Could someone help me out

B Rob

Was there ever another QB between him and Bledsoe or was he always the back-up QB on that team.I remember reading in an article that Belicheat chose him over another QB when Bledsoe went down.I am probably remembering the article wrong but if there was someone on the team between Brady and Bledsoe could someone tell me who it was.

Thanks

In 2000 when Bledsoe got hurt there were 3 QBs on the roster - Bledsoe, the rookie Tom Brady and the veteran John Friesz, a 10 year vet who started 2 season in San Diego and 1 in Washington.

The Pats opted for the kid over the vet and the rest in history (as a Bills fan I can't help but rue that decision - why could't they have gone with Friesz?)

In 2000 when Bledsoe got hurt there were 3 QBs on the roster - Bledsoe, the rookie Tom Brady and the veteran John Friesz, a 10 year vet who started 2 season in San Diego and 1 in Washington.

The Pats opted for the kid over the vet and the rest in history (as a Bills fan I can't help but rue that decision - why could't they have gone with Friesz?)

Didn't Bledsoe get hurt in 2001?

Not being a Patriots fan, I don't remember too well. Wasn't Bledsoe out most of the regular season after he got hit in the Jets' game? Does that mean they went the entire year with only Brady on the roster?

I don't remember how many games he was officially out, but I do remember for the Super Bowl that year, he was the backup QB.

I don't remember how many games he was officially out, but I do remember for the Super Bowl that year, he was the backup QB.

I'm pretty sure he came back for the playoffs only. He played in the AFC playoffs against the Steelers and threw a TD pass.

Pro Football Reference only shows Tom and Drew in 2001. The next year Huard is listed on the roster.

I'm not sure but I think Pro Football Reference only shows players that actually got into games. In the Gamebook VOR referenced, which is the NFL record, Huard was listed as not active for the Cinci game on 9/9/01. So he could have just been injured, and never got into a game. But he isn't listed on their roster for 2001 at all, which leads me to believe that he was on the team but never got in a game.

I'm not sure but I think Pro Football Reference only shows players that actually got into games. In the Gamebook VOR referenced, which is the NFL record, Huard was listed as not active for the Cinci game on 9/9/01. So he could have just been injured, and never got into a game. But he isn't listed on their roster for 2001 at all, which leads me to believe that he was on the team but never got in a game.

Right. And that's why Rudy got his name in the books at Our Lady - because he entered a game - his last game at southbend.

I've looked through this thread, and, well....I hate them all. Refer to the ongoing thread regarding "Which teams to you hate?", or something to that effect. I'm struggling desperately to come to grips with my visceral hatred of the Pats*, but it's going to take some work. And I'll fail.

Pats* suck. And we're going to take one from them this year. Note to Pats* trolls on the board - abuse me if you must. That's fine. But the game changes this year. The horrifying thing in your pygmy minds is that you know it.

Was there ever another QB between him and Bledsoe or was he always the back-up QB on that team.I remember reading in an article that Belicheat chose him over another QB when Bledsoe went down.I am probably remembering the article wrong but if there was someone on the team between Brady and Bledsoe could someone tell me who it was.

Thanks

From memory......and it was probably all BS anyway......but the word at the time was that Bilicheat was sorely tempted to start Brady over Bledsoe at the start of the season(2001). I always figured that Belicheat was too scared to bench his 'star' QB and got lucky with the Bledsoe injury in week 2 which made the tough decision for him.

Huard was gameday backup till week 9 with Bledsoe coming back in as gameday backup from week 10 onwards.

AD was right.....Bledsoe played one more game that season.....the conference final against the Steelers where he came onto the ground just before the end of the 1st half(Brady Injury).