Was Just Watching McKelvin Clips at the Combine

That is what I am saying.......why in the world would we not want another Winfield....I LOVED the way he played.

i hate to say it, but i think flowers is the "winfield" of this draft.........i hope i'm wrong, but i can't get over how perfect he would have been for our defense

Yes, because we all know that turnovers in the game of football aren't really that important <_<

No, because CB's job is to prevent opponent's WR getting open and force QB to look at other opinions. If a QB kept throwing to the player he covered, it means the CB doesn't do his job even though he may get some interceptions because of bad throws.

That is what I am saying.......why in the world would we not want another Winfield....I LOVED the way he played.

Nobody should confuse the great-tackling Winfield with McKelvin as far as tackling goes. But, I believe McKelvin is a better cover corner than Winfield. Winfield is only slightly above average in that department. Anyone see Minnesota's pass D last year? Horrible!

whatever. picks are nice, but CBs are CBs because they dont have the best hands. i'll take mckelvin's potential to shut down WRs rather than Clements' great hands and mental lapses. if he's in the right position, he will force turnovers, bottomline.

Clements never had great hands. His two best int. season's were 6 int.'s.

Linkage

yea, cause that's the only thing that matters. <_< I like DRC a lot too, def 1B to McKelvin coming into the draft, but to use to logic that INTs make a CB is foolish.

It's a really big thing IMO but can be outweighed by other things and this case I think they do.

Seems odd to me that a guy who catches punts has trouble catching passes. But whatever. I rather have a CB that knocks balls down but rarely catches them than a CB who gets toasted regularly but picks off 4 or 5 balls.

You know the deal with CBs anyway, if they could catch they'd be WRs.

I wondered about that too. Also, my brother once asked me why more CB's weren't good at catching the ball and I told him CB's with great hands are called WR's. :beer:

Linkage

um, 6 INT's is a pretty damn good number.......and he did it twice..........there is nothing wrong with clements hands and they are in fact GREAT.......he's a playmaker

Clements hands were way above average for a CB, and 6 INTs/year is also very solid. What percentage of INTs are incredible catches by CBs anyway? If you're in the right position, anyone will get their fair share of bad passes right to them and tipped balls.

Fine you're right, they are the only thing that matters. Maybe you should send an email to OBD then, insisting to put WRs out on defense so they can get more picks. It seems like you are one of those doom and gloom negative people by nature, but there's no reason to spew garbage on our new 1st round pick already.

George Wilson

How does Ashton Youboty explain himself then since he can neither catch nor tackle? <_< And to think, we were all happy with the "value" we got with that pick in round 3. IIRC Kiper was wetting himself over it.

Clements hands were way above average for a CB, and 6 INTs/year is also very solid. What percentage of INTs are incredible catches by CBs anyway? If you're in the right position, anyone will get their fair share of bad passes right to them and tipped balls.

Right, there's this concept in football called: a team. I know this may be a difficult concept to grasp for some posters here, especially the Fantasy people and the "draft line, me likey folks" no matter how ridiuculous the arguement against.. But, when your team members are doing their job at a high level, chances are you are going to do the same.

I think Jauron said it best in the press conference. If he catches the ball, that's a bonus. If he gets his hands on it and defenses the pass, he's done what we ask him to do. I am skeptical about his ability to catch, but his ability to play the position should not be in question.

Is this a skill that can be worked on by the coaching staff? or is it genetic? <_<

Yes, because we all know that turnovers in the game of football aren't really that important <_<

I'd rather have a guy whos shutdown and shuts down one side of the field.....we already got one in Whitner...If McKelvin can do the same and Ko comes back 100% were gonna have one hell of a secondary....

I think Jauron said it best in the press conference. If he catches the ball, that's a bonus. If he gets his hands on it and defenses the pass, he's done what we ask him to do. I am skeptical about his ability to catch, but his ability to play the position should not be in question.

Yes, how many times did we see Bills' back drop easy interceptions that would have won the game or turned the momentum. This pick is terrible. As good as Winfield was, he was frustrating to watch.

I have a feeling that Cromartie will wind up being the top CB when we look back years from now on this draft. He's a playmaker-ballhawk type.

Cromarite plays the reciever and not the ball, thats why he wont be a top CB in years to come.

Yes, how many times did we see Bills' back drop easy interceptions that would have won the game or turned the momentum. This pick is terrible. As good as Winfield was, he was frustrating to watch.

Yes, this is what I'm afraid of. Anyone remember McGee last year against Denver on opening day drop what would have been the game-winning interception?

have you guys seen the names of the wr's leodis has shut down?

this kid is a monster cb. with one of our outstanding safeties over top we are going to see qb's stare down a covered guy and then get sacked.