Surprise

For rookies I honestly believe that Viti is going to start and be great as a lead blocker. I like Steve Johnson as well

but he's not going to get as much PT this year barring calamity.

For vets, I agree with Roscoe Parrish because I think that Schoenert is going to do a better job of getting him involved. Jon Wendling has a chance to since the safety situation is up in the air. In order to surprise you have to get on the field.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh reed is a good reciever. Hes a great blocker and can get the tough catches over the middle. Reed was a RB when he first went to LSU? Hes a good player and he will be on the roster this season

Pepsi, I'll make a friendly wager with you: If Josh Reed makes the team, you can pick my avatar that I'll have to keep up for a month. And when Reed is cut, I'll pick your avatar that will have to stay up for a month. You want to take this deal?

No way Josh Reed gets cut from this team. He had a solid year last year and he has three years left on his contract extension. Also, he will be able to play in the slot, the position to which he is much more naturally suited. Reed will play very well, and could be the surprise of the year in terms of veterans.

No way Josh Reed gets cut from this team. He had a solid year last year and he has three years left on his contract extension. Also, he will be able to play in the slot, the position to which he is much more naturally suited. Reed will play very well, and could be the surprise of the year in terms of veterans.

I hear ya. It's obvious which fans really (don't) understand the game when you hear them say a guy like Josh Reed will be cut.

I hear ya. It's obvious which fans really (don't) understand the game when you hear them say a guy like Josh Reed will be cut.

I've been saying and a lot have agreed that Reed has been our most clutch WR the past couple of years. I'm not sure why some don't see that.

Josh Reed will not get cut. Yet another Bills player that catches sh-- from this board. Josh has good hands, runs great routes, is our best blocking WR, and is clutch. Lets stop running players out of town

I think Robert Felton, an undrafted free agent pick-up from University of Arkansas, will make the opening day roster and eventually get some playing time at guard. Arkansas had an excellent rushing attack last year and he gets some of the credit for that. For what it is worth, many of the pre-draft publications had him going in the fourth or fifth round.

Biggest Surprise? I think Steve Johnson is going to make some noise in Camp and will be brought in a lot more often than a number 5 receiver should. I don't see him upending Reed or Roscoe, but I think he gives the Bills an opportunity to spread the field.

I also think both Roscoe and Reed have better years by having Hardy out there. Hardy is a big man and if you start throwing him the ball the defense will focus on him more.

Viti, I feel is getting pumped way too much by the hype machine. The kid was an UDFA, (not saying UDFA = automatically cut) but, I think he will more likely end up on the practice squad his first year. But, honestly I hope I'm wrong on this one and will gladly eat my crow if he does make it. Given that he wasn't drafted and not at all highly regarded and all I have seen of him is an article which applauds his demeanor, moreso than his talent. Prove me wrong Viti. I want to see you succeed.

I've been saying and a lot have agreed that Reed has been our most clutch WR the past couple of years. I'm not sure why some don't see that.

... anyone wonder why this team has barely been below average during that span? :lol:

Surprise Defense Positive…

Reggie Corner will be starting @ nickel. Greer allocated to 4th.

Surprise Defense Negative…

Our run D will only be slightly improved from last year. No particular reason just a gut feeling. I really hope I’m wrong here!

Surprise Offense Positive…

Steve Johnson will be the 4th WR behind Evans, Hardy, and Reed.

Surprise Offense Negative…

I haven’t seen anything from Parish that tells me he is more than a ST’s player. I think he falls farther down the depth chart on offense.

... anyone wonder why this team has barely been below average during that span? :lol:

Yeah, but I know it wasn't because of Josh Reed's play. He had solid numbers for a number three receiver last year, and he has played out of his natural position for almost his entire time in Buffalo. Just to point out, perhaps everyone here forgot how many clutch plays he had for his team last season, including that monster catch over the middle that set up a winning field goal. Sorry, but Josh Reed has nothing to do with why this team has been below average over the past couple years at WR.

Yeah, but I know it wasn't because of Josh Reed's play. He had solid numbers for a number three receiver last year, and he has played out of his natural position for almost his entire time in Buffalo. Just to point out, perhaps everyone here forgot how many clutch plays he had for his team last season, including that monster catch over the middle that set up a winning field goal. Sorry, but Josh Reed has nothing to do with why this team has been below average over the past couple years at WR.

I couldn't agree more.

Sorry, but Josh Reed has nothing to do with why this team has been below average over the past couple years at WR.

Sorry, but that's not what I said.

What I did say, however, was that the fact that Josh Reed being the most dependable receiver on the team is an indictment on the team's overall talent level at the position (or lack thereof).

Yes, Reed has been a pretty solid complimentary receiver. But when he's your most dependable playmaker in the WR corps -- over a fairly long time horizon -- you have a problem.

Ok, so I don't understand the game. But I do understand that most teams don't pay 2.5 million a year for a backup receiver. I think if Hardy is as good as we hope, Reed is gone. This is because, our other Smurf receiver Roscoe is a dangerous slot receiver and again you don't pay $2.5 million for someone to be a 4th receiver.

... anyone wonder why this team has barely been below average during that span? :D

:lol: Good one.

Ill take that. Your on!

sweet. I'm always up for a good bet

On a similar note I'm gonna mention Rob Royal. I think he's got some receiving skills and if the coaches can create opportunities for a tight end, he might be effective. I think the lack of Tight End production has more to do with the Bills using that player almost exclusively to block.

On a similar note I'm gonna mention Rob Royal. I think he's got some receiving skills and if the coaches can create opportunities for a tight end, he might be effective. I think the lack of Tight End production has more to do with the Bills using that player almost exclusively to block.

He did have 25 catches last year splitting time with Gaines. I think Derek Fine is going to be our recieving TE and Teyo Johnson or courtney anderson being redzone targets becaasue of their height. But i feel Royal can be a decent reciver based on last yer. As long as he isnt catching the ball near an endline hes ok

Not only will Josh Reed not be cut....he will be the leading receiver on this team in terms of catches.

We are going to a pseudo-west coast offense which relies on timing, intelligent route running, and underneath hits. Roscoe....dangerous quickness with his skills, but not upstairs. Hardy....I was thrown off by his selection, but you can't assume a rookie is going to make giant strides in a first year system to boot. I am not counting on him for much...just a big body for specialty situations. Lee Evans....smart, fast, skilled, but hesitant to take control between the hashes. He should be better than last year and should lead in yardage, but this leaves us with Reed.

Trent Edwards went to Reed when he needed to make a play. Edwards trusts Reed to make the correct breaks, and the new system and slot position SCREAMS 70+ catches to me. Reed has football smarts and is going to be our Wes Welker, minus the shiftiness but plus blocking skills.

I have a feeling that the biggest surprise player for us this year will be ... Steven Johnson, our seventh round pick in the draft. I know that sounds crazy, but here's my thinking. The starting three are going to be Evans, Hardy, and Reed in the slot. Parrish may start as the fourth man, but by the middle of the season, I think Johnson will be getting more time and could be a taller faster version of Welker. He has very good speed, decent height at 6'2'' and he has excellent hands.

The other surprise, I think, is the obvious one. James Hardy. I think he will put up very good numbers with the Bills, better than most people actually think. I would guess that Hardy has a 50-850-7 year. This will have a serious impact with the team and allow for Evans to get back the numbers he enjoyed in 2005, something like 75-1200-9. Let's see what you all think.

This is who I think it will be as well, as I have posted in a few other posts already.

Here is what I said...

1 more thing that I think is that WR Steve Johnson, WILL make the team AND be a HUGE surprise!!! He will move into our 3rd WR slot by the end of this season!

I tend to agree with you.....things could be setting up nicely for Parrish this year.

I also agree. Roscoe does not belong on the outside as a # 2. We re-signed him for a reason; I anticipate plenty more designed plays for him whether its a screen, fly, end around etc, he will be touching the ball. Fairchild did not know how to use him. I am guessing 6-8 TD's for Roscoe this year; he is that dangerous - assuming Hardy comes in comfortably in the # 2 role.