who tinkled in Jerry's cornflakes this a.m. J.P.?

I don't mean to be rude, but were you having an LSD flashback when you typed this?

One way or the other, Losman is eventually going to prove one of us a fool. I do think credit should be given to the Losman supporters around here because it's obviously a VERY unpopular opinion to have here at TSW. The insults and ridiculing get old. This unpopular opinion is also one that unless Edwards gets injured again, fails miserably to the point of getting benched, or Losman get's his shot with his next team, there's simply not going to be an end to this discussion. You and all the others can adamantly state that he is and always will be a bad QB, but that's still your opinions. Losman was drafted as a project QB and from where I see things, he's still developing. I do think he's got more fire and toughness than Edwards, I think he has a better arm. I think if he were given an offense that played up to his strengths, he'd be a much better and much more dangerous of a QB than Edwards. I'm not going to apologize for my opinion and I'm not going to change it. I need see his career play out a little longer to either be proven right or wrong on this opinion. Every damn thread about Losman goes round and round and round and nobody ever changes their minds. I think that maybe we're both fools for continuing to get sucked into these stupid debates.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because we like JP Losman the person.

Whats to say you can't have two good QB's anyway? So ones developing slower, we still have allot of time invested, you don't want to just give up on a talented player like JP so easily. I'm real happy he's coming back and I know he will come in and perform well under our new OC when called upon.

Losman has been a good, hard working, team first player from the day we drafted him on, and he's tried to embrace the City of Buffalo the best way he knows how.

I think some of us will always love JP Losman for trying to make Buffalo a better place to live, so yes, maybe for some of us, it is personal.

Wrong.

That's a non-responsive post if ever I saw one.

One way or the other, Losman is eventually going to prove one of us a fool. I do think credit should be given to the Losman supporters around here because it's obviously a VERY unpopular opinion to have here at TSW. The insults and ridiculing get old. This unpopular opinion is also one that unless Edwards gets injured again, fails miserably to the point of getting benched, or Losman get's his shot with his next team, there's simply not going to be an end to this discussion. You and all the others can adamantly state that he is and always will be a bad QB, but that's still your opinions. Losman was drafted as a project QB and from where I see things, he's still developing. I do think he's got more fire and toughness than Edwards, I think he has a better arm. I think if he were given an offense that played up to his strengths, he'd be a much better and much more dangerous of a QB than Edwards. I'm not going to apologize for my opinion and I'm not going to change it. I need see his career play out a little longer to either be proven right or wrong on this opinion. Every damn thread about Losman goes round and round and round and nobody ever changes their minds. I think that maybe we're both fools for continuing to get sucked into these stupid debates.

:) Well said my man

Actually, Brady didn't play in 99 and 00. I'd take these stats from 1999-2002 over any of them. As for that Super Bowl, how many drops did Tim Brown have? How poorly did their substitute center play? Simeon Rice ate up everyone in front of him as well. I'm not saying that Gannon had a great game, just that other players on offense came up way short as well. Team game and all ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GannRi00.htm

I'll agree with you there, there are some instances where a quarterback takes a while to develop. However, I think Gannon may have benefitted from Balco at the time.

Actually, Brady didn't play in 99 and 00. I'd take these stats from 1999-2002 over any of them. As for that Super Bowl, how many drops did Tim Brown have? How poorly did their substitute center play? Simeon Rice ate up everyone in front of him as well. I'm not saying that Gannon had a great game, just that other players on offense came up way short as well. Team game and all ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GannRi00.htm

"Team game and all..." WHY CAN"T THE HATERS REMEMBER THAT IS ALSO THE CASE WITH JP?

You ever heard of cooking the books to make a point? Did you watch or experience the conditions in the Cleveland and NYG games? Did you take into account that for your 'stats,' Lee Evans missed half the Philly game, and that Sam Achin' was subbing?
In JP's games againts N.E. and Jacksonville,Lynch didn't play, we had A-train starting.

I read somewhere I think on monday in the buffalo news where it said the bills did not get one inquiriy for the availability of Losman. I would take that as the rest of the league does not view Losman in a favorable manner. How could they after watching 3 years of game film on the guy?
If they looked at film they would seen a QB that got better every year he was here.His Com. Pct.,Yrds and T.d's went up every year and int. pct went down. also we had more wins every year and that was with a differant offensive coordinator every year but one and that was Mr. Fairchild as his coordinator and we all loved his play calling.Plus we all saw the Superbowl and how a poor offensive line play can effect how a QB plays.We didn't have a good offensive line untill this year.It took a couple games for them to jell but they turn out to be very good.

"Team game and all..." WHY CAN"T THE HATERS REMEMBER THAT IS ALSO THE CASE WITH JP?

I don't hate him... More power to him still being a Bill... I do think he missed his "window of opportunity" in a career that has a very short one to prove yourself... New guys are coming out of college all the time... He had his shot and failed miserably... Maybe Trant will fail too and they will have to look elsewhere.

I don't hate him... More power to him still being a Bill... I do think he missed his "window of opportunity" in a career that has a very short one to prove yourself... New guys are coming out of college all the time... He had his shot and failed miserably... Maybe Trant will fail too and they will have to look elsewhere.

and thats only because we foolishly let go up Bledsoe and started him to soon.

Once again...for the last time: you are hanging everything on JP and refuse to account for any extenuating circumstances. Any at all. There is no debating with that mentality, so I'll leave you to sit quietly with your Jerry Sullivan clippings.

Very rarely are the circumstances ideal for a young qb or any qb for that metter. Players got to play thru it. The good ones will succeed, the bad one will fail. Losman has had his chance. Time to turn the page.

Very rarely are the circumstances ideal for a young qb or any qb for that metter. Players got to play thru it. The good ones will succeed, the bad one will fail. Losman has had his chance. Time to turn the page.

We all know you would like to, but JP will be a Bill in 08, you will just have to deal with it.

jp was sucking too .. but i dont think trent edwards won the job.

to me, it looks like we still don't have a quarterback. if edwards is going to be the QB of the future, imo he needs to prove that he's the man and actually win the job.

Totally agree, Edwards has alot to prove. I think he will but who knows. The comparisons are laughable though. Losman should of been head & shoulders above Edwards last year. He was outplayed by Edwards in Training Camp, was outplayed by Edwards in preseason & take away the 2 horrible weather games against Cleveland & NYG & he was outplayed by Edwards in the regular season. That giants game also, Edwards looked good for the 1st quarter & a half before the monsoon came.

it's funny you should mention about it being easier in the 4th - trent edwards' numbers in the 4th quarter are absolutely abysmal.

4th Quarter 73 30 41.1 402 5.5 70 2 6 17 23.3 6 3 34.2

yes, folks, that's a 41.1 percent completion rate and a 34.2 qb rating.

for ***** and giggles, here's loserman's:

4th Quarter 63 41 65.1 470 7.5 85 1 1 25 39.7 4 3 86.1

it's kind of funny, in regards to people and their vendetta against losman; it wasn't a throw that let lee evans go up and get the ball, it was the defense being tired.

The problem with Losman's 4th quarter number are they are usually in garbage time. If you look at his stats for the Jacksonville game, you would of thought at least he played half way decent until you realize he only threw for something like 60yrds going into the 4th quarter. You could spin stats anyway you want.

Seriously, what are his strengths though. He can not read a defense, the coaches are scared to death of letting him throw over the middle, he is inaccurate on the medium range throws & he locks onto receivers too much. For as good as everybody says about his scrambling ability, he gets sacked an awfull lot. I do not understand the fascination with this guy.

We all know you would like to, but JP will be a Bill in 08, you will just have to deal with it.

Look man, I have had season tickets for 12 years. I pretty much go to every home & usually 1 away game per season. I just want the team to win. If Edwards gets hurt & Losman comes in & plays well & leads the team to victory I will be the first one on here to apologize for my comments. I just do not see it happening though. Im of the opinion if Edwards goes down for any length of time for more then a game or two this team is in deep sh*t.

Thankfully, this argument doesn't apply to coaches.

Totally agree, Edwards has alot to prove. I think he will but who knows. The comparisons are laughable though. Losman should of been head & shoulders above Edwards last year. He was outplayed by Edwards in Training Camp, was outplayed by Edwards in preseason & take away the 2 horrible weather games against Cleveland & NYG & he was outplayed by Edwards in the regular season. That giants game also, Edwards looked good for the 1st quarter & a half before the monsoon came.

huh? There were never reports that Edwards outplayed Losman in training camp, and of course TE played the majority of the preseason games. If you actually count stats in these meaningless games, TE played against 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers and FAs or rookies who never made their respective teams. Losman opened the season as the starter, so if Trent was soooo much better in training camp and preseason, why didn't he start? :lol:

huh? There were never reports that Edwards outplayed Losman in training camp, and of course TE played the majority of the preseason games. If you actually count stats in these meaningless games, TE played against 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers and FAs or rookies who never made their respective teams. Losman opened the season as the starter, so if Trent was soooo much better in training camp and preseason, why didn't he start? :lol:

Some valid points. Probably not fair comparing preseason games because of the difference in competition they played against(1st stringers compared to 3rd or 4th stringers that are not even in the league anymore). As far as training camp, I guess I should of stated the practices I went to(I went to 3 of them). Edwards looked better running the team. I dont know what else to say. As far as your last comment, I think that is part of the reason why the coaches were so quick to pull the hook on JP. Because they did see Edwards practice & look more competent then losman for the better part of TC & preseason. Just a guess on my part though.