Buffalo 66

Vetriano

Very amusing at times-- very dark. Christina Ricci is in it and is very good. The director and actor-- forgot the name does a great performance. Like the Scott Wood-- ie Norwood tie in. Anyone else see it? What did you think. Overall I'd give it 3 stars, not a feelgood movie for the wife and all-- but for a bills fan-- great.

Very amusing at times-- very dark. Christina Ricci is in it and is very good. The director and actor-- forgot the name does a great performance. Like the Scott Wood-- ie Norwood tie in. Anyone else see it? What did you think. Overall I'd give it 3 stars, not a feelgood movie for the wife and all-- but for a bills fan-- great.

Vincent Gallo is from Buffalo and his mother is just like the mother played by Angelica Huston. He wanted to get Scott Norwood to play himself but he declined. It's ok. I'll agree with the three star ranking. I think it's really only a three star movie to Bills fans though.

Buffalo 66 is such an unusual film - it gets enough 'stars' on that alone, but it's more than that to me. Yea, it's funny, but in a way that makes you consider the complexity of the characters. Often the laughs are a form of pity. You hate the guy, and he's frustrating and pathetic, but you know he's been in pain most of his life and you want to see him smile. And his choices in the end gave me that. It was touching in the strangest way.

Buffalo 66 is such an unusual film - it gets enough 'stars' on that alone, but it's more than that to me. Yea, it's funny, but in a way that makes you consider the complexity of the characters. Often the laughs are a form of pity. You hate the guy, and he's frustrating and pathetic, but you know he's been in pain most of his life and you want to see him smile. And his choices in the end gave me that. It was touching in the strangest way.

Fantastic summation. :flirt:

When it came out on DVD, someone I worked with saw it (I live in California). They thought it was an average film for a first time director/ writer. I told them that it was better for me because I knew all the locations and that everyone in Buffalo knows someone like his mother ( or someone with some of her obsessions about the Bills).

I have been reluctant to see it because I figured that it would be unfair to the Scott Norwood type character. Is that not true?

At first I thought it was unfair-- but you need to watch it through-- all the way (commit). I dont want to give it away.