Kiper won't be giving us a good grade

Doesn't matter, but the last 3 picks didn't even get a writeup from him in his draft report.

Now if we had more Kiper fans they'd be going as ballistic as the idiots who are quoting from other draft sources & declaring that the Bills front office is messing up the draft.

Doesn't matter, but the last 3 picks didn't even get a writeup from him in his draft report.

Now if we had more Kiper fans they'd be going as ballistic as the idiots who are quoting from other draft sources & declaring that the Bills front office is messing up the draft.

Good, let him underrate this team. I can wait till we surprise everyone this season and prove him and EVERYONE on ESPN (not Chris Berman) wrong. We are having a great draft.

Who cares what he says.

He's entitled to his opinion.

Lets see... We had needs at WR, TE, FB and apparently CB and DE to people here (Derrick Harvey Derrick Harvey! He's got to be the pick! Derrick Harvey!).

So... WR? Check, tallest in the draft class. TE? Check, Derek Fine. CB? Check, Best in the draft and a short random one. DE? Check, Chris Ellis, third round, great pass rusher. LB Depth? Check, 2006 leader in solo tackles.

What are we missing here then? FB? Owen Schmitt and Jehuu Caulcrick are still on the board.

DOOM, DOOM, PAIN AND SUFFERING!?

Lets see... We had needs at WR, TE, FB and apparently CB and DE to people here (Derrick Harvey Derrick Harvey! He's got to be the pick! Derrick Harvey!).

So... WR? Check, tallest in the draft class. TE? Check, Derek Fine. CB? Check, Best in the draft and a short random one. DE? Check, Chris Ellis, third round, great pass rusher. LB Depth? Check, 2006 leader in solo tackles.

What are we missing here then? FB? Owen Schmitt and Jehuu Caulcrick are still on the board.

DOOM, DOOM, PAIN AND SUFFERING!?

But yet some say he wouldn't put these guys on a high school football squad... :thumbsup::lol:

Mel Keiper doesn't like the Buffalo Bills. He always gives us a bad draft grade. The Marv Levy era and psot Levy has been full of high character guys that produce onthe field. I've been very happy with the last few drafts including this one. This year the Bills addressed our glaring needs and added some depth. I think the Bills scouting department does a fair job of evaualting talent. I like the young, talented team they are putting on the field.

Why all the hate for Kiper? You do realize, if it weren't for him, we would all most likely be waiting for a complete list of all the Bills draft picks, to be printed on the transactions page of the Monday moring addition of the Buffalo News? So, he isn't always right? Name me one analyst that has as long a track record, that is better? I know it has become sports fan etiquette to trash everyone/anything that is considered "establishment" (in todays ADD world, that means anything older than 3 years), but Kiper does a great job, IMO. I don't see why his opinions are viewed as "political" (he isn't affiliated with any NFL teams, or any scouting organization), and he does his homework. His obsessive nature is what has made the NFL draft an event.

For my money, Kiper and Chris Landry (who often differ on players) are the two best in the business. Not because they are always 100 per cent right, but they have put the effort in to know how to evaluate these college players.

BTW- while I don't recall Kiper loving our 2006 draft, I don't think he was nearly as critical as others. IIRC, his main gripe was that he felt the Bills could have gotten essentially the same players, and picked up an extra higher round pick in the process.

High grades in the draft go to the teams who had the most early picks, made the most trades and took the most high profile players.

The Bills will get the standard B.

We're just now approaching a time where we can grade our 2006 draft. Too soon for anytjing else.

Good, let him underrate this team. I can wait till we surprise everyone this season and prove him and EVERYONE on ESPN (not Chris Berman) wrong. We are having a great draft.

AFC East

Mel Kiper

Buffalo Bills: GRADE: C+

Cornerback Leodis McKelvin is going to be a very good player and I liked the pick. James Hardy is the big wide receiver the Bills need, someone who can be a threat in the red zone. Virginia Tech DE Chris Ellis is a decent pass-rusher, and I thought CB Reggie Corner and TE Derek Fine were reaches in the fourth round. I did like their late-round picks, RB Xavier Omon, OT Demetrius Bell and WR Steve Johnson.

Like I said before, Mel's one of the biggest Buffalo haters and that C+ is an example.....I can't wait to prove him WRONG! :beer: WE WILL SURPRISE EVERYONE!

FORGET YOU MEL!!!

I like Mel but don't really care if he gives us a bad grade. Reggie Corner was not invited to the combine so I do not even know if Mel knew about him. I like that Corner pick and think he would of gone much higher if he was invited to the combine

I would too. They had a great draft IMO

Notice how he gives Cleveland a nice grade (a B+ ;) )- he factors in them trading their second and third round picks for Corey Williams and Shawn Rogers, for their draft grade. He grades Minnesota's draft on the curve(B :beer: ), factoring in Jared Allen. But he gives us a C+, and does not factor in Marcus Stroud. That tells me he paid little attention to us

I would too. They had a great draft IMO

Notice how he gives Cleveland a nice grade (a B+ ;) )- he factors in them trading their second and third round picks for Corey Williams and Shawn Rogers, for their draft grade. He grades Minnesota's draft on the curve(B :beer: ), factoring in Jared Allen. But he gives us a C+, and does not factor in Marcus Stroud. That tells me he paid little attention to us

All the more reason to show how bad of an "expert" he is when our guys play great.

AFC East

Like I said before, Mel's one of the biggest Buffalo haters and that C+ is an example.....I can't wait to prove him WRONG! <_< WE WILL SURPRISE EVERYONE!

FORGET YOU MEL!!!

It has nothing to do with hating Buffalo. The Bills picked 3 guys in a row in rounds 4 & 5 who he didn't even give a write-up to in his report. That indicates he viewed them as not draftable. He's going off his ratings. If the Bills had picked guys he rated a round or two earlier in those spots and beyond, he would have praised them. It's not about Buffalo, it's about Mel doing a CYA in relation to his draft guide. Remember when he didn't have Fina written up and Fina was calling him out after being picked in the 1st round? Mel doesn't care what the team is, he bases his grades on his own numbers.