Wow...did everyone drink the kool-aid today?

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.  If I'm such a big Pats fan, why would I care about how the Bills played?  I can't stand the Pats, but you have to open your eyes eventually and admit it when a team other than your own is very good, especially when you play them twice a year.  The Bills will never make the playoffs unless they manage to beat the Pats, and that isn't looking too likely in the foreseeable future.

PTR

73182[/snapback]

Well from your posts it sure seems that way. Drew played a good game, coaches adjusted great at half (like they should), Mcgahee got stronger as the game went on, even though the first pass to Evans wasn't complete it opened up a lot (great call by coaches), Willis picked up blitzes, no fumbles, only 2 bad throws really all day, defense lacked intensity in first half, but changed in second half (that is with our starting CB and safety out). You're kidding right, this team played real well today and would have beat a lot of teams.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It tells me that you think it's ok for the Pats to win ugly, but not the Bills.

73174[/snapback]

The Bills and Pats are two sides of the same coin. Both teams can play ugly, but one finds the way to win every week. The other usually finds the way to lose. But that's usually the difference between a champion and a dud team.

PTR

Replays...They waste one early on the Moulds drop, (more on Moulds later) and missed to obvious reversable calls:  1) The Dolphins fumble in the 3rd quarter.  Replay clearly showed the ball dropping to the ground and the Bills recovering.  2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter.  The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!!  It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40.  Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

73059[/snapback]

Moulds begged Mularkey to throw the challenge flag and he did to appease his player....Moulds needed to shut up cause it was obvious he didnt catch that ball but he'll Moulds went on to make a couple big catches....

1) The fumble was not reviewable...The REFs blew the whistle which means the play was dead....that is not reviewable.....

2) The kickoff were the Dolphin player caught the ball out of bounds while the ball was still in play by rule is a legal play by the Dolphins and makes it a illegal procedure on the kicking team...

Sry but Mularkey was not at fault for either of these two plays.....On the Moulds challenge next time he will go with his booth and not to appease his player...

The Bills and Pats are two sides of the same coin.  Both teams can play ugly, but one finds the way to win every week.  The other usually finds the way to lose.  But that's usually the difference between a champion and a dud team.

PTR

73253[/snapback]

Nice logic. The Bills won. Will you be back with a similar post when they win fugly next week?

Which side of the coin do you want to argue next?

Or are just in a snitty that Pats have a 20 game ugly win streak (excpet the blowout of Bills) and Bills have a 1 game ugly win streak?

How many times do we have to over the fact that if the whistle the play dead and say  there was no fumble, it IS NOT REVIEWABLE. MY GOD some moron complains about this at least once a week. NOT REVIEWABLE. GET IT?!?!

The second one, well apparently that's the rule. I don't know the rule and haven't looked it up, but Steve Tasker (the single BEST special teamer in history) says it is and if anyone knows the rule, it would be him.

73079[/snapback]

That is the problem with replay. ALL PLAYS SHOULD BE REVIEWABLE!

Just my opinion.

Nice logic.  The Bills won.  Will you be back with a similar post when they win fugly next week?

Which side of the coin do you want to argue next?

Or are just in a snitty that Pats have a 20 game ugly win streak (excpet the blowout of Bills) and Bills have a 1 game ugly win streak?

73274[/snapback]

I could ask you wether you will be so glowing if the Bills piss away another win in Baltimore.

PTR

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts in a while.  You are certainly entitled to your opinion in how a 0-4 team snapped out of the shnide.  If you had left it at that, and said, they won, but they didn't look pretty doing it, I'd not respond.  But since you obliged us with your theories on why they sucked while winning, I'm compelled to respond

Funny how you don't even think that McGahee being in in the entire 4th quarter is reason enough that Henry is done.  How many times did Bills trust Henry's fingers when the game was on the line?

Read your point again - McGahee didn't do ZIP until the end of the game? 

Well, duh.  We've been missing a guy who can close the deal at the end of the game.  It's the difference between winning ugly & losing ugly.  Don't dismiss the end of the Jax game, when McGahee was also on his way to icing it (save for a bad call on Villareal)

I missed the 1st half, but in 2nd half, the seemed to make the plays they needed to make.  Convenient for you to ignore a 1st & goal that turned into a 4th & at the 10.

Maybe it's the people drinking in bars that aren't paying attention to the rulebook?

Like a key 23 yd pass play at the end of the 4Q?

Again, haven't seen the 1st half yet, and it seems that your anger set in then, and you can't give them credit for turning it around.  Tasker was critical of MM for taking the ball in 2nd half (so was I)  But I have to concede that MM made the right call - as Bills got a quick 10 pts.  The execution in 2nd half was excellent, and this team was ready to play.

Not mine.  I'm happy as hell, and I finally see the fruits of what this team has been putting together.    Henry on the sideline, Shaw in neverneverland, blitz pickups by RB, clutch catches by TEs, sacks from the D-line.

73151[/snapback]

Thanks for saving me a helluva' lot of typing. I find it awfully difficult to find fault with the Bills today. A few bad calls, a few bad breaks (DB's 12 yd run for a first brought back on a penalty), and they persisted and made plays when they needed to make them and won the game. If they were to go 16-0 some people would still piss and moan, wouldn't they?

PTR is a closet Patsie fan.  I am guessing he is hanging out with NG and t-bone to root for NE is secret.  Comes here to comment on the Bills and how bad they look, no matter what.

73142[/snapback]

You got it. He feigns interest in the Bills so people will pay attention to his posts.

He's a Pats Troll and has been one from the beginning.

So transparent.

PTR is correct...we played liked crap against another crap team, and proved we were slightly better. Take away the free 7 points and some great work by Willis late in the game and we'd be 0-5.

Our defense is awful, our offense is awful.

We will be lucky to win another game this year. We bad.

73158[/snapback]

Take away the last play of game #1 Take away bad officiating in game#2

Take away last min. of game #4 Hey we are 3-1.

I could ask you wether you will be so glowing if the Bills piss away another win in Baltimore.

PTR

73290[/snapback]

I'll have the same attitude I had since the opening game. This team is building the right blocks in place for a contender. It was plainly evident in every game so far this year, where they were a play away from a W. Things like that happen to teams that are just gelling and are not used to winning.

Your incessant focus on the negativity is ignoring the great things that happened today. The Bills owned the 4th quarter when they had the lead of 7 points or less. Check the last time that happened. I'll give you a hint - look in 2002.

Bills got the ball on their own 6 with over 6 minutes to go. They shoved it right down the throat of a decent D, and ran the clock out. I haven't seen this team do that with the game on the line in years.

But to give you an anwser you're looking for - if the Bills play a close game vs Ravens and lose in the last minute - I will reserve judgement until AFTER the game, and not have my mind made up a week before.

Hey.....this ain't no friggin "whiner line".....you can dial up WEEI if you want to.

As for some of your complaints....just because Sammy Morris outshined Willis today doesn't mean he's abetter player......

And I believe two of the replay calls you want challenged were not challengeable.

1) the fumble was already blown dead

2) Welker touching the ball while out of bounds was a great heads up play by Welker,  well, that's what the announcers said, stating that if a player is standing out of bounds and contacts the ball the ball is considered out of bounds....thus, the penalty.

73086[/snapback]

"just because Sammy Morris outshined Willis today doesn't mean he's a better player"

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day but nice try.

But to give you an anwser you're looking for - if the Bills play a close game vs Ravens and lose in the last minute - I will reserve judgement until AFTER the game, and not have my mind made up a week before.

73313[/snapback]

You analytical-types and all of your common sense. Haven't you figured out that Promo and his ilk have no room for such things?

The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!! It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40. Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

----------------------

Oh my fuggin god. Learn the rules of the game before you make idiotic comments.

The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!! It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40. Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

73526[/snapback]

People who know the rules better than you I'd imagine :)