Surprise

I have a feeling that the biggest surprise player for us this year will be ... Steven Johnson, our seventh round pick in the draft. I know that sounds crazy, but here's my thinking. The starting three are going to be Evans, Hardy, and Reed in the slot. Parrish may start as the fourth man, but by the middle of the season, I think Johnson will be getting more time and could be a taller faster version of Welker. He has very good speed, decent height at 6'2'' and he has excellent hands.

The other surprise, I think, is the obvious one. James Hardy. I think he will put up very good numbers with the Bills, better than most people actually think. I would guess that Hardy has a 50-850-7 year. This will have a serious impact with the team and allow for Evans to get back the numbers he enjoyed in 2005, something like 75-1200-9. Let's see what you all think.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Derrek Fine. I think he'll turn into a very nice receiving threat for us, and he'll come up with a few clutch plays throughout the season :)

I have a feeling that the biggest surprise player for us this year will be ... Steven Johnson, our seventh round pick in the draft. I know that sounds crazy, but here's my thinking. The starting three are going to be Evans, Hardy, and Reed in the slot. Parrish may start as the fourth man, but by the middle of the season, I think Johnson will be getting more time and could be a taller faster version of Welker. He has very good speed, decent height at 6'2'' and he has excellent hands.

The other surprise, I think, is the obvious one. James Hardy. I think he will put up very good numbers with the Bills, better than most people actually think. I would guess that Hardy has a 50-850-7 year. This will have a serious impact with the team and allow for Evans to get back the numbers he enjoyed in 2005, something like 75-1200-9. Let's see what you all think.

If Hardy is the starter and #2 receiever that puts him ahead of Reed and Jackson (assumes that Parrish is the 3rd WR due to size). If Johnson can outplay Reed and Parrish thaen we hit the jackout at WR.

I hope your right.

I think Fine is the sleeper in this draft.

Bowen, Johnson, and Fine will be contributors anyway, but as a surprise?

Fred Jackson, I don't think he'll do as well, since he will have a target on his back now.

For good? I'm going to go with Kyle Williams. I think he'll have a chip on his shoulder going from first string to rotational, and he'll become a TFL machine.

Bowen, Johnson, and Fine will be contributors anyway, but as a surprise?

Fred Jackson, I don't think he'll do as well, since he will have a target on his back now.

For good? I'm going to go with Kyle Williams. I think he'll have a chip on his shoulder going from first string to rotational, and he'll become a TFL machine.

Johnson is getting lots or praise for running good routs. I think he could overtake our little men at wr.

I also think the surprise player will be TE Derek Fine.

50 catches and almost 1,000 yards is a lot to expect from Hardy, IMO. I'm not going to put a catch number and yards that he should have, because as long as he's giving us touchdowns that is what we need. I expect at least 6 touchdowns from him.

Right, our 7th-round rookie is going to end up being a taller, faster version of the guy who led the NFL in receptions last season.

I think he'll do well just to make the team.

If we're going to pick a rookie that surprises, I'll go with Chris Ellis.

He's really in a good situation as the 4th DE. He has some time to develop into a complete player, but in the meantime can pin his ears back in pass-rushing situations and use his athleticism on special teams. It sounds like V Tech runs a similar defense to the Bills and he has 30 plus starts in that system.

I know that sounds crazy, but here's my thinking. The starting three are going to be Evans, Hardy, and Reed in the slot. Parrish may start as the fourth man, but by the middle of the season, I think Johnson will be getting more time

I beg to differ. I think the biggest surprise player in 2008 is going to be Roscoe Parrish. With Evans and Hardy drawing the attention of the starting corners and safeties Roscoe will line up against nickel/dimebacks and will be able to tack on some YAC with his speed

He's really in a good situation as the 4th DE. He has some time to develop into a complete player, but in the meantime can pin his ears back in pass-rushing situations and use his athleticism on special teams. It sounds like V Tech runs a similar defense to the Bills and he has 30 plus starts in that system.

I believe that the entire Bills Defensive Secondary is going to be the surprise of 2008. Reason being, Stroud clogging up the middle on 1st and 2nd down, thus (hopefully) the Bills are better vs the Run. That being said, I think we will have offenses in 2nd and 3rd & long a lot, so Schoebel will be able to pin his ears back and REALLY rush the passer while we mix in some nice blitzing schemes the way Perry Fewell likes to...all benefiting our Defensive Backfield that is looked at as young, thin, and a weakness...I think it will be a surprising strength.

From a rookie standpoint, I like the position Chris Ellis is in as well, and he looks great in those youtube videos.

The big surprise, at least to most posters, is that the rookie WRs will not dent the WR rotation to any significant amount.

Reed and Parrish will have good years now that Turk will actually have plays designed to go down the seams and slants and into the red zone.

I'll go with Will Allen, and either Teyo Johnson or Courtney Anderson. Allen has some skills IF healthy, and one of these TE's just might surprise (god willing) in Turk's offense.

Are you a Dolphins fan in disguise or something?