If Hardy is a bust...

otisly00

During his first season I think Hardy's presence in the #2 spot translates into big numbers for Evans, Parrish and Reed. At nearly 6'7" he is certainly going to draw attention from opposing defenses and will draw major attention in the red zone. He'll make his catches and is certainly going to grab some scores but his position will mainly be to free up Evans and Parrish/Reed.

It doesn't worry me all that much, he will draw attention off of Evans who managed 1200+ yards with Peerless Price as his #2, Peerless wasn't exactly stellar.

As for Malcolm Kelly, after his bad pro-days I've come to view him more as an underweight Tight End. The guy is just plain slow, hands or no hands a legit NFL receiver needs to be able to break away.

wait a minute...i thought he was 6'9"? :w00t:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on what you consider a bust. Do I expect him to have 700+ yards next year? No. I do however expect him to catch the ball in the redzone when they get down there every time it is thrown to him. If he only gets 450-500yds but 8-10 TDs and improves our red zone play, which sucks, I think it would be a pretty good return on our investment

i've been reading this board for several years now, but i've just noticed how many immature fools post on a consistent basis. Every post starts with an opinion (which is what a board is for) and then the poster is immediately attacked and there is just bullsh-t responses. Many of you must be really bored needing to start so much sh-- all the time. Get a hobby or a girlfriend or something.

What if hardy is a bust? do we draft another WR next year? trade for one? count on roscoe, lee and josh this year? mike williams a suppossed 'cant miss' didnt even see the field his 1st year. or the dude for the saints last year.....our offense cant afford that this year if we want to go anywhere.

Can we let the kid play 1 !@#$ing year . Please

If Hardy is a bust? The Bills punt. Often.

Again.

I'm inclined to agree with the resident wino, though:

Can we let the kid play 1 !@#$ing year . Please

I have a bad feeling this guy isnt going to translate into a legimate NFL WR. I wouldnt mind sitting here today with Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelley on the roster...with the high probabilty of WR busts the skins hedged their bet....

...thanks for playing.

i've been reading this board for several years now, but i've just noticed how many immature fools post on a consistent basis. Every post starts with an opinion (which is what a board is for) and then the poster is immediately attacked and there is just bullsh-t responses. Many of you must be really bored needing to start so much sh-- all the time. Get a hobby or a girlfriend or something.

What if hardy is a bust? do we draft another WR next year? trade for one? count on roscoe, lee and josh this year? mike williams a suppossed 'cant miss' didnt even see the field his 1st year. or the dude for the saints last year.....our offense cant afford that this year if we want to go anywhere.

I agree, you shouldn't get crucified just because you expressed your opinion, regardless if it's right or wrong.

I don't expect Hardy to be a bust at all but I guess there are no guarantees. The Bills did draft another WR, his name is Steve Johnson. If Hardy lands up being a bust then can Johnson be a hidden diamond? My point is we have to trust our front office at this time and hope for the best. I'm sure that Buffalo didn't put all their chips (no pun intended) on Hardy. Relax for now and let's see what the next couple of months bring.

No big deal. He's a second round pick, won't make a ton of money, not a huge loss if he turns into a bust. I'd be more worried if I'm the Lions and Calvin Johnson turns into a bust.

But I think people need to temper their expectations with Hardy. Almost all rookie WR's struggle. I'd be happy if all we get from him ithis year is a lot of redzone touches, and maybe 300-400 yards for the season.

I think you're exactly right. A WR like Hardy isn't meant to be a star or have big stats, he just has to be able to provide Evans with the opportunity of being effective. Evans is our star WR, I'm convinced that Buffalo will re-sign him all the more now that I see who they drafted to compliment him.

ummm NO? not like Hardy is going to get a new contract after next season, and who replaces Lee? If Hardy replaces Lee, who repaces Hardy? WTF you don't just let him leave, now if he doesn't want to be here you can't do anything about that.

What if Lee Evans and Hardy bust this yr? DO we draft 4 wr's next yr...I was and still am being sarcastic...Take the worm off the hook before you swallow..LOL

"In fact, what happens if you trip on your way to lunch today, crack your head on the ground, and lose whatever memory you have of the last 8 years?"

Then he will forget that he ever made such a ridiculous post......and will be right there with the rest of us when Hardy outjumps some poor patriot corner for a touchdown

it got a little old arguing about why we drafted a RB, or 3 CB's, or if DJ should be fired after this year...or talking about the draft period. Does it hurt to look ahead? Give me something thats not so ridiculous to talk about now that our passing game is obviously solidified.

If you're going to create a thread on an internet message board like this, either nut up for some jokes, ridicule or criticism, or find something else to do that won't chafe your ass so easily.

If you're going to create a thread on an internet message board like this, either nut up for some jokes, ridicule or criticism, or find something else to do that won't chafe your ass so easily.

Thanks for the advice Mom!! I'll be sure to send some flowers for Mothers Day in a couple weeks.