Very nice video on Trent!

I am sorry if this was posted, as I could not find it anywheres on here...

...but here is a very good video on Trent Edwards. It is a good interview and shows him throwing some passes to ALL of the Receivers, granted there is no defense covering the Receivers. All his passes look tight and on point...the Receivers ALL seem to show VERY soft hands.

Enjoy!

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=BDE09...9000d5d80874bb9

Thoughts...Comments?

I am sorry if this was posted, as I could not find it anywheres on here...

...but here is a very good video on Trent Edwards. It is a good interview and shows him throwing some passes to ALL of the Receivers, granted there is no defense covering the Receivers. All his passes look tight and on point...the Receivers ALL seem to show VERY soft hands.

Enjoy!

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=BDE09...9000d5d80874bb9

Thoughts...Comments?

He looks like Rob Johnson in practice. :D

I like that he's often shown starting to look in one direction and then throwing to a different receiver. It would be nice to have a QB who can look off a safety once in a while.

I like that he's often shown starting to look in one direction and then throwing to a different receiver. It would be nice to have a QB who can look off a safety once in a while.

You mean staring at Lee Evans and not once looking elsewhere on a given play is a bad thing?

It certainly looks like there's plenty of zip on the ball, and a very compact throwing motion. He gets rid of it quickly.

His fundamentals are flawless in my opinion. I see the zip as well, and his footwork is perfect. He's going to be fun to watch, especially as he gains confidence in the system.

Here's to hoping Shonert and his system sticks around for a few years so we can actually have a QB who can audibilize in a second nature when he sees a defensive flaw thrown at him. That ability comes with time, continuity, and stability....changing OC's every year is so tiresome and really hurts a young QB's development.

I think the deepest ball he threw on the video was about 25 yards, most were the typical 7-10 yard balls we saw last year.

Watch it again. Your depth perception is clearly off.

I agree with you guys who are saying he looks bigger...he's more filled out in his shoulders and arms, and his passes do seem to have more zip on them. He also seems more confident in his interview...I'm really glad we drafted this kid. I hope he ends up a keeper.

I agree with you guys who are saying he looks bigger...he's more filled out in his shoulders and arms, and his passes do seem to have more zip on them. He also seems more confident in his interview...I'm really glad we drafted this kid. I hope he ends up a keeper.

Trent is a smart kid. Last year he was very careful not to step on any toes. Now that the job is his without question, you're starting to see the leader emerge. It just needs to translate to the field. We can all "feel good" until the cows come home, but I want to see a damn offense that throws the ball for 250+ per game instead of the anemic crap we've witnessed in recent years.

At least there appears to be reason for optimism.