I like his chances, more in 09 and 10, but enough in 08 to not hurt our playoff chances and possibly even help them.

That sums it up pretty nicely. Good post.

I get it, only JP plays in a vacuum. I agree a QB does not play in a vacuum THAT SHOULD INCLUDE JP. Interceptions however, I believe are pretty much on the QB. An interception that is returned for a TD is about the worst thing that can happen in a game aside from injuries. If Trent did not throw those interceptions at the end of the game, the Bills had a very good chance to win the game, so for anyone to say Trent outplayed Eli is crazy. I thought Trent played well most of that game, but he fell apart at the end.......where was the poise? The Giants game & the Jets game where Trent played poorly before getting hurt are really what has me most concerned about his ability. With better playcalling he may have put some points on the board in the Dallas game. I will give him a Mulligan for the Browns game because I am sure he never saw weather like that before, let alone play in it.

You obviously were not at the giants game. The weather in the 2nd half was brutal & made it pretty much impossible to throw the ball. Didnt the defense also give up like 300yrds rushing. I would say that had more to do with the loss then anything.

You obviously were not at the giants game. The weather in the 2nd half was brutal & made it pretty much impossible to throw the ball. Didnt the defense also give up like 300yrds rushing. I would say that had more to do with the loss then anything.

That game was funny. Not funny in a powerbomb someone onto a driveway sort of way, but more in a weather sort of way. You really have to blame the offensive defense more than anything else.

I mean Trent is a third round rookie and fantastic for that level of draft pick. The O lineman should have been ready for those picks and ready to make some tackles and maybe force a fumble. Trent can't be expected to make tackles in his rookie season.

I was not at the game, I saw it on TV. The POINTS the Giants scored in the 4th were scored by the DEFENSE on INTERCEPTIONS by Trent. If the weather was that brutal, maybe some poor play calling was involved, however it was still Trent that threw those picks that led directly to Giants points & win. Everyone knows the weather can be brutal in Buffalo late in the season, if Trent can't handle the weather, he won't be a good QB for the Bills, no matter how smart he is- just my opinion.

I was not at the game, I saw it on TV. The POINTS the Giants scored in the 4th were scored by the DEFENSE on INTERCEPTIONS by Trent. If the weather was that brutal, maybe some poor play calling was involved, however it was still Trent that threw those picks that led directly to Giants points & win. Everyone knows the weather can be brutal in Buffalo late in the season, if Trent can't handle the weather, he won't be a good QB for the Bills, no matter how smart he is- just my opinion.

I have had season tickets for 12 years & that weather in the 2nd half was probably the worst Ive seen at a home game. The only other game I could remember comparable to that game was a NE game years ago that was like 6-3 we lost in overtime when flute & RJ were here.

But no Trent did make some bad throws in that game, but once they were down the game got away from him. Also, the 1st INT that was returned for a TD was tipped & should of been caught by the receiver. Hopefully edwards improves this year because if not, I do not think we will make the playoffs.

That game was funny. Not funny in a powerbomb someone onto a driveway sort of way, but more in a weather sort of way. You really have to blame the offensive defense more than anything else.

I mean Trent is a third round rookie and fantastic for that level of draft pick. The O lineman should have been ready for those picks and ready to make some tackles and maybe force a fumble. Trent can't be expected to make tackles in his rookie season.

You should really try getting some new material.

I have had season tickets for 12 years & that weather in the 2nd half was probably the worst Ive seen at a home game. The only other game I could remember comparable to that game was a NE game years ago that was like 6-3 we lost in overtime when flute & RJ were here.

But no Trent did make some bad throws in that game, but once they were down the game got away from him. Also, the 1st INT that was returned for a TD was tipped & should of been caught by the receiver. Hopefully edwards improves this year because if not, I do not think we will make the playoffs.

I agree Trent has to show us he has what it takes this year for the long term future success of the Bills.

It is rare for a rookie to come in and play with maturity and confidence.

On the other hand, it isn't totally unheard of that a change at the QB position can produce some positive results for a few games. If there is no tape on the QB and the guy is competent, it can result in the team coming out and looking rejuvenated and better.

This doesn't mean Trent will implode. It just means that it's a long trip and it's not for certain based on how the horse comes out of the gate, how he'll break the finish line. Trent will have to continue to improve because the rest of the NFL now has some tape on him and will be working hard to take away his advantages.

I agree Trent has to show us he has what it takes this year for the long term future success of the Bills.

I don't expect that much out of him this year. He has to be given more than just this year

It is rare for a rookie to come in and play with maturity and confidence.

On the other hand, it isn't totally unheard of that a change at the QB position can produce some positive results for a few games. If there is no tape on the QB and the guy is competent, it can result in the team coming out and looking rejuvenated and better.

This doesn't mean Trent will implode. It just means that it's a long trip and it's not for certain based on how the horse comes out of the gate, how he'll break the finish line. Trent will have to continue to improve because the rest of the NFL now has some tape on him and will be working hard to take away his advantages.

Nice post.

And BTW, your stage name is apt. Up goes the boulder, then... :lol: