Sportsmanship is alive & well in some parts.

Beerball

Anyone else read about this?

I have to admit, it brings a lump to my throat thinking what those two young ladies did.

Very well played!

Ahem.

*assuming role of nervous guy*

"This topic has previously been discussed in another thread:"

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=65841

"Please consider using the site's 'search' option in the future. Thank you."

*un-assuming (? :wallbash: ) role of nervous guy*

:wallbash: (in honor of the suspended LSI)

Ahem.

*assuming role of nervous guy*

"This topic has previously been discussed in another thread:"

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=65841

"Please consider using the site's 'search' option in the future. Thank you."

*un-assuming (? :unsure: ) role of nervous guy*

:wallbash: (in honor of the suspended LSI)

Just what I fuggin need is too nervous nelly's giving me crap around here.

I checked the first page & didn't see anything. I shoulda remembered that you mooks would think that the girls were stuupid for giving a run to the other team <_< , no wonder it's dropped off the first page.

I'm going back to Amish country. Those people understand sportsmanship.

Just what I fuggin need is too nervous nelly's giving me crap around here.

I checked the first page & didn't see anything. I shoulda remembered that you mooks would think that the girls were stuupid for giving a run to the other team <_< , no wonder it's dropped off the first page.

I'm going back to Amish country. Those people understand sportsmanship.

:lol:

Jeebus, that was funny!

by the way, it's "two" not "too" :unsure:

Edit: :wallbash: (in honor of the suspended LSI)

Her career is over? They dont have surgury for those type of things?

She's a senior and it happened with less than two weeks remaining in the season. Since she's playing for D-II Western Oregon it's doubtful she'll be playing anywhere - professionally, at least - after graduation.

I have to admit, it brings a lump to my throat thinking what those two young ladies did.

Very well played!

Awsome. My niece used to play ball in Oregon all through high school so I used to be able to catch some games with my brother. Those girls have fun and really did seem to have a good attitude.

Awsome. My niece used to play ball in Oregon all through high school so I used to be able to catch some games with my brother. Those girls have fun and really did seem to have a good attitude.

I'll say up here, the college softball girls have huge asses (some make David Wells' ass look tiny) and a higher number than average are lesbian. :) Just what every guy wants to see: lesbians with fat asses :blink:

I'll say up here, the college softball girls have huge asses (some make David Wells' ass look tiny) and a higher number than average are lesbian. :) Just what every guy wants to see: lesbians with fat asses :blink:

When I worked at Stanford, we had a grad student in our lab who played softball at Arizona as an undergrad. They were in the NCAA playoffs. She didn't have a big ass, and had a great shape. Caught her adjusting her belly ring one time. She wasn't a lesbian, she was married. They are rare, but there are some good looking, straight softball players.

Very well played!

Just watched a segment on ESPN about this story. Very good sportsmanship! But the best part of it is that the officials were wrong in their ruling. You can indeed have a replacement runner for a injured player who hits a home run. But now that wouldn't have been much of a story would it....

I'll say up here, the college softball girls have huge asses (some make David Wells' ass look tiny) and a higher number than average are lesbian. ;) Just what every guy wants to see: lesbians with fat asses :ph34r:

At the risk of sounding like some sort of old pervert it was the opposite in my niece case. All were pretty damn hot(for high schoolers) and she never mentioned any of them being lesbian. We did have a picture floating around of her senior team year. I wish I knew where it was I would post it up.

Just watched a segment on ESPN about this story. Very good sportsmanship! But the best part of it is that the officials were wrong in their ruling. You can indeed have a replacement runner for a injured player who hits a home run. But now that wouldn't have been much of a story would it....

It does seem clear, according to the NCAA Rulebook:

c. Injured-player substitutions. The following regulations govern substitutions for an injured player:

1. Substitutes for an injured player must be allowed adequate time to warm-up. Play shall be suspended during this time.

2. If an injury to a batter-runner or runner prevents her from proceeding to an awarded base, the ball is dead and substitution may be made.

The substitute must legally touch all awarded or missed bases not previously touched.

So shouldn't a sub have been able to substitute in at first base (the only one she touched) and finish rounding the rest of the bases?

2. If an injury to a batter-runner or runner prevents her from proceeding to an awarded base, the ball is dead and substitution may be made.

The substitute must legally touch all awarded or missed bases not previously touched.

[/i]

So shouldn't a sub have been able to substitute in at first base (the only one she touched) and finish rounding the rest of the bases?

Yes that's exactly what was reported and what you highlighted in my post.

"You can indeed have a replacement runner for a injured player who hits a home run."

Yes that's exactly what was reported and what you highlighted in my post.

"You can indeed have a replacement runner for a injured player who hits a home run."

Sorry, wasn't trying to steal your point or anything, just wanted to find the relevant passage in the NCAA rulebook to see if there was some ambiguity or some other reason to think the umps might have been right.

I was more surprised that the umps didn't know that or didn't take the time to check it out before ruling. I honestly didn't know the rule, but I would expect that if the umps didn't know they'd at least check it out first.

Sorry, wasn't trying to steal your point or anything, just wanted to find the relevant passage in the NCAA rulebook to see if there was some ambiguity or some other reason to think the umps might have been right.

I was more surprised that the umps didn't know that or didn't take the time to check it out before ruling. I honestly didn't know the rule, but I would expect that if the umps didn't know they'd at least check it out first.

Exactly, according to the ESPN piece the coach asked the Ump what is the ruling if she cannot touch all the bases, and the ump responded with "a 2 run single". So, they had no clue on the rule. The really sad part is that if you watch the replay, both umpires are watching the ball and not the runner. They would have no idea that she missed 1st base.

Exactly, according to the ESPN piece the coach asked the Ump what is the ruling if she cannot touch all the bases, and the ump responded with "a 2 run single". So, they had no clue on the rule. The really sad part is that if you watch the replay, both umpires are watching the ball and not the runner. They would have no idea that she missed 1st base.

The "two-run single" was the part that really threw up the red flag in my eyes. But in all my time playing and coaching I never saw a player get so seriously hurt rounding the bases on a home run that the rule interpretation never came up.