WR James Hardy might not get past KC at #17

ans4e64

One of my good friends works for the Indiana football team, and has always told me that Kansas City has been all over their campus, and all over Hardy. Of course, I told him there's no way they pick him at #5, and they are probably looking at him in case he slipped to them in the second round. He always told me he thought the Chiefs would trade down to get him, I told him he was crazy.

Now, KC has the 17th pick from the Vikings, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take him there. Remember, they also have a top 5 pick in the second round, so they can still get a really good offensive lineman or defensive end there if they need.

With Hardy at 17 a possibility, and the Eagles looking at Devon Thomas at 19, a WR at 11 no longer becomes a "reach." If we want either of those receivers, we better stay put and pick him at 11.

Just a thought.

One of my good friends works for the Indiana football team, and has always told me that Kansas City has been all over their campus, and all over Hardy. Of course, I told him there's no way they pick him at #5, and they are probably looking at him in case he slipped to them in the second round. He always told me he thought the Chiefs would trade down to get him, I told him he was crazy.

Now, KC has the 17th pick from the Vikings, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take him there. Remember, they also have a top 5 pick in the second round, so they can still get a really good offensive lineman or defensive end there if they need.

With Hardy at 17 a possibility, and the Eagles looking at Devon Thomas at 19, a WR at 11 no longer becomes a "reach." If we want either of those receivers, we better stay put and pick him at 11.

Just a thought.

Im with you screw this value crap that all the experts spew. There is a reson they work at ESPN and not for an NFL front office, take the guy you want and be done with it

Just a thought.

Bowe is their best young player who they just drafted in the 1st round last year. They have so many other needs.

Just a thought.

I really hope that the bills are working that trade hard with the eagles for their corner and swap of picks.......

And 14 picks right now...

Name another reciever on their roster for me and tell me it wouldnt be a good pick for them

I don't think their goal is to become the Detroit Lions. Look at their roster. They might have the least talented roster in the NFL. You don't build a team with WR's. QB, OT, DE, CB are their most glaring needs.

What would you do about Sheppards contract? He wants Hall type money, & you do know he has been injured more than once right?

Is he as good as Hall....I hear Lito is a pretty good player

You cant take the money with you man.....the Lito, MgGee, and Greer would be very good....with the aquisition of James that would make that group solid....

AND it would solve the problem of taking a wideout too high...you could then take a DE in the 2nd and a TE in the 3rd

Just a thought.

I've been thinking about that for a while now. Take Hardy at #11 and thank the lord that he was overlooked that long...

Neither player would do very much to improve our pass defense production so I doubt (and hope we do not) do this.

yeah, corners don't do much for pass D. that's why every friggen decent FA corner gets bid up to a huge contract, because you understand what every single NFL front office doesn't.

YOU ARE INSANE AND POSSIBLY ON DRUGS!!!!

I don't think their goal is to become the Detroit Lions. Look at their roster. They might have the least talented roster in the NFL. You don't build a team with WR's. QB, OT, DE, CB are their most glaring needs.

I agree with this assessment. The Chiefs might be looking at the #1 overall pick next year.

They need bodies, not skill players. They may use all those picks to load up on the lines.

yeah, corners don't do much for pass D. that's why every friggen decent FA corner gets bid up to a huge contract, because you understand what every single NFL front office doesn't.

YOU ARE INSANE AND POSSIBLY ON DRUGS!!!!

they don't do much for pass D. Why else would Champ Bailey get traded? Why do clubs let Asante Samuel, Nate Clements, Charles Woodson walk? CBs are overrated. If your defense has a jailbreak every time a QB goes back to pass- Johny Unitas could not do anything, even if Chris Watson and JD Williams were the corners

CAPICHE?

Is he as good as Hall....I hear Lito is a pretty good player

You cant take the money with you man.....the Lito, MgGee, and Greer would be very good....with the aquisition of James that would make that group solid....

AND it would solve the problem of taking a wideout too high...you could then take a DE in the 2nd and a TE in the 3rd

I think Hall is overrated & Sheppard may be as good as him, but he is not GREAT, & gets INJURED. That is the reason Philly signed Samuel. There have been reports Philly will CUT him if they can't find a trade partner.

And 14 picks right now...

Name another reciever on their roster for me and tell me it wouldnt be a good pick for them

Bowe was last year's best WR rookie.

Hardy (who broke a few Bowe records) is this year's best rookie.