• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Mayock likes our picks. I'm happy: "solid draft"

Reggie Corner is a good value they said

It's somewhat reassuring that Mayock likes this (I don't have NFLN) but at the same time, the OL depth is putrid. Whittle wasn't much before he went down, and this team had a lot of luck not being hit with the injury bug until Peters in Week 16.

That said, Jauron is running the show. That should be clear now.

It's somewhat reassuring that Mayock likes this (I don't have NFLN) but at the same time, the OL depth is putrid. Whittle wasn't much before he went down, and this team had a lot of luck not being hit with the injury bug until Peters in Week 16.

That said, Jauron is running the show. That should be clear now.

Agreed. While I like the individual picks they're making (except maybe that TE), its the overall strategy of this offseason that bothers me. I think a balanced approach would have served them much, much better.

Bowen is projected to maybe play SS in the pros. I guess that would make all the chatter about wanting to move Whitner to FS true. I still wouldnt mind him at OLB if he gained 10 lbs

"Despite lacking the bulk you expect from a linebacker, Bowen has developed into a tackling machine. He led the nation in solo tackles (95) and tackles per game (12.92) as a junior and was the team leader in both categories in his two years starting for the Cyclones.

Because of his pass coverage ability and range, Bowen is also being eyed as a possible strong safety prospect by professional teams. Opposing coaches in the Big 12 Conference praised his loose hips and ability to get good depth in his pass drops, as they labeled him the pass coverage linebacker in the league."

95 solo tackles is hard to sneeze at

Agreed. While I like the individual picks they're making (except maybe that TE), its the overall strategy of this offseason that bothers me. I think a balanced approach would have served them much, much better.

I think the Bills expect more improvement from the offense just from having Trent, Lynch and the line gain from the experience last year. They added the big WR which was the most glaring weakness and hopefully can get some production from TE out of the existing group plus Fine.

I think it's on defense where there is real talent deficiency and the need to upgrade, especially at CB and on the line, which is where most of the draft and free agent money has addressed.

I think the plan has been pretty sound.

I think the Bills expect more improvement from the offense just from having Trent, Lynch and the line gain from the experience last year. They added the big WR which was the most glaring weakness and hopefully can get some production from TE out of the existing group plus Fine.

I think it's on defense where there is real talent deficiency and the need to upgrade, especially at CB and on the line, which is where most of the draft and free agent money has addressed.

Agreed. While I think we really need to upgrade C and draft a FB, I am now ok with our picks so far. I panicked for a minute there

So we only pay attention to what the pundits think when we like what they say?

No, we pay attention to guys like Mayock because they know what the f they are talking about

We don't pay attention to guys like Marshall ("the Bills need to draft a LT") Faulk because they don't.

draft so far

1) - top corner in the draft

2) - giant WR with great speed for his size - major red zone headache for defenses

3) - pass rushing defensive end - plays viciously

4) - ball hawking corner

4) - safe TE pick - good blocker, great hands - should be an excellent checkdown man

5) - undersized linebacker who flies around like a maniac and is good in coverage - instant ST's contributor

Its not that I don't believe that the defense needed to be addressed, but I don't think its a good idea to largely expect internal improvement on a unit that ranked in the 30s last year on either side of the ball. And the thing that really worries me is that if something happens with Hardy, the Bills have given themselves no backup plan whatsoever.

I also thought that they had to find someone who could be a consistent threat over the middle (IMO, its their biggest need) and they didn't do that this offseason. Hardy will help a bit, but he's not going to make his living doing that, I don't think. I think we're still a team that can't really threaten a defense in the middle half of the field and I think that's going to be a necessity if they ever want to have a solid offense as a whole.

Just for grins...some good WRs that were mentioned on several threads on this board before the draft are still available. Now that we officially in the very late rounds (6 / 7) with our next picks, might we take two WRs to hedge the Hardy pick?

Adarius Bowman

Paul Hubbard