Rooting against Teams

--ie Yankees, Nortre Dame, Cowboys, NE. However I just came across a guy who is not an AFC East fan, went to school at Geneseo and roots against the Bills. Thought this was very strange. Has anyone ever come across an Anti-Bill fan?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--ie Yankees, Nortre Dame, Cowboys, NE. However I just came across a guy who is not an AFC East fan, went to school at Geneseo and roots against the Bills. Thought this was very strange. Has anyone ever come across an Anti-Bill fan?

Everyone at my school likes the jets. It made me very unpopular at the begininng of the year with all my bills gear in my room but after this past season they got quiet

Yeah, seems strange to find someone who is Anti-Bills, and not a fan of another AFCE team.. odd.

As far as teams I always root against: Yankees, Patriots*, Ottawa Senators, Cowboys.. I used to really hate the Lakers, but it's been so long since the Knicks were worth a sh-- to watch, that I've become pretty numb to the goings on of the NBA. :devil:

Oh, and I root for every NASCAR driver to crash.. I really wanna see a 43 car pile-up, where the lead story for Sportscenter that night is, "No winner at the Redneck 500!"

:blink:

Notre Dame is my favorite...but I went to Purdue, and I had friends who had to deal with Notre Dame alumni when they parked their jets at thePurdue airport (they were aviation majors).

IMHO, Notre Dame football fans are equivalent to Kentucky basketball fans with regards to their sense of entitlement. Oh, and Duke is another team I like to see lose in basketball. I like the look on all the Dukies' faces when they get ousted in the 2nd round. Priceless.

Notre Dame is my favorite...but I went to Purdue, and I had friends who had to deal with Notre Dame alumni when they parked their jets at thePurdue airport (they were aviation majors).

IMHO, Notre Dame football fans are equivalent to Kentucky basketball fans with regards to their sense of entitlement. Oh, and Duke is another team I like to see lose in basketball. I like the look on all the Dukies' faces when they get ousted in the 2nd round. Priceless.

Ah yes, I forgot Duke.. love seeing them lose.

I guess you could say my Dad is Anti-Bills. Sort of. He hasn't missed a play since the Kickoff vs. Boston in Sept. 1960. He also hasn't missed bitchin' at them every play since the kickoff vs. Boston in Sept. 1960.. :devil:

For me, I always root against AFC East teams -especially the Fish and the Flyers and Stars in the NHL. Go figure..

IMHO, Notre Dame football fans are equivalent to Kentucky basketball fans with regards to their sense of entitlement.

Easily the biggest misconception about sports fans anywhere. The vast majority of people connected to ND are gracious and pleasant. If you go to an ND game, you see a lot more school spirit than tailgating. You don't see drunken, redneck a-holes like in south; you don't see students chanting four letter words at Navy cadets or harassing fans of the opponent. People want to hate ND because they are on TV every week and have a lot of bandwagon fans, that's fine. But to condemn school pride as 'sense of entitlement' or 'arrogance' is bullsh--.

Fire away.

I root against:

Ohio State

Notre Dame

USC

Yankees

Flyers

Stars

Maple Leafs

AFC East teams (outside of Buffalo)

Lakers

Spurs

Pistons

Cowboys

And I'm sure there are more, but can't think of them off of the top of my head.

I root against the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets because they are in our division and if they lose it helps us.

I also root against the Red Sox because I'm a Yankee fan and I can't stand them. Plus they also play in our division.

Other than that, I don't blindly dislike any particular team. There are certain players that I will never root for:

NFL: Junior Seau & Rodney Harrison - I hated them long before they signed with the Pats

NBA: Kevin Garnett - Dirty player who gets away with everything because he's "intense"

MLB: Barry Bonds - Cheating scumbag

Everyone at my school likes the jets. It made me very unpopular at the begininng of the year with all my bills gear in my room but after this past season they got quiet

I was at SUNY Oswego last year and it was the same way, A TON of Jets fans from Long Island, most with little football knowledge too....In fact I had one of my buddies who was from LI and a big Jets fan come to the game in Buffalo this year and loved rubbing it in his face.

Outside of the other AFC East teams, I root against:

Yankees

Maple Leafs

Habs

Flyers

Spurs

Pistons

Cowboys

Bears

Duke

Ohio St.

A-Rod

Giambi

Posada

Bonds

T.O.

Romo

Duncan

...To name a few :devil:

The only team I root against is the USC Trojans. Too many bandwagon fans. When the Trojans are doing well they are obnoxious,but when they are not doing so well they desert their their team. 49er fans used to be the same way,but their lack of success on the field has kept most of them dormant for now.