Hucker wants to be McCain's running mate

This would gaurantee a no-vote from me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080519...mNVKmVzVDoEtbAF

Huckabee was the scariest guy in the primaries. I hope McCain looks elsewhere, even though he would draw in areas where McCain is weak.

It would make sense from McCain's point of view, solidifying support from the religious right.

But I might have to emigrate. :ph34r:

It would make sense from McCain's point of view, solidifying support from the religious right.

But I might have to emigrate. :sick:

I'm not sure if Huck was the worst candidate from either party, but I think he's the one that most irritates me.

He has a nice record of incompetence but any criticism of him is "because he's Christian." :ph34r:

What is with people and folksy southern dumbasses?

I'm not sure if Huck was the worst candidate from either party, but I think he's the one that most irritates me.

He has a nice record of incompetence but any criticism of him is "because he's Christian." :ph34r:

What is with people and folksy southern dumbasses?

Agreed.

JMac needs someone who can shore up his weak areas. With the way things are going, even if it's perception and numbers on paper show something else to try to keep people from looking longingly at tall buildings, his weakest policy area --- the economy, as he freely admits --- will be the No. 1 issue of '08. Screw Iraq, screw stem cells... when things aren't going well with the economy, the rest is on the back burner (and, if we don't have a good economy, how do we fund all this spending besides more deficits?). The arching theme is that in such times, more people vote for the nurturing/mother Dems vs. the security/father Repubs.

The Huckster might be the one who can garner JMac some votes in the Bible Belt. But in terms of offering help to the campaign in real issues/contribute to the tenor of the campaign, he comes up really short of what is needed right now. Palliative Southern drawl doesn't put food on the table.

There's a short list circling among the talking heads of Pawlenty, Crist, Carly Fiorina a former CEO of HP (have to say, that would be interesting). And that Mitt Romney, whose strong suit is the economy and who many 'conservative' voters have said would be a good VP choice b/c he needs to prove his mettle to them first, likely burned the bridge during the primary.

In contrast, if Obama is smart, he picks Bill Richardson. That would give instant polish to the campaign from someone who is very experienced in foreign policy, an area where Obama has been painted as inexperienced by the Clinton handbook. I think Richardson was viewed as being too... how do you say... bumble-y personality-wise for a President, but he is generally well-respected. It would also help Obama attract the Latino vote and put some of the southwest states in play.

McCain needs to overcome the unfair rap that he's a Bush clone. He is much more intelligent than George.

That's not much of an accomplishment. He's not a clone, but on the major policy issues of Iraq, Iran, taxes, healthcare, and judicial appointments he follows the Bush handbook. A new coach using the same playbook means more losing seasons.

That's not much of an accomplishment. He's not a clone, but on the major policy issues of Iraq, Iran, taxes, healthcare, and judicial appointments he follows the Bush handbook. A new coach using the same playbook means more losing seasons.

Because Democrats are so different. :ph34r::sick:

This would gaurantee a no-vote from me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080519...mNVKmVzVDoEtbAF

Huckabee was the scariest guy in the primaries. I hope McCain looks elsewhere, even though he would draw in areas where McCain is weak.

How is the Indian senator from Louisiana? I heard that he is conservative, and actually doesn't hate working Americans.

I thought the major issues were gas prices and gay marriage... :ph34r:

Immigration eh

And preserving the "ANWAR".

And hell, how could we forget global warming? Have have a president who can simultaneously lower the price of gasoline to under $2/gallon while ensuring we reduce consumption... :blink:

Nice try.

Immigration's impact on most of society is minuscule compared to a multitude of other issues. It also is a very emotional issue for a lot of people, driving out votes in many instances. It fits the definition.

Immigration's impact on most of society is minuscule compared to a multitude of other issues. It also is a very emotional issue for a lot of people, driving out votes in many instances. It fits the definition.

Illegal immigration costs a few bucks. Have you seen any numbers on what it costs our society?

Google?