MOVE OVER SMARTY JONES

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that. Looks like a convenient excuse in the event he cant win at belmont.

He's had hoof trouble his whole life. He's been wearing specially designed horseshoes for races since he began, so this isn't really anything new, or any kind of "safety net" for if he loses.

These are the type of scenarios that the opponents of the sport get angry, because Big Brown is going to sire hundreds of offspring (because of his talent and pedigree) but with that comes some of the same foot problems that will be passed onto his foals. He is without a doubt the best 3YO horse in the world, so it's a stretch to say he's "unsound", but breeding unsound horses has played a role in a lot of degenerative injuries and breakdowns. Short term payoffs have (at times) taken precedent over the long term health of the sport and the animals....

Not that getting caught up in short-term profiteering is exclusive to horse racing...It happens constantly in every other business in the world...

• 2 weeks later...
I guess Big Brown needed his steroid injection after all, Mr Dutrow. :thumbsup:

And Mr Dutrow needs a towel to wipe all that egg off his face while he hides from the post race interviews.

The lesson as always: don't prod the bear.

Dead Last :lol:

That's almost as enjoyable as the look on Randy Moss and Tom Brady's face at the end of the Super Bowl :thumbsup:

You're such a hater, dev. :lol:

Desormeaux commented after the race, “Something’s wrong, so I took care of him”.

:lol:

I really want to see a horse pull this off. Smarty Jones or Funny Cide would have been better for me (went to school in Philly, from NY), but Big Brown looked like a champion in the FL Derby, the KY Derby and the Preakness. I want to believe the jock that the horse was hurtin', but I'm cynical by nature and I see Michael Johnson pulling up lame against Donovan Bailey.

(Sigh)