3rd Round Selection: Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOre to it:

Ellis is more than just an edge rusher. He has had good success as a leverage player vs. the run and has the quick-twitch moves to give chase in the opposing backfield. With his lateral agility and ability to clear his feet on the move, some scouts are even analyzing him as a potential strong-side linebacker in a 3-4 alignment, thanks to his 4.56 speed.

Best available DE because Johnny Dingle had a bad 40 time. There was a character issue with Ellis. Can't remember what.

But Hrdy started that ball rolling.

Apparently he has a "low motor" and is a durability issue with a wrist problem or something.

Sure as hell didn't show it in what I've seen with him, I agree with the pick.

Edit: Shoulder injury, not wrist.

Best available DE because Johnny Dingle had a bad 40 time. There was a character issue with Ellis. Can't remember what.

But Hrdy started that ball rolling.

Good--this team needs some bad boys with attitude. Enough of the boyscouts that lead us to 7-9 every year. I hear JP is starting anew charity. Ooooh, how exciting.

The fact they picked a cornerback--that's my opinion--I expect you to start insulting me since you disagree, right.

Like--are you on drugs, I'm glad you are not he gm, stop posting, stuff like that.

No - I'm not going to insult you. Just because you don't agree with a pick does not make it a disaster. The guy is a top rated player. Not your favorite but certainly not a disaster.