Bills cheated also...No better than the Patriots...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope oyu are being sarcastic, given the quote from tucker.

One season when I was with the Bills, the offensive line coach for the team we were were about to face was fired days before the game. He subsequently called our offensive line coach, Jim McNally, and let him know some of the unique defensive formations we could expect to see that week. Needless to say, the defenders were very surprised how well prepared we were.

If you are being serious, how is the above cheating?

you're saying that one unsolicited phone call from a disgruntled ex-coach = the same thing as the cheatriots*a willful, planned, elaborate, multi-year scheme to surreptitiously film and steal offensive and defensive signals to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents?

pretty stupid comparison, imho

wow...your totally reaching on this one...might as well add the year we grabbed a pats player just before the season opener and we won..guess thats cheating too...how can you connect a disgruntled ex-employee calling and giving info and a team sneakily filming other teams to steal actual plays and there signals?

I agree every team bends the rules but cheatriots went farther and according to this report not just on signal filming but with the way they use the IR system...but we fans knew that one allready..you can see the cheatriots do that every year

Are you high? That's not even the worst thing mentioned in that article!

Walsh's comments to commissioner Roger Goodell earlier this week that New England had players on injured reserve participate in practice wasn't news to me. I had heard the Patriots did this before I signed with them in 2005 and I saw it firsthand during my time there. I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, "Every team in the league does that." I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

Players get cut and sign with new teams weeks later. Coaches get fired and are hired to other NFL coaching staffs weeks later. This is normal. Thats how it is and how its always been. There is nothing wrong with that.

Going to extream measures to video tape, and steal, opposing coaches signals so a team can gain an advantage by knowing the exact play called on any down, is cheating. Its an embarassment to the coaches, players, fans, organizations, and to the NFL as a whole. And since that same team just happened to have their best seasons ever while this took place, everything they have done, whether it was influenced by the cheating or not, is darkened by it. The SB wins, the future Hall of Fame QB, the Future Hall of Fame Head Coach.... all of it.

Your an idiot!!

I think you mean "You're an idiot!!"

Sometimes I've been known to make that mistake to. Remember, say the words out loud in your head, but separate the contraction...you are an idiot...that makes scents, so you change it to 'you're an idiot'. Your without the ' & e places ownership of the thing being spoken about. You really can't show ownership of idiocy.

I think you mean "You're an idiot!!"

Sometimes I've been known to make that mistake to. Remember, say the words out loud in your head, but separate the contraction...you are an idiot...that makes scents, so you change it to 'you're an idiot'. Your without the ' & e places ownership of the thing being spoken about. You really can't show ownership of idiocy.

:blink:

Geno has a point. I don't know what it is, but he has a point......

I guess McNally could have turned down the call -- but it was clearly an old friend who just got fired. Mouse probably was offering moral support and telling him to enjoy getting paid for doing nothing the rest of the year. Defensive formations probably just came up in the conversation.

Its tough for a Pats fan to understand this since Belichick's only friends are:

1) Folks who graduated from his cheating academy and even they hate him mostly like Man-Genius in New York

2) Dick Jauron and Tom Coughlin - two guys who aren't exactly on the list of "top 10 exciting coaches I would love to be friends with" list.

Nothing against our beloved Coach Jauron - but I get the sense that fun is probably a round of golf with no alcohol and then going home and re-reading War and Peace for the 45th time.

The SB wins, the future Hall of Fame QB, the Future Hall of Fame Head Coach.... all of it.

I think the cheating will keep both of them out of the HOF.

There will always be a question mark and/or asterisk next to their accomplishments.