What former Bill would you like to have on our roster?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question!

I'm talking from a talent perspective, comparing the players to who we have on the team now (ignoring salary/value). I'd like to have any of the following back:

[

Mike Shneck for long-snapping duties (unless there was an unreported personality/behavior issue that got him cut)

I actually didn't even think about Schnek, but you're right. Schnek was a costly loss. Especially against Cleveland.

Pat Williams and perhaps Antoine Winfield (I am not sure if he is playing well anymore, however). Winfield was such an amazing tackler. I keep on thinking about how often runners got past the defensive backfield this year and how good he was at taking on running backs and receivers.

Former Bill not in the NFL...I'll go with Cookie Gilchrist for this year. He's a devastating short yardage fullback and one of the best blocking fullbacks (maybe Nick Pietrosante of Detroit was a better blocker, but he couldn't run like Cookie.) Whoa...with him and Lynch in the backfield...watch out!

Ethan Albright for snapper. He never blew a snap.

One of my favorite quotes on Madden:

http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/ethan-albri...ight-207393.php

You know what, John? Two can play this game. I rate you a !@#$ing 12. I rate you a !@#$ing 12 in Ethan Albright Football 2000-ever... except for in the category of ball-licking. That is where I will spot you a 98 rating. You will receive this score because I will never give your blubbery ass a 99 in any category. Take that, pencil-dick. Go do Al Michaels or something. Boom. Score one for Red Beard.

Even Though I like Lindell, Shayne Graham would be a good one to have.

Excellent choice...I still don't completely trust Lindell, but maybe that is because the last two coaching staffs don't/didn't seem to either...

A healthy Sammy Morris would be nice.

When healthy, Sammy has been a solid player where ever he has been with, yet sadly, staying healthy isn't something he's ever been able to manage to do.

Phat Pat is still the obvious choice. He never should have gotten away, and wouldn't have if it weren't for that "genius" Donohoe.

Good question. There's a couple of guys I miss. London Fletcher, Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, and Nate Clements. But at the end of the day its gotta be Pat, they never should of let him him go. Our Run-D went from best to worst when he left. He was an underappreciated anchor.

When healthy, Sammy has been a solid player where ever he has been with, yet sadly, staying healthy isn't something he's ever been able to manage to do.

Phat Pat is still the obvious choice. He never should have gotten away, and wouldn't have if it weren't for that "genius" Donohoe.

Yep...right you are.

A small vote for Sam Adams. When he came to CIN, as usual for him he wasn't in game shape until after the 1st third of the season. But when he played, he still had that cat-quick move off the snap and drew double teams.

I always remember how a poster here described him - "A pass-rushing linebacker who happens to be built like a rhino".