OFFICIAL: 3pm is here 2008 Draft Thread

Well...................Looks like Mendenhall fell right into Houston's lap if they want a "Franchise RB" two years after they were maligned for passing on the "almighty" :w00t: Reggie Bush.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PFW's take on the pick:

11. Buffalo — CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy

The Bills' secondary took a big hit when Nate Clements departed a year ago. McKelvin is extremely athletic with great feet and burst and should be able to lock down the big receivers that play in the AFC East the way he did Calvin Johnson earlier in his career. Questions about his intelligence should not be an issue in a very simple defense and when his dynamic return ability is considered, he could bring tremendous value at this spot.

there's no such thing as simple defenses in the NFL when the offenses are so damn complicated. that is the scariest thing ive read about him

there's no such thing as simple defenses in the NFL when the offenses are so damn complicated. that is the scariest thing ive read about him

A CB and RB require the least intelligence on the field. Those positions are all about being an athlete, not so much about brains

Ive heard hims speak, he seems barely literate.

Don't underestimate dumb guys that just do what they're told.

McLovin... get me the ball back. Get me the ball back! I want that Ball!!! AHHHHHHH!

Mckelvins wonderlic 13/34 (13 correct out of 34 answered)

compared to the other DBs:

Antoine Cason 16/28

Tracy Porter 4/23

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 19/38

Leodis McKelvin 13/34

Chevis Jackson 15/30

Charles Godfrey 11/28

D.J. Parker 13/28

DeJuan Tribble 18/33

Travis Williams 4/19

Terrence Wheatley 21/38

At least he's smarter than Vince Young?

Sigh...anybody catching this kid's interview on 'GR? :w00t:

I would have loved a trade down for more picks. All this talk about his return skills in the OBD press conference makes me think of when Cam Cameron announced the Ted Ginn pick...