Wow...did everyone drink the kool-aid today?

I've got a stat for you:  The Pats just won their 20th straight game today, and we got our first win since almost a year ago.   What does that tell you?

PTR

73147[/snapback]

The Bills just won the first game of their 21 game winning streak. :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were to go 16-0 some people would still piss and moan, wouldn't they?

73301[/snapback]

Unfortunately the world is full of negative people who can't see the positives of an event or the goodness in people. This is true in everything, not just sports.

The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!!  It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40.  Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

73059[/snapback]

Exact same thing happened in a game last week (don't remember which, though). Player is first to touch the ball, player has one foot out of bounds, player touches ball in bounds...kickoff is out of bounds. Just like: player is unconscious, player's head is out of bounds, player's feet are in bounds, ball hits player's feet...ball is out of bounds. Same rule.

You may not LIKE it...but that's the rule, and it should NOT have been Fins ball at the 10. Good thing you're not deciding what calls to challenge... :)

I believe the rule states that if the returner touches the ball while he is out of bounds the ball is ruled out of bounds too....so that was the correct call based on the rule.

73070[/snapback]

Your correct, I've seen the same thing in other games and the refs made the same call. The refs are correct on this issue per the rules.

I just finished watching the Bills/Fins at my local sports bar.  I went online to see what my fellow Bills fans had to say about, what I thought was, pretty poor performance.  I am shocked to see all the happy posts!  I mean we were all desperate for a win, but you can't possibly be pleased with what you saw today!

73059[/snapback]

You're just pissed because my guarantee was correct! Damn Promo...we friggin' won the game. :)

2) Welker touching the ball while out of bounds was a great heads up play by Welker,  well, that's what the announcers said, stating that if a player is standing out of bounds and contacts the ball the ball is considered out of bounds....thus, the penalty.

73086[/snapback]

yeah, don't you remember that game in New England when a fumbled ball rolled up against a Pats player who was knocked unconcscious and was partially out of bounds? They called the ball New England's even though the Bills recovered it because the ball contacted the Pats player and thus was ruled out of bounds as a result??

0-4 because we had no finishers in the 4th quarter. Now a guy comes on in the forth and seals the victory and you have the stones to knock the guy?

73931[/snapback]

That was exactly what he needed anyway. He has started slowly in most games that he has played in so far, but he really gets better as he gets more carries. He needs to build up his confidence. You could see how he was hitting that hole much faster and making much quicker decisions as the game wore on.

The guy didn't play for over a year and a half, and these are his first pro games to boot. I think he has made awesome progress and he will continue to get stronger, more confident and quicker the more carries he gets.

I think they should start him against Baltimore and bring Henry in oaccasionally as a change of pace. I like McGahee better as a pass receiver anyway.

My thoughts:

The Bills played far from perfect. There were still too many penalties (though that was reduced). There were times when it looked like Miami was screwing up purposely on first and second down because a conversion on third and long was automatic. Still too many dropped balls. Buffalo will have to play a lot better if they want to beat a quality opponent.

But, they did move in the right direction. Statistically they outgained Miami by around 140 yards. They made adjustments during the game that slowed the running of Sammy Morris. I think the fact that McGahee got stronger during the game is a positive rather than a negative. Don't they say that great running backs get stronger as the game goes on? I think psychologically having the win under their belts can help Buffalo prepare for the Baltimore game. Until you actually win a game, team members may be wrestling with some nagging doubts that they actually can win a game. Yes, your opponent was 0-5 going into the game, but it's still a win.