Offical spam John Clayton until he aplogizes thread

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=2403502

calls him "misguided" "disturbing"

"Wilson has come off like a Bills fan who hasn't gotten over the Norwood kick. Ralph, it's time to get over it and move on and work within the system, not against it."

With the NFL expected the void the deal in a couple of days, it's time for your apology Clayton.

Does anyone know his Email; so we can bombard him?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wilson has come off like a Bills fan who hasn't gotten over the Norwood kick. Ralph, it's time to get over it and move on and work within the system, not against it."

With the NFL expected the void the deal in a couple of days, it's time for your apology Clayton.

With what?

Clayton's one of the least obnoxious talking heads IMO. He is dead wrong here and I think being right is it's own reward. I wouldn't be surprised when the NFL votes to void the deal in November a lot of the talking heads will be lauding him for his foresight. IIRC, I heard Mike Greenburg on Mike and Mike say that Wilson was ahead of the curve on this and that he thought Wilson was nuts back then but he was wrong. This was a couple of months ago when the agreement was being talked about in the media more.

Call me crazy, but I actually thought Clayton brought up some good points. You can find them hidden in between his ad hominem attacks.

I think you are right on target rather than crazy.

Some of Clayton's remarks are over the top stupid (his senseless repeated droning that Ralph is motivated by disappointment over the Norwood kick). However, some of the points he makes are right on target and anyone who ignores them ignores realty (for example expecting other teams to subsidize the Bills for an amount which does not maximize Bills profits by selling the naming rights. I like the fact that the stadium is not a corporate billboard but Ralph's whining about how unfair the CBA is to the Bills is reduced to whining by the Bills not maximizing profits by selling naming rights).

Just because Clayton is wrong does not mean Ralph is right.

I especially like how he blasts Wilson for not getting cash to name the stadium "Toronto Dominion Waterhouse Stadium", or "AAMCO Stadium" or "Toronto Dominion Ameritrade Stadium" or something and then in the very next paragraph he lauds Green Bay for being among the higher revenue teams. Of course they sold the naming rights to their stadium to the Curly Lambeau who made his fortune by discovering the wizzit and fractus and later marketing the leap. I'm sure The Packers got a lot of money from Curly Lambeau and that's what made them such high rollers.

Clayton - you're an ass.

what did Clayton say that bothers everyone? Ralph is not a hero and his senility could cause this team to leave. Why will Ralph not put a contingency plan in place for this team to stay in Buffalo. He is greedy! Why is the stadium named after him and not a company willing to pay for it? He has a huge ego. Buffalo Bills fans are ultra sensitive. Clayton has been a fair journalist at ESPN, unlike Chris Mortenson (who is a Tom Donahoe appoligist.)

Give John a break, he has been picked on all his life!

I especially like how he blasts Wilson for not getting cash to name the stadium "Toronto Dominion Waterhouse Stadium", or "AAMCO Stadium" or "Toronto Dominion Ameritrade Stadium" or something and then in the very next paragraph he lauds Green Bay for being among the higher revenue teams. Of course they sold the naming rights to their stadium to the Curly Lambeau who made his fortune by discovering the wizzit and fractus and later marketing the leap. I'm sure The Packers got a lot of money from Curly Lambeau and that's what made them such high rollers.

Clayton - you're an ass.

Sorry, but I cannot go along w/ the angry mob on this one.

For all the talk of Buffalo having such a loyal fanbase, someone needs to explain to me how this very small market team (Green Bay) can continue to be successful and the Bills continue to struggle. Is the Green Bay community that much RICHer than the Buffalo area?

I do believe that if the Packers needed to sell the naming rights to Lambeau (haha!!), they would do so.

what did Clayton say that bothers everyone? Ralph is not a hero and his senility could cause this team to leave. Why will Ralph not put a contingency plan in place for this team to stay in Buffalo. He is greedy! Why is the stadium named after him and not a company willing to pay for it? He has a huge ego. Buffalo Bills fans are ultra sensitive. Clayton has been a fair journalist at ESPN, unlike Chris Mortenson (who is a Tom Donahoe appoligist.)

Give John a break, he has been picked on all his life!

Ralph is NOT senile. I can't stand it when people pick on others because they are old. I'm sure you will upgrade to a double-wide when you retire. You wish you had 1/2 of his brains at his age. How much money do you think one of the many Fortune 500 companies in Buffalo will pay for naming rights? Also, Erie County decided to name the stadium after Wilson.