3rd Round Selection: Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I do have a suggestion for you--take a few valium and dive into the deep end of the pool.

Okay, Ramius and I have had our differences too, but this is over the line. I think maybe you should step away from the keyboard a while if this is the kind of thing you're going to say to people. Seriously.

If you see later in the post, I admit to exaggerating. I tend to do that to make my point. Maybe it doesn't translate well on a board, I just don't understand why people have to insult others because they disagree. Obviouly, like some others, I'm just venting until rational thought takes over. I am starting to like this draft.

Why do you take pleasure in watching other Bills' fans suffer?

I respect your opinion that the McKelvin pick wasn't the best availale, and even your desire to defend your opinion. Could you (and the others responding to you) at least do it over in the McKelvin thread, or start your own?

Re: the Ellis pick (legal and taking downs off), and Hardy (legal probs), does it look like the Bills' stance on character players is shifting? I always took the character comments to be more about football character (passion, focus and drive). But, for Ellis, it looks like this is nearly the definition of his negatives.

All that said, I like the pick. Talent at a position of need (Hargrove departure) and a young player in the development pipeline for the day one of our vets departs.

Who insulted the Bills FO? It's not like other people have never done that? I have every right to dislike a pick. This board is full of hypocrisy.

So, it is OK for you to insult the FO and player, people who will never read your comments by the way, but if someone 'insults' you to your 'face' you take offense?

Right, got it.

Okay, Ramius and I have had our differences too, but this is over the line. I think maybe you should step away from the keyboard a while if this is the kind of thing you're going to say to people. Seriously.

Ramius and I are fine now...I think.

There are some others that felt the need to join the party, however.

All of this because I said the first pick was disaster.

So, it is OK for you to insult the FO and player, people who will never read your comments by the way, but if someone 'insults' you to your 'face' you take offense?

Right, got it.

What are you talking about? You're delusional.

That's what the board is about--opinions. I never insulted any player, FO person--I said I hated the pick...that's the right of a poster.

I never insulted anyone until they started first...and I won't back away from that.

You don't like me--fine. I'm not a popular person here, fine.

But, don't make shi% up.

PFW's take on the pick:

The Bills could benefit from an increased pass rush. Virginia Tech DE Chris Ellis has some natural pass-rush ability and could contribute situationally. He will bring a swagger to the Bills' defense. I am a little surprised, however, that the Bills took a chance on Ellis given his overall attitude.

Again trust the team.

Dude, please. ENOUGH with the front-office ballwashing. We get it -- you're a REALLY BIG FAN and want to believe every move they make is for the best. Do you understand it's not necessary to type out every little thought that pops into your head, and you haven't been given the responsibility of defending Russ Brandon and Tom Modrak?

Just enjoy the draft, make some rational comments about the picks, and stop cheerleading. It's sickening. I'd try to ignore you but it's impossible to get through any of these threads.

I'm hoping he is one of our 3rd down DEs on the field THIS year. Anyone think he'll be that? Maybe by mid-season? We need the pass rush out of DEs and he may help this year with that.

I'd like to see that too. The scouting report on him makes him sound like Wile E. Coyote though.

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Looney-Tunes...rs_i391601_.htm

Wile E Coyote...Super Genius?

Have you read it? It's not that flattering. Small, weak, undeveloped lower body and legs, doesn't have mass, not instinctive, good in short spaces but has no second gear, should be a LB but can't run, not focused or dedicated, not a good student, needs lots of reps to "get it" in the football classroom...

Not saying he doesn't have some positives, but ... yikes.

a raw talented sudden guy off the edge is perfect.

he will be in our rotation and come in as a spark for our passrush (like hargrove was supposed to). with aaron and co matching up against opponents lines

this kid has a chance to come in beside stroud and make an impact on an over matched tired oline.