*Official Day 2 Draft Thread*

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 245

College: Kansas

Hybrid fullback/tight ends/H-backs are underappreciated players in today's NFL offenses. A guy who can pick up blitzes, chip on defensive ends, cancel linebackers at the second level and move the chains (46 receptions, 394 yards, four touchdowns in '07) in the passing game is very valuable. Fine has the ability to be just that type of player, and will likely be selected earlier than most expect. He should also be a contributor on special teams coverage units as he did at Kansas.

Expected size for "moving" tight end/fullback. ... Excellent effort and upper body flexibility to block defensive ends or linebackers on the run. ... Very good receiver who runs precise routes and does not drop many balls. ... Reliable, tough, hard-working character guy. ... Good effort and open-field tackling ability on special teams.

Sound like he might be our fullback

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, he is a "FINE" choice.

Typical Bills pick, taking a guy we've never heard of.

I watched many college football games, and I never saw Derek Fine on TV. And the analysts don't seem to have an opinion either. What does that tell you?

CRAPPY PICK!

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 245

College: Kansas

Hybrid fullback/tight ends/H-backs are underappreciated players in today's NFL offenses. A guy who can pick up blitzes, chip on defensive ends, cancel linebackers at the second level and move the chains (46 receptions, 394 yards, four touchdowns in '07) in the passing game is very valuable. Fine has the ability to be just that type of player, and will likely be selected earlier than most expect. He should also be a contributor on special teams coverage units as he did at Kansas.

Expected size for "moving" tight end/fullback. ... Excellent effort and upper body flexibility to block defensive ends or linebackers on the run. ... Very good receiver who runs precise routes and does not drop many balls. ... Reliable, tough, hard-working character guy. ... Good effort and open-field tackling ability on special teams.

I really, really like :thumbsup::lol::)

I watched many college football games, and I never saw Derek Fine on TV. And the analysts don't seem to have an opinion either. What does that tell you?

CRAPPY PICK!

Aren't you the guy who just said "Waaaa!, They didn't take the NAME I read a few times! Waaa!"

CRAPPY PICK!

tells me you didn't watch any Kansas games, idiot :thumbsup:

CRAPPY PICK!

have no idea what the espn analysts think. they're too busy running clips of matt ryan putting on ATL caps from yesterday to discuss the drafts actually going on now

CRAPPY PICK!

%$@# the guys on ESPN aren't talking about him...we should just cut him now. And evidently playing in the number one offense in the land last season means nothing, and i don't know how you watched so many college football games and didn't even stumble upon the Kansas Jayhawks. I hope that I am just interpreting you're comments incorrectly and you are being sarcastic, because it's a late 4th round choice, at this point you're looking for project players not immediate impact players. This board makes my head want to explode...where's my duct tape?

NOT pleased wit the last 2 picks. It feels like we are drafting for special teams as well

Taken alone, I don't mind the Reggie Corner pick. This one seems to have 'tossing darts at the draftboard' written all over it. Been wrong before, hopefully I am about this one, too.

Checked out Fine's combine results compared to other TEs (for clues about selection):

5th strongest - according to reps

fastest in 3 cone drill

2nd fastest in 20 yard shuttle

Seems to have quick twitch but not very fast - short yardage option

It does seem as though Kellen Davis must have some serious issues that haven't come out.

Checked out Fine's combine results compared to other TEs (for clues about selection):

5th strongest - according to reps

fastest in 3 cone drill

2nd fastest in 20 yard shuttle

Seems to have quick twitch but not very fast - short yardage option

It does seem as though Kellen Davis must have some serious issues that haven't come out.

guess they figured to get a hybrid TE/FB since all the good TEs are gone and they need an FB. what about woodhead though for FB? he could be our wes welker

He ranked 14 and 20 in the TE's in the two draft guides I have

But at least they are consistant in their analysis of him.......good hands....blocker....plays special teams. Kellen Davis looks like a beast so there is obviously something about him that is turning teams off.

Owen Smit next please

The problem with Davis is that he is on 18 months probation after being charged with aggraveted assault...otherwise your right he looks like what they need as an all around (developmental) TE...

Schmit would be a good pick here...