For those who don't like this draft

todd

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I flunk your "test" but I hate this draft. It baffles me that this team thinks it has the luxury of drafting a slew of special teams/bubble "skill" position players. This squad is a lineman (offensive or defensive) injury away from a 2-14 season. We need to be drafting Peters' and Stroud's replacements, not Hagan's and A-Train's replacements. Look at Parcells' draft if you want to see the correct method for stabilizing your franchise.

You want to draft Peters replacement?Wow is something bad going to happen to him this year.He has alot of years left in the league.ANd as for Stroud When Pat was run out of town by TD the talk was he was old fat and washed up and how many years has the Vikes gotten out of that retread.Look I understand what you are trying to say but to fear injury before it happens doesn't make sense.We have good depth and name me teams that could lose 2 pro bowl type players and it wouldn't hurt them because the have their replacement waiting on the bench.

There's only one resume I care about and, as I glance at it, there's an item on it that jumps off the page...

- Has not made the playoffs in the National Football League in almost 10 years.

Great post.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who gets so worked up over a draft (that no "real" experts had a problem with) has issues. Whether its anger management, general pessimism, a need for attention, someone who thinks negativity equals intelligence or whatever. It just makes no sense to be so bitter about selecting players you probably didn't even no existed a few months ago.

If you're going to object to a selection put up or shut up. Tell us who YOU would have picked and why. It's much more difficult defending your own selections than tearing down others.

I think the ability to renew ones hope/enthusiasm is really the underlying issue here, you're right on there. Some people(self incl) after some period of time can let it go and hope to the future. I'm not saying you cant have the negative feelings about how you're beloved team is being managed(woulda liked TE in 3rd) or how they've been managed in recent years(playoffs?).

Without a QB for the last 12 years(trent=fingers crossed) the playoffs have not really been a reasonable expectation(1999 #1 def)

So i just wanted to say if your like me and come back every year thinking this is the year then you should really be thankful that you have the ability to do so(even if misguided) And to those who have a tougher time seeing through the rose coloured glass, this could be the year!!

get over the fact that no matter how much you complain, no matter how much you think youre right, it doesnt change anything. and no one knows as this point if this is a "good" or "bad" draft.

so calm down and enjoy some football.

or not. whatever.

I'm humble to know that I'm not always right...that's the difference with the people who insult others for a difference in opinion. They insult because they believe they are always right.

I made one opinion that I didn't like the first pick (sure with a lot of sarcasm no doubt) and I've been appointed pariah of the month.

These people are like liberals--they only accept you if you agree with them.

This board has really, really turned to crap. There are people who think they can tell you how to think.

Well, they can't. As of today, in my fallible opinion, this draft was far from great.

But maybe I'll read something somewhere and I can be convinced otherwise. Because that is what this board is about--communicating information, sharing knowledge, throwing out opinions, even venting. It's not for telling people how to think, and continuous insult after insult.

I'm humble to know that I'm not always right...that's the difference with the people who insult others for a difference in opinion. They insult because they believe they are always right.

I made one opinion that I didn't like the first pick (sure with a lot of sarcasm no doubt) and I've been appointed pariah of the month.

These people are like radical liberals/radical conservatives/radical christians/radical muslims --they only accept you if you agree with them.

This board has really, really turned to crap. There are people who think they can tell you how to think.

Well, they can't. As of today, in my fallible opinion, this draft was far from great.

But maybe I'll read something somewhere and I can be convinced otherwise. Because that is what this board is about--communicating information, sharing knowledge, throwing out opinions, even venting. It's not for telling people how to think, and continuous insult after insult.

you guys mustve took a beating last night or something. i wasnt on the board so i dont know.

but being so aggressively defensive isnt helping anyone listen to you. and so far today, i havent read one post containing your football opinion. but ill chalk that up to being bitten last night (i assume)

as far as "pariah of the month", i didnt even notice your posts until you went on the warpath about it (so maybe there is something to "get over")

i fixed the bold part of your post, since youre supposed to be against name-calling and generalizing.

i hope the board gets better for you.

These people are like liberals--they only accept you if you agree with them.

How about this -- convince us why we should be so (specifically) pessimistic about those who were selected today. Round for Round tell us who you would have picked and why they would be infinitely better than the "disasters" we got this weekend.

Note: unacceptable answers include - "this front office sucks," "why should we be optimistic", "we haven't been to the playoffs in 12 years," "I don't trust ________", "Wilson is cheap and wants to move to Toronto," etc.

How about this -- convince us why we should be so (specifically) pessimistic about those who were selected today. Round for Round tell us who you would have picked and why they would be infinitely better than the "disasters" we got this weekend.

Note: unacceptable answers include - "this front office sucks," "why should we be optimistic", "we haven't been to the playoffs in 12 years," "I don't trust ________", "Wilson is cheap and wants to move to Toronto," etc.

Did u read my thread? I'm not talking about the quality of the draft in as much as the way people are treated on this board. I'm not trying to convince of anything.

That was the point of my whole post.

I don't owe you anything.

Did u read my thread? I'm not talking about the quality of the draft in as much as the way people are treated on this board. I'm not trying to convince of anything.

That was the point of my whole post.

I don't owe you anything.

So you're just upset that people call you out for not backing up your opinion? Sorry about that. We'll just ignore you.

you guys mustve took a beating last night or something. i wasnt on the board so i dont know.

but being so aggressively defensive isnt helping anyone listen to you. and so far today, i havent read one post containing your football opinion. but ill chalk that up to being bitten last night (i assume)

as far as "pariah of the month", i didnt even notice your posts until you went on the warpath about it (so maybe there is something to "get over")

i fixed the bold part of your post, since youre supposed to be against name-calling and generalizing.

i hope the board gets better for you.

What about your football opinion? Haven't seen anything on this draft class.

What about your football opinion? Haven't seen anything on this draft class.

i like it, but i also realize it cant really be judged until we at least get through camp (at the earliest)

i think we filled a couple of crucial holes with the best talent available.

i wasnt looking to get 5+ starters like the past few years. especially out of this draft class.

i think 2, maybe 3, is going to be good enough. and if it isnt, im not going to take it personally since, win or lose, i still need to go to work on Monday.

you can go back to calling me names now, even though you think it really brings the board down...

Then why call out only one side of the issue?

Because the people who hate the draft have the most vitriol about it, and are mostly the ones acting like children about it. They are also the ones who are completely unable to substantiate their opinions.

And you should read down a little further in the post.

For those who don't like the draft, please post your resume. Please include the following:

1. number of hours (+/- 20) spent studying film this past offseason. Anything less than 120, don't bother posting.

2. number of years employed by an NFL team evaluating talent

3. Number of combines attended

4. Specialty in evaluation by position, and years evaluating each position

5. If you don't have 5 years evaluating college talent at the NFL level, please post the NFL position you played and # of years at that position.

6. If you have more than 10 years evaluating talent, please give the number of years at the director level.

7. If none of the above, please post the number of years experience as an NFL coach, assistant, or owner.

I just want to get an idea of the credibility of the skeptics around here. Basically, I want to know whose opinions I should ignore.

I like this draft....however, what gives you the right to tell people they are not qualified to B word. You know what gives me the right to B word (even though I like this draft) the fact that I am a season ticket holder, that alone gives me the right to agree or disagree and express my thoughts about what this team does. I would like to see your resume and how it relates to censoring public opinion. While I agree that there is plenty of negativity on this board, I do understand that a decade without the playoffs can do that to people.

GO BILLS!

i like it, but i also realize it cant really be judged until we at least get through camp (at the earliest)

i think we filled a couple of crucial holes with the best talent available.

i wasnt looking to get 5+ starters like the past few years. especially out of this draft class.

i think 2, maybe 3, is going to be good enough. and if it isnt, im not going to take it personally since, win or lose, i still need to go to work on Monday.

you can go back to calling me names now, even though you think it really brings the board down...

You agree with 3 CBs despite William James signed as FA and our 1st was spent on one? And another RB despite Lynch, Jackson, Wright already here?

What about no other WR until the 7th?

Yeah, those that love the draft should post their resume, too.

For someone who does an awful lot of complaining about others and their idiocy, I question why over the course of 8-10 years you haven't been able to grasp the concept of how public message boards work... Seriously, 10 years later you pull out "signal to noise ratio of this place"?

Here's a little task for you while you badger people for their resumes. Click on your name and go to your profile. Click on the link that shows all of your posts. Read through them then calculate YOUR personal "signal to noise ratio" and get back to us...

Then we can discuss your signal and compare that to other poster's noise...

You agree with 3 CBs despite William James signed as FA and our 1st was spent on one? And another RB despite Lynch, Jackson, Wright already here?

What about no other WR until the 7th?

again, im not looking for starters much past the 3rd pick. so any disagreement with the picks will have to be sent to Dick or Russ.

while i was admittedly a little surprised by the RB pick, i dont know of another guy in the 6th round that i wouldve rather had. frankly, cause at that point of the draft the chances are about 95/5 that theyll be camp fodder as opposed to a starter.

you obviously felt that the RB was the wrong pick. who was on your draft board in the 6th that you wanted? im open to suggstions

You should grasp that a critique of the board is not a critique of you.

For someone who does an awful lot of complaining about others and their idiocy, I question why over the course of 8-10 years you haven't been able to grasp the concept of how public message boards work... Seriously, 10 years later you pull out "signal to noise ratio of this place"?

Here's a little task for you while you badger people for their resumes. Click on your name and go to your profile. Click on the link that shows all of your posts. Read through them then calculate YOUR personal "signal to noise ratio" and get back to us...

:bag:

That's not even relevant. People are looking at it compared to other teams.

You're basically saying NOBODY has any right to disagree with some of these draft picks.

You are the almighty censor on this board, I presume.

I'd say that's about right. None of these picks have yet to play down for the Bills. How can they be questioned? The scouting department has a bit more info than we do on these guys. We have no idea how these new players will perform. Look back about 2 years from now and you can then make some evaluation. 3 years would be an even better timeframe. Go back and look at the '05 and '06 drafts today and you can get a sense that one was much better than the other.

again, im not looking for starters much past the 3rd pick. so any disagreement with the picks will have to be sent to Dick or Russ.

while i was admittedly a little surprised by the RB pick, i dont know of another guy in the 6th round that i wouldve rather had. frankly, cause at that point of the draft the chances are about 95/5 that theyll be camp fodder as opposed to a starter.

you obviously felt that the RB was the wrong pick. who was on your draft board in the 6th that you wanted? im open to suggstions

BB, no response to this? we're done talking football? i answered your question, but you cant answer mine?

I'd say that's about right. None of these picks have yet to play down for the Bills. How can they be questioned? The scouting department has a bit more info than we do on these guys. We have no idea how these new players will perform. Look back about 2 years from now and you can then make some evaluation. 3 years would be an even better timeframe. Go back and look at the '05 and '06 drafts today and you can get a sense that one was much better than the other.

Now I can't question any of these picks? What are we...a board of communists ? I can't question why we didn't draft a freakin' center when Indy picked three? When Steve Justice was there at 6, but we picked a runningback (although I do like him)? I can't question why we picked a CB in the first round? I'm sure he'll turn out to be a great player--but I would have preferred Albert. Am I entitled to that opinion or do I have to go along with this board and just keep my mouth shut.

BB, no response to this? we're done talking football? i answered your question, but you cant answer mine?

Actually, I had never heard of the RB we took, as I'm certain most here did not. My main point is that I'd have liked them to select a roughly equal-rated player at a position that we were a little thinner. That goes for the pick that we took a third corner as well. How about DT and FB with those?

Actually, I had never heard of the RB we took, as I'm certain most here did not. My main point is that I'd have liked them to select a roughly equal-rated player at a position that we were a little thinner. That goes for the pick that we took a third corner as well. How about DT and FB with those?

so you really have no response other than "i dont like it"

ok

Now I can't question any of these picks? What are we...a board of communists ? I can't question why we didn't draft a freakin' center when Indy picked three?

mike, i agree that you are entitled to your opinion. and i agree that you have the right to disagree with anything you want.

but if you arent going to take a second to realize that you are arguing something that cant/wont be fairly judged for a long time and that your entire argument at this point is therefore illogical, irrational and flawed... then i cant help you and we really have nothing more to discuss.

we get it, you dont like the picks. so? and?

as far as specific players, do you really think that Jauron and Co didnt realize Justice was still on the board? do you think they are that completely inept that they overlooked a Center you had heard of, and chose a RB, by accident?

No, I said DT and FB instead of the Rb and 3rd CB picks.

DT and FB are at the same level as RB and CB on this team.

we have 4 starting DTs

Fullback, even though our OC said we'd use one in a more traditional role, is a dead position in the NFL Offenses of today.

adding a 6th round FB instead of a RB wouldve made this an acceptable draft for you?

All these 'don't question the pick' responses seem to be missing the point trying to be made by the "Negative Nancy's." Its the positions being filled or ignored that are vexing, not the players selected.

The lack of O-line depth can't be questioned?

Duke Preston's showed nothing in three years...is the light bulb gonna go on this year? Did Kirk Chambers suddenly develop into something more than a warm body?

Which specific players? How does not selecting those players get you so nuts about this draft? What do you know about those players that makes you so sure about your opinion?

Fact is, ANY player you mention is irrelevant since no one can really say if they would be a better fit for the Bills or not. The point is, the same can be said of the players that were selected this weekend. What some of us are trying to say is that it's ridiculous to get so worked up and CERTAIN that what the Bills did was wrong. I would understand if you had a "bad feeling" about any one of the selections but it's not understandable (and borders on lunacy) to be so definitive one way or the other.

What makes it worse is that those who have had the most violent reactions to individual picks and/or the draft in general are so reluctant to say who they would have liked better at any selection. However, the more you are asked to put your specific selections on the line the more entrenched you become. Thus, you lose credibility and respect.

All these 'don't question the pick' responses seem to be missing the point trying to be made by the "Negative Nancy's." Its the positions being filled or ignored that are vexing, not the players selected.

Duke Preston's showed nothing in three years...is the light bulb gonna go on this year? Did Kirk Chambers suddenly develop into something more than a warm body?

the OBVIOUS answer is that the front office did not think the better talent was at those OLine positions.

just because they bring in someone DIFFERENT than Preston, does not mean they will be BETTER

DT and FB are at the same level as RB and CB on this team.

we have 4 starting DTs

Fullback, even though our OC said we'd use one in a more traditional role, is a dead position in the NFL Offenses of today.

adding a 6th round FB instead of a RB wouldve made this an acceptable draft for you?

Hey, like you said, our OC said we'd use a traditional FB. Also, Stroud at DT is coming off an injury and is getting up there in age. McCargo appears to be coming on, but that is far from a sure thing. We also haven't seen how Spencer Johnson fits. By no means is DT as settled as RB.

Also, I would have been much more at ease if we hadn't waited until the 7th to add another decent WR prospect.

Why do you assume the FO is "ignoring" positions? Isn't it possible or even plausible that the FO picked the best players available at that selection? Would you feel better if they chose a OL that the FO/scouts didn't think was worth the pick just to make fans happy? If they didn't think a TE or OL was worthy of the pick over some other player they think will contribute on Game One or down the road then how can that be "ignoring" a position?

Again, it would be easier to evaluate if you're right and the FO is wrong if you say who they missed would be so much better than who they selected.

For those who don't like the draft, please post your resume. Please include the following:

1. number of hours (+/- 20) spent studying film this past offseason. Anything less than 120, don't bother posting.

2. number of years employed by an NFL team evaluating talent

3. Number of combines attended

4. Specialty in evaluation by position, and years evaluating each position

5. If you don't have 5 years evaluating college talent at the NFL level, please post the NFL position you played and # of years at that position.

6. If you have more than 10 years evaluating talent, please give the number of years at the director level.

7. If none of the above, please post the number of years experience as an NFL coach, assistant, or owner.

I just want to get an idea of the credibility of the skeptics around here. Basically, I want to know whose opinions I should ignore.

1. 1/2 hour

2. 0

3. 0 probably never will

4. 0

5. 0 college level, 0 on the NFL level, sorry

6. I have about 20 years of evaluating talent from my house. sure.

7. 0 probably never will because I am wasting my time replying to your thread.

:bag: get over yourself

the customer is always right. :nana:

Wow, awesome thread, we're in mid season form. I'm glad I worked on my house today and actually accomplished something. Some of you guys should just realize that it doesn't matter who they pick, because there's nothing we can do to change it, unless you want to switch teams. I would've like to see the Bills take the guard in the first, like the rec., and the rest I have no clue. Stop reading all the pre draft crap and find a productive hobby or something.

Get back to it, I need some good reading later before bedtime! :bag::nana: :nana:

Which specific players? How does not selecting those players get you so nuts about this draft? What do you know about those players that makes you so sure about your opinion?

Fact is, ANY player you mention is irrelevant since no one can really say if they would be a better fit for the Bills or not. The point is, the same can be said of the players that were selected this weekend. What some of us are trying to say is that it's ridiculous to get so worked up and CERTAIN that what the Bills did was wrong. I would understand if you had a "bad feeling" about any one of the selections but it's not understandable (and borders on lunacy) to be so definitive one way or the other.

What makes it worse is that those who have had the most violent reactions to individual picks and/or the draft in general are so reluctant to say who they would have liked better at any selection. However, the more you are asked to put your specific selections on the line the more entrenched you become. Thus, you lose credibility and respect.

Again, for the umpteenth time, you are missing the point that Lurker made in this thread. The positions of the players selected is the concern. It is unknown, without a crystal ball, to know how the individuals we did select will turn out.