Wow...did everyone drink the kool-aid today?

I just finished watching the Bills/Fins at my local sports bar. I went online to see what my fellow Bills fans had to say about, what I thought was, pretty poor performance. I am shocked to see all the happy posts! I mean we were all desperate for a win, but you can't possibly be pleased with what you saw today!

McGahee...This guy was doing ZIP until the end of the game. Even then, he had no breakaway speed. He got stuffed on two goaline series. He may need another year to regain his top form, but I didn't think he blew Travis Henry away at all today.

Bills D...Putrid! They were making Fifi Feidler look like Tom Brady there for a while. And Sammy Morris??? He was SHREDDING our so-called "solid" defense. They let the worst offense in NFL march all over them. Can anyone make a tackle? You use your hands...you don't hop in the air and land on a guy.

Replays...They waste one early on the Moulds drop, (more on Moulds later) and missed to obvious reversable calls: 1) The Dolphins fumble in the 3rd quarter. Replay clearly showed the ball dropping to the ground and the Bills recovering. 2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter. The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!! It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40. Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

Moulds...Someone ought to open a big can of shut-the-f***-up on Eric. Instead of flapping your gums to the refs, why don't you get together with your QB so you guys are on the same page once in a while!

Clements...One thing you are guarenteed to see every week...Clements mad at himself for dropping a sure INT. How about working with the JUGS machine once in a while, Nate?

Coaching...I want to give Coach Mullarkey every benefit of the doubt, but I am concerned at the overall lack of discipline on the Bills. This goes beyond the awful penalties. (which are still a problem) I'm talking about a general lack of focus (dropped passes) and seeming unprepared week after week. We expect the team to show some improvement. The Bills actually look worse!

Bledsoe...He actually played a better game for once, but his accuracy is still bad. And he still locks onto one receiver: 2nd quarter throwing to Mark Campbell in triple-coverage that was nearly intercepted. Still only 13 points scored bythe O.

Sorry for p*ssing on everyones victory celebration.

PTR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you are harsh. Mcgahee played an awesome game! He had over 100 yards after contact and made the line look good. Did you catch some of those stiffarms Willis put on people. How about that when he carried 3 Dolphins defenders for a couple yards to the first down marker on 3rd and 5? The dude is 238, strong and fast. I think you need to watch that game over again and reassess your Willis opinion

I just finished watching the Bills/Fins at my local sports bar.  I went online to see what my fellow Bills fans had to say about, what I thought was, pretty poor performance.  I am shocked to see all the happy posts!  I mean we were all desperate for a win, but you can't possibly be pleased with what you saw today!

McGahee...This guy was doing ZIP until the end of the game.  Even then, he had no breakaway speed.  He got stuffed on two goaline series.  He may need another year to regain his top form, but I didn't think he blew Travis Henry away at all today.

Bills D...Putrid!  They were making Fifi Feidler look like Tom Brady there for a while.  And Sammy Morris???  He was SHREDDING our so-called "solid" defense.  They let the worst offense in NFL march all over them.  Can anyone make a tackle?  You use your hands...you don't hop in the air and land on a guy.

Replays...They waste one early on the Moulds drop, (more on Moulds later) and missed to obvious reversable calls:  1) The Dolphins fumble in the 3rd quarter.  Replay clearly showed the ball dropping to the ground and the Bills recovering.  2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter.  The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!!  It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40.  Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

Moulds...Someone ought to open a big can of shut-the-f***-up on Eric.  Instead of flapping your gums to the refs, why don't you get together with your QB so you guys are on the same page once in a while!

Clements...One thing you are guarenteed to see every week...Clements mad at himself for dropping a sure INT.  How about working with the JUGS machine once in a while, Nate?

Coaching...I want to give Coach Mullarkey every benefit of the doubt, but I am concerned at the overall lack of discipline on the Bills.  This goes beyond the awful penalties.  (which are still a problem)  I'm talking about a general lack of focus (dropped passes) and seeming unprepared week after week.  We expect the team to show some improvement.  The Bills actually look worse!

Bledsoe...He actually played a better game for once, but his accuracy is still bad.  And he still locks onto one receiver: 2nd quarter throwing to Mark Campbell in triple-coverage that was nearly intercepted.  Still only 13 points scored bythe O.

PTR

73059[/snapback]

If you don't think this game was large step up from the previous 4 you are

N U T S

i wont waste my time reading your post, but with 3 or 4 complete drive down the field i am very happy with our offense. the only thing they didnt do is punch it in once they got to the 1 yard line - that will come with time and you know it.

p.s. miami still has one of the best defenses in the league, so today's performance was very impressive for our offense.

2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter.  The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!!  It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40.  Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

73059[/snapback]

I believe the rule states that if the returner touches the ball while he is out of bounds the ball is ruled out of bounds too....so that was the correct call based on the rule.

PTR, I think you drank the kool-aid.

It was not a great game (this is not a great team), but it was a win.  It feels good.  Try to enjoy it a bit.

73061[/snapback]

Sorry, Houston. I have to watch the Patriots games side-by-side with the Bills games. It only magnifies how bad we suck. The Pats are a friggin' football machine where mediocrity is not tolerated. We on the other hand are giddy for beating a Div. III team. Accept stink, and you will get stink every week.

PTR

2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter. The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!! It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40. Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

As I understand it, the player was out of bounds when he touched the ball, making the penalty legit.

i was drinkin like hell all day...although i admit it wasn't kool-aid. aw well, sorry i'm not as bummed as you. i wasn't expecting to go to the superbowl anyway...i just wanted a win. hell, i was sure they would !@#$ it up, so i couldn't be happier!

I just finished watching the Bills/Fins at my local sports bar.  I went online to see what my fellow Bills fans had to say about, what I thought was, pretty poor performance.  I am shocked to see all the happy posts!  I mean we were all desperate for a win, but you can't possibly be pleased with what you saw today!

McGahee...This guy was doing ZIP until the end of the game.  Even then, he had no breakaway speed.  He got stuffed on two goaline series.  He may need another year to regain his top form, but I didn't think he blew Travis Henry away at all today.

Bills D...Putrid!  They were making Fifi Feidler look like Tom Brady there for a while.  And Sammy Morris???  He was SHREDDING our so-called "solid" defense.  They let the worst offense in NFL march all over them.  Can anyone make a tackle?  You use your hands...you don't hop in the air and land on a guy.

Replays...They waste one early on the Moulds drop, (more on Moulds later) and missed to obvious reversable calls:  1) The Dolphins fumble in the 3rd quarter.  Replay clearly showed the ball dropping to the ground and the Bills recovering.  2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter.  The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!!  It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40.  Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

Moulds...Someone ought to open a big can of shut-the-f***-up on Eric.  Instead of flapping your gums to the refs, why don't you get together with your QB so you guys are on the same page once in a while!

Clements...One thing you are guarenteed to see every week...Clements mad at himself for dropping a sure INT.  How about working with the JUGS machine once in a while, Nate?

Coaching...I want to give Coach Mullarkey every benefit of the doubt, but I am concerned at the overall lack of discipline on the Bills.  This goes beyond the awful penalties.  (which are still a problem)  I'm talking about a general lack of focus (dropped passes) and seeming unprepared week after week.  We expect the team to show some improvement.  The Bills actually look worse!

Bledsoe...He actually played a better game for once, but his accuracy is still bad.  And he still locks onto one receiver: 2nd quarter throwing to Mark Campbell in triple-coverage that was nearly intercepted.  Still only 13 points scored bythe O.

PTR

73059[/snapback]

How many times do we have to over the fact that if the whistle the play dead and say there was no fumble, it IS NOT REVIEWABLE. MY GOD some moron complains about this at least once a week. NOT REVIEWABLE. GET IT?!?!

The second one, well apparently that's the rule. I don't know the rule and haven't looked it up, but Steve Tasker (the single BEST special teamer in history) says it is and if anyone knows the rule, it would be him.

Hey.....this ain't no friggin "whiner line".....you can dial up WEEI if you want to.

As for some of your complaints....just because Sammy Morris outshined Willis today doesn't mean he's abetter player......

And I believe two of the replay calls you want challenged were not challengeable.

1) the fumble was already blown dead

2) Welker touching the ball while out of bounds was a great heads up play by Welker, well, that's what the announcers said, stating that if a player is standing out of bounds and contacts the ball the ball is considered out of bounds....thus, the penalty.

How many times do we have to over the fact that if the whistle the play dead and say  there was no fumble, it IS NOT REVIEWABLE. MY GOD some moron complains about this at least once a week. NOT REVIEWABLE. GET IT?!?!

The second one, well apparently that's the rule. I don't know the rule and haven't looked it up, but Steve Tasker (the single BEST special teamer in history) says it is and if anyone knows the rule, it would be him.

73079[/snapback]

If that was the case, I didn't know because they don't turn the sound up at the bar for the Bills games, just the Pats. Sorry.

PTR

ARE YOU FOR REAL? C'mon give them their due. Yes, the beginning was poor in places. But, the adjustments were made. From an offensive point of view, REMEMBER, the Fins have an excellent defense and the Bills Beat Them! Willis did a great job and Drew was consistent. O-Line played pretty well. Coaches did what was needed. GIVE THEM A BREAK....... :devil:

PTR

73059[/snapback]

As for some of your complaints....just because Sammy Morris outshined Willis today doesn't mean he's abetter player......

73086[/snapback]

outshined willis?? how do you figure? willis had more yards and more importantly had more yards when it mattered. sammy started getting stuffed when the game was on the line.