WR James Hardy might not get past KC at #17

ans4e64

I think Hall is overrated & Sheppard may be as good as him, but he is not GREAT, & gets INJURED. That is the reason Philly signed Samuel. There have been reports Philly will CUT him if they can't find a trade partner.

There is no way Phili is going to cut Lito.....they might not get as good a deal as the Bills trade but they would get something out of it.

I still think it is a good trade. And to be honest out of all the trade scenario's probably has the best chance of happening.

There is no way Phili is going to cut Lito.....they might not get as good a deal as the Bills trade but they would get something out of it.

I still think it is a good trade. And to be honest out of all the trade scenario's probably has the best chance of happening.

The problem with a trade for Lito as I said is the contract. He wants more than he is worth, kind of like Clements. Unless something is going on not being reported, it would be tough to try & get a contract agreed to before the draft. I think it would be crazy for a team to make that trade, absent an agreement in place before the draft. The Eagles are on the hook for a lot of $$ if they keep Shepard, that is why they may cut him if they can't trade him.

Devard Darling...and, YES, they do need another receiver....badly.

Darling was always on the outs in Baltimore. They finally played him a bit last year, and he looked really good. However, he is a "possession" guy like Bowe.

Jeff Webb has wheels and hands, but has issues too.

Bowe was the "best" rookie WR last year largely by default, as Meecham, Gonzalez, Davis, and Jason Hill fought injuries. It is fun to go back and verify what I saw last year. Typical KC play by play drive:

Pass to Bowe - incomplete

Pass to Bowe for 12 yards

Pass to Bowe incomplete

Run

Pass to Bow incomplete

Punt

Do that for six straight possessions and Bowe gets 6 for 72 for the game, and the stat parrots just love him!!!!!!!!!

KC needs a speedy WR, not another "possession" type.

Im with you screw this value crap that all the experts spew. There is a reson they work at ESPN and not for an NFL front office, take the guy you want and be done with it

Indeed, that Bill Walsh guy really did not know what he was doing trading down year after year...

One year he ended up with like five Third Rounders!!! Some losers named Charles Haley etc...

One of my good friends works for the Indiana football team, and has always told me that Kansas City has been all over their campus, and all over Hardy. Of course, I told him there's no way they pick him at #5, and they are probably looking at him in case he slipped to them in the second round. He always told me he thought the Chiefs would trade down to get him, I told him he was crazy.

Now, KC has the 17th pick from the Vikings, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take him there. Remember, they also have a top 5 pick in the second round, so they can still get a really good offensive lineman or defensive end there if they need.

With Hardy at 17 a possibility, and the Eagles looking at Devon Thomas at 19, a WR at 11 no longer becomes a "reach." If we want either of those receivers, we better stay put and pick him at 11.

Just a thought.

Naturally I'm skeptical towards your claims as your source may not be the most credible. However, if this is true, and the Chiefs have need at WR, then I want the Bills to stay at 11 and draft James Hardy.

KC figures to be a major player in the draft, they have so many picks now and can easily move up in the draft. They have six of the first 82 picks!

WR is no longer a reach at pick 11 now.

Draft Hardy please!

I agree with this assessment. The Chiefs might be looking at the #1 overall pick next year.

They need bodies, not skill players. They may use all those picks to load up on the lines.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the chiefs use their 2 1st rd picks on something like Vernon Gholston/Kentwan Balmer or Sedric Ellis/Quentin Groves. Or possibly an ot with the 17th pick and gholston or ellis with the 5th. Unless Matt Ryan falls to 5, then I can see them taking a qb. I highly doubt they'll be using any early picks on wr's. That just doesn't seem like Herm's MO. Only once during his time with the jets did they spend a 1st rd pick on a wr. I just can't see him going wideout. They need a whole new team, sans Dwayne Bowe/Derrick Johnson/Tamba Hali.

Grab Rodgers-Cromartie at #11, trade UP for a WR late and get Sweed or Kelly (if Thomas and Hardy are gone).

I like this scenario better than any other one. Rodgers-Cromatie at 11 and Kelly when we jump back to the end of the 1st. LOVE IT!!!

Bowe is their best young player who they just drafted in the 1st round last year. They have so many other needs.

Name another KC WR that doesnt belong in the cfl? Whats our biggest need? A #2 WR to complement our #1. You don't think they're in the same situation? They have a young QB they HOPE will contribute, they need to get him some weapons to throw too.

I've been thinking about that for a while now. Take Hardy at #11 and thank the lord that he was overlooked that long...

Agreed, I think hardy may have been overlooked also. He's my favorite at WR. I think his size would simply dominate over most CB's.