$2.99 gas for 3 years

My wife has been driving a Chrysler Pacifica for the past two years, and quite honestly, it kicks ass.

'06 Pacifica here! Not one cent dropped into it (they even gave me free oil changes)... Now watch, after saying this, I will get home tommorrow to find the wife has dropped the transmission in the driveway!

I have never had issues with cars, especially American cars and I normally get 200-300k on each before I become sick of the thing... My Jap/Asian cars would rattle apart with those many miles on it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive an 05 Jeep Wrangler and absolutely love it. I have had absolutely no problems.

I have an '06 Wrangler and love it... I do my own oil changes on it and have noticed a slight leak on the bell housing (probably a pan gasket or (shudder) a rear main)... The thing is, the oil doesn't make it to the ground and never leaves a spot... It has got about 23k on it and is under warranty for a long time... I feel if I take in now they will think I am just being picky and that the oil is just residual spillage (which I never do!)... I go through my rides with a fine tooth comb and can find anything... Probably everybody has a problem that they don't notice.

I bet the Jeep dealer wouldn't even catch it or notice it... And with the way the classic Jeeps are set up, probably better if I just fix it myself! This is one time I wish It wasn't under warranty! :blink: Besides labor, how much does a seal really cost?

Right now, I am going to watch the Jeep and take in if it gets worse or actually loses oil over the course of 3k miles or begins to drip on the ground.

One time before my old 1998 Isuzu stepped out of warranty I noticed a slight valve cover leak and took it in... The service guy asked me: "How did you notice that?" I said: "I am not a slob when I pour the oil in." They fixed it free.

My philosophy: Be in tune with your ride and no car made today will give you a problem

My wife drives one of those too, it's been a wonderful vehicle. Fewer problems than my Altima, honestly.

Hey... LA's, your's and my wife all are in good company... You get what you pay for... The Pacifica is a nice and well thought out platform.

The unfortunate thing is that is a the CS platform is exclusively for the Pacifica, they are changing and getting rid of the Pacifica line in favor of the Journey which has a cross platform with other models.

CS

The CS is a variant of the RS platform made specifically for the Chrysler Pacifica crossover SUV.

Models:

2004–present Chrysler Pacifica

Probably why the cost is higher on the Pacifica.

I am gonna hang on it forever because I think they hit gold when they designed it!

I'm thinking of getting an electric car for my wife. Put in a solar system on my house that can run my entire house with using no elec. in fact spin the meter backwards and sell the excess electricity back to the elec. company. Now I can charge my wife's car for free from the solar system. That should save me about $1000 a month. The system pays itself back in 12 to 15 months.

Any recommendations on elec. cars ?

I'm thinking of getting an electric car for my wife. Put in a solar system on my house that can run my entire house with using no elec. in fact spin the meter backwards and sell the excess electricity back to the elec. company. Now I can charge my wife's car for free from the solar system. That should save me about $1000 a month. The system pays itself back in 12 to 15 months.

1k a month in fuel? :blink::lol: Man, even with my gas guzzling Jeep and Pacifica (AWD) at about 15 mpg... I still only fill up them ONCE every two weeks or more!

1k a month in fuel? :blink::lol: Man, even with my gas guzzling Jeep and Pacifica (AWD) at about 15 mpg... I still only fill up them ONCE every two weeks or more!

Ya, I pay $4.00 a gallon, my wife spends about $500 a month on gas and around $300 to $500 a month on the elec. bill.

So the savings per month would average $800 to $1000 a month.

Ya, I pay $4.00 a gallon, my wife spends about $500 a month on gas and around $300 to $500 a month on the elec. bill.

So the savings per month would average $800 to $1000 a month.

Wow! 4 bucks here too... The Jeep takes nothing but regular (the manual advises NOT to use above 87!) and my Pacifica calls for plus or higher (can take regular in a pinch, but the high performance engine will knock)... And that is over 4 bucks!

You must drive a lot?

Wow! 4 bucks here too... The Jeep takes nothing but regular (the manual advises NOT to use above 87!) and my Pacifica calls for plus or higher (can take regular in a pinch, but the high performance engine will knock)... And that is over 4 bucks!

You must drive a lot?

I do drive alot. I average about 1500 to 2000 miles a month. My wife not as much driving but her SUV gets bad gas mileage. Knock on wood, it's a 2000 Expedition and runs good so far, but with gas so high and the vehicle is getting older, it's time to start thinking of a replacement.

Aren't most Hondas made in Ohio? How's that not buying American?

It's' like rednecks down south not wanting to buy a Jap Nissan Truck. Nissan trucks are made outside of Jackson, MS. Look past the name and see who's acutally building your car/truck.

Some are made in Ohio, some are assembled in Ontario (NAFTA). Oddly, I am pretty sure the percentage of North American parts on my new Fit is higher than the "American" equivalent.

Some are made in Ohio, some are assembled in Ontario (NAFTA). Oddly, I am pretty sure the percentage of North American parts on my new Fit is higher than the "American" equivalent.

Correct. The ones from Ohio are made in Marysville, a town north of Columbus.

BTW, I'm looking at a Dodge Avenger. I drove one in Florida and I really liked it. I just don't know if I can swing one by June 2 to get the gas deal.

I had a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan that was fine, never had transmission problems, and anything else was covered by my bumper to bumper extended warranty. Traded it in last year for a used Chrysler certified 2006 Town and Country, and have yet to have to take it in for any work after 30k miles.

Correct. The ones from Ohio are made in Marysville, a town north of Columbus.

I thought in Marysville only the Accord was made there.

BTW, some Honda MC's were made in Marysville too. That has been recently moved back to Japan

what part of fantasyland do I go to to get all of this stuff? 15k for a whole setup like that?

I think you are dreaming. It takes a long time to pay off a solar system.And on top of that to think its gonna produce enough energy to run an electric car....aint gonna happen.

what part of fantasyland do I go to to get all of this stuff? 15k for a whole setup like that?

You guys kill me. If your not educated about something why doubt it ? The state of California and Federal rebates total about 10 to 15K reducing the cost of the solar system from 25 to 30K down to around 15 K. I didn't include the cost of the elec. car because I'm still pricing them out. Sheesh. What a bunch of f-ing hicks around here.