Ownage captured by Google Maps....

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl....01133&z=17

Click to Zoom Out, then click the N arrow to go up the street, then look at the kid on the bike again. Click the arrow again, then look at the kid again! :D

Also, the look on the guy across the street in front of the peach house is priceless! :lol:

:) How did you find this?

:lol: How did you find this?

Go to googlesightseeing.com. I have the page bookmarked.

They have found that the Stratosphere Tower doesn't exist, but its shadow does!

I have personally seen a few planes in flight around San Jose, CA in google maps.

The zooms are a series of different pictures some times. I use Google maps for work to see where I have to go on a job. For a job I did last week. the closest picture showed the property as vacant land, zoomed out to the next level and it is under construction. Zoom out a little more, and it is finished. It was built in 2005-2006.

Go to googlesightseeing.com. I have the page bookmarked.

They have found that the Stratosphere Tower doesn't exist, but its shadow does!

I have personally seen a few planes in flight around San Jose, CA in google maps.

The zooms are a series of different pictures some times. I use Google maps for work to see where I have to go on a job. For a job I did last week. the closest picture showed the property as vacant land, zoomed out to the next level and it is under construction. Zoom out a little more, and it is finished. It was built in 2005-2006.

Thanks for the sight, I'll check it out.

I must be the only idiot that can't get this to work. When I drag the guy to a street he just pops back to where he started. What am I doing wrong?

Not all streets are "mapped" or photographed. I think you can only drag him to certain streets. If you click on the "Street View" button, the streets that you can mover around on are outlined in blue.

I must be the only idiot that can't get this to work. When I drag the guy to a street he just pops back to where he started. What am I doing wrong?

It took me a few tries too. Just re-read the directions carefully and mess with it until it works. It's best if you go full screen.

Google hired people to take the street view pictures. I have seen a car once. It has panoramic cameras in all 4 directions mounted on the roof. The guy drives around and the pictures are downloaded to a computer in his car. He just was lucky to be passing by at that time. I have seen pictures on the highway where a bus was next to the car and it was just a blur, or if the picture was taken late in the day, the sun washed out that part of the panorama.

They came down the road through the complex where I live and I must have been home that day as I saw my car in its parking space! I know the picture was taken last summer as the hills nearby were all dried out as it is here in the sumer.

BTW, if you go up the street three more times and then turn around again looking back down the street you'll see an ambulance on scene. :thumbsup:

I think that's the postal truck...unless I'm not doing the same thing you are. That would be one hell of a fast ambulance.