PROOF THE $&%@# PATS* CHEAT!!!

Its not that they are innocent; it is that these tapes show nothing we didn't already know. There is no new evidence or smoking gun here.

It's not exactly "no new evidence." Goodell admitted months ago that the Patriots have been illegally videotaping since 2000, but didn't give specifics. Furthermore, that admission was largely (conveniently?) ignored by many. Now everyone knows the specifics.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that they are innocent; it is that these tapes show nothing we didn't already know. There is no new evidence or smoking gun here.

Technically you're right. But for most people, they only realized the Jets game was taped. From a "perception" POV, many people see this as new evidence...and additional information to hate the Patriots.

In the MLB Pete Rose is banned for life for betting on his own team. Not because he did things to throw games, but because by betting it MAY HAVE HAD AN EFFECT!

In the NFL a team is caught taping offensive and defensive signals including in playoff games. Everyone says there's no advantage to knowing signals, yet the Pats did it for 7 years. And what happens? A fine and a lost draft pick.

Someone explain to me how this is not a huge black eye on the NFL?

PTR

Technically you're right. But for most people, they only realized the Jets game was taped. From a "perception" POV, many people see this as new evidence...and additional information to hate the Patriots.

Exactly. The only evidence up until now was the Jets tape and some very vague statement from Goodell about the Patriots taping other games. The Bills did a good enough job sucking on their own the past 8 years, so for me it was a bit of a jump to think the Patriots contributed to that sucking by cheating. Now that there is hard evidence of them taping the Bills, this directly affects me as a Bills fan and changes my perspective a bit because there is now no doubt about the depths of their cheating.

Man, if this happened in a European league, the team would surely be stripped of their titles in question. That, however, will never happen here.

QUOTE (Joe @ May 8 2008, 11:48 AM)

It's not exactly "no new evidence." Goodell admitted months ago that the Patriots have been illegally videotaping since 2000, but didn't give specifics. Furthermore, that admission was largely (conveniently?) ignored by many. Now everyone knows the specifics.

As I read it .. There is nothing new that the league had not already known about.

Nothing new to warrent additional fines.

that doesn't mean that the Putz fans shouldn't :lol:

Didn't we already know that they taped defensive signals??

Without a tape of the walkthrough, nothing else is going to happen. Goodell already punished them for taping defensive signals.

Wrong, for a game relating to the New York Jets they were punished. They also were suppose to give up everything they had in relation to spygate,and obiviosly did not. Does it make more sense now that Brady did not break the bank when it came time for a new contract?

In the MLB Pete Rose is banned for life for betting on his own team. Not because he did things to throw games, but because by betting it MAY HAVE HAD AN EFFECT!

In the NFL a team is caught taping offensive and defensive signals including in playoff games. Everyone says there's no advantage to knowing signals, yet the Pats did it for 7 years. And what happens? A fine and a lost draft pick.

Someone explain to me how this is not a huge black eye on the NFL?

PTR

Yeah there was no advantage, they just did it for 7 YEARS for the HELL of it.

Do the patriots have good players? YES

Do the Patriots have good coaches? If you exclude Belichick then the answer is YES because coaches from that organization have moved on with success other places.

The above two questions is what the fanbase for the Patriots and the Media people who love the patriots use to justify their their Superbowl wins in light of the taping scandal.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how good their coaches maybe or their players they gained an unfair advantage in football games from taping the signals. They broke the rule. Belichick's explanation on why he did it as a misinterruptation of the rule is laughable. Belicheck is toted as a genius in football. If he is a genius then he is the dumbest smartguy in the NFL. He is trying to use a 'loophole' or the grey area of the rule to justify his actions. He could have been a lawyer. The bottom line is that if Belichick was a standup guy he would have called the NFL office asking for clarification. If Belichick needed clarification then i am willing to bet the NFL would have clarified the rule and sent a memo about it. None of this took place because Belichick was looking for an advantage for his football team and turned a blind eye to his integrety.

I doubt the patriots will get fined anymore then what they have. IT's a black mark on the NFL and the patriots. In ten years i am sure some Patriots fan will see my Bills Hat and sweatshirt and comment on the 4 superbowls. My response will be quick in pointing out the video taping. As a Bills fan i willl know that my team came in 2nd 4 straight years in a row. As a Patriots fan they will never know if their their Superbowl wins would have occurred without the Video Taping. It's impossible to know. Some fans will yell and scream YES THEY WOULD HAVE. But i crack a smile each time i hear it because i am sure there is some doubt in the their minds when they puff out their chests with Patriots pride.

PTR

Thank you for lobbing me a softball... :lol:

There is a strip of roadway that goes by the Cincy ballparks that is named "Pete Rose Way".

A number of us locals refer to it...as the "Cooperstown Bypass". :lol:

BTW - I heard through the grapevine here that Mr. Personality got blown in during Grand Jury proceedings by bookies who he told to shut up because he was a big shot and they would have to wait for their dough until he was da*n well ready to settle up.

I met him once, in one of his loyalist gin mills, in Addyston, OH on Rt 50 along the Ohio River west of Cincy. You could slam a 2x4 through his skull and he still wouldn't get it...

Thank you for lobbing me a softball... :lol:

There is a strip of roadway that goes by the Cincy ballparks that is named "Pete Rose Way".

A number of us locals refer to it...as the "Cooperstown Bypass". :lol:

:lol:

Cincy, you are on a roll! Everything is gold right now!

Do the patriots have good players? YES

Do the Patriots have good coaches? If you exclude Belichick then the answer is YES because coaches from that organization have moved on with success other places.

The above two questions is what the fanbase for the Patriots and the Media people who love the patriots use to justify their their Superbowl wins in light of the taping scandal.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how good their coaches maybe or their players they gained an unfair advantage in football games from taping the signals. They broke the rule. Belichick's explanation on why he did it as a misinterruptation of the rule is laughable. Belicheck is toted as a genius in football. If he is a genius then he is the dumbest smartguy in the NFL. He is trying to use a 'loophole' or the grey area of the rule to justify his actions. He could have been a lawyer. The bottom line is that if Belichick was a standup guy he would have called the NFL office asking for clarification. If Belichick needed clarification then i am willing to bet the NFL would have clarified the rule and sent a memo about it. None of this took place because Belichick was looking for an advantage for his football team and turned a blind eye to his integrety.

I doubt the patriots will get fined anymore then what they have. IT's a black mark on the NFL and the patriots. In ten years i am sure some Patriots fan will see my Bills Hat and sweatshirt and comment on the 4 superbowls. My response will be quick in pointing out the video taping. As a Bills fan i willl know that my team came in 2nd 4 straight years in a row. As a Patriots fan they will never know if their their Superbowl wins would have occurred without the Video Taping. It's impossible to know. Some fans will yell and scream YES THEY WOULD HAVE. But i crack a smile each time i hear it because i am sure there is some doubt in the their minds when they puff out their chests with Patriots pride.

nice post - this past year was the one that they were trying to show the world that they didn't need to cheat to win a title (never mind that their team this year was far better offensively than any of their others) - oops. Funny they probably would have won the SB if they had known where the blitzes were coming from in advance.

nice post - this past year was the one that they were trying to show the world that they didn't need to cheat to win a title (never mind that their team this year was far better offensively than any of their others) - oops. Funny they probably would have won the SB if they had known where the blitzes were coming from in advance.

Cincy, you are on a roll! Everything is gold right now!

I hope you get to meet Rose someday. It's a memorable experience that will make you think about the uncanny persistence and durability of the common cockroach.

Not to malign cockroaches, at least in literature. I know you are of the bent (towards literature, not cockroaches :lol: ), so find some of the works of the '20's social commentator, Don Marquis, and his pals Archy the cockroach, Mehitabel the cat, and Warty Bliggins the toad. You are in for a great treat.

Marquis' commentary, writing is wry, hilarious, biting, and true...and still applies.

well their dynasty is a joke..

bottom line is the Bills have played some close games against the Pats only to see them walk away with it in the later parts of games...

Now we know why, by the 3rd and 4th quarter they were able to make out our signals and adjust.

We all watched games where it seemed like they new what we were going to do before we did it, and obviously they did.

oif the Bills win a couple of those games our team could've made th eplayoffs once or twice possibly, and the Pats could of lost home field advantage in there...

I thaught the loss of a 1st rounder was for the pats cheating in the jets game last season.

Then they confessed to cheating since 2000. but they then said that the loss of a 1st rounder was for doing that also.

So the pats cheat for 8 years strait and win several SBs and lose 1 1st rounder, (when they had a second 1st rounder.... a !@#$in 7th overall) that same year).

but if another team tries to do the same in the future, they will be penalize in a similar fassion for their first offense? That makes no sence to me.