Some solid hockey on tonight...Two game 7s

RayFinkle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

humm... yeah he's the second coming of P Roy ... ;)

No he's the first coming of Carey Price. Gold Medal winner and MVP, Calder Cup winner and MVP.

I don't expect him to win the cup this year but he has been solid except for perhaps one game out of the entire Bruins series.

Keep cheering for Huet, he's not a bad guy, but Gainey made the right choice.

I don't expect him to win the cup this year but he has been solid except for perhaps one game out of the entire Bruins series.

Price has been exactly what a much-hyped rookie should be - he has been very good in some games, solid in others, and has looked bad in some. He had back-to-back clunkers in the Boston series (Games 5 & 6) leading his coach to make the comment about how their best player has to play like he's the best player.

His regular-season numbers weren't earth-shattering (2.56, .920 over 41 games) so it will be interesting to see if he is truly a franchise goalie that will continue to get better or if he is having success because teams haven't seen a lot of him.

Price has been exactly what a much-hyped rookie should be - he has been very good in some games, solid in others, and has looked bad in some. He had back-to-back clunkers in the Boston series (Games 5 & 6) leading his coach to make the comment about how their best player has to play like he's the best player.

His regular-season numbers weren't earth-shattering (2.56, .920 over 41 games) so it will be interesting to see if he is truly a franchise goalie that will continue to get better or if he is having success because teams haven't seen a lot of him.

Game 5 was horrible. Game 6 on the other hand, most of the goals he had no chance on. Of course don't forget game 7 where he simply stole the show.

2 shutouts in 1 playoff series? We'll see how he does...

So, let's see. Campbell, Brown, Grier, Briere, Biron, and Drury all in the next round. Did I miss anyone?

Aforementioned Stu Barnes, Phillppe Boucher (Dallas), Hasek (Detroit), Jillson (Colorado), Fitzpatrick (Philly), and Conklin (Pittsburgh).

Game 5 was horrible. Game 6 on the other hand, most of the goals he had no chance on. Of course don't forget game 7 where he simply stole the show.

2 shutouts in 1 playoff series? We'll see how he does...

Which goals in Game 6 did he have no chance on? The first one Kessel undresses the Bruins D and then beats Price cleanly from the faceoff circle; Sobotka stickhandled pretty much through the crease and Price just watched him on the second; the third goal was a deflection, which is tough to pin on the goalie; I have no idea what he was doing on the 4th (Kessel's second) goal; the fifth goal was completely on Price, since he left a huge rebound right in front and then got faked to the ice by Sturm.

So one, maybe two goals weren't completely on him. Still gave up four goals in the third period in the third.

And after Game 6 his coach agrees that Price didn't play well:

He had allowed a total of five goals in the first four games, three of which were decided by one goal. Then he lost his touch and gave up four goals in the third period of the next two games - Boston's 5-1 win in Montreal and Saturday's victory.

"Our best player has to be our best player," Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau said when asked about Price's problems.

I'm not saying he has been awful, not by any stretch. He had two bad games late in the series but rebounded with a solid effort in Game 7. But we've seen a lot of goalies get hot in the playoffs and not follow it up for a full season afterwards.

Aforementioned Stu Barnes, Phillppe Boucher (Dallas), Hasek (Detroit), Jillson (Colorado), Fitzpatrick (Philly), and Conklin (Pittsburgh).

And every single team in the league can run off a long list of their former players that are playing for a playoff team right now.

Seeing Jillson on that list brings up a few questions. I can't find anything to suggest that he has spent a single moment with Colorado. It looks like he's even further down their depth chart than he was with us.

Seeing Jillson on that list brings up a few questions. I can't find anything to suggest that he has spent a single moment with Colorado. It looks like he's even further down their depth chart than he was with us.

He spent most of the year (70 games) here in Cleveland with the Lake Erie Monsters, but I don't think he was promoted to Colorado at all this year.

Had to laugh -on the sports radio station here in the Bay Area, the guy was crowing about how game 7 got 4X the normal rating- it got a four. He said that means ~200K people were watching it in an area of ~6 Million. I think the Sabres replay the next morning gets better ratings.

Great win by the Sharks despite the best efforts of Watson and O'Hallaran to keep the Flames in the game by looking the other way as they continued to hack. What is it about the teams in Alberta that make their teams so hack? Anyway, Clowe, Pavalski and Roenick standouts. Thorton not too shabby either. Not sure whats going on in Campbells head though. :D

GO SHARKS!

I was at Game 5 of this series and man the officials were letting the Flames get away with murder. That's all because of Mike Keenan's bitching and moaning about the calls that went against the Flames in Game 2. Even though all the calls that went against the Flames were the right calls. Maybe Keenan should tell his players not to commit penalties. Then they wo'nt get called for it.

Still, I can't believe the officials allowed Keenan to get in their heads.

I agree with you on Campbell, there were times when he looked lost in the series. The Sharks as a whole have got to step up and bring that killer instinct for every game, not when their back is up against the wall. They could have beaten the Flames in 5 games instead of 7, but they get too complacent and very passive, remember Game 6?

The Sharks are loaded with talent. I do'nt think they even realise how good a team they are.

Habs fans... You must be really proud of your fellow fans!

:D:lol::lol:

I was at that game. Most of the people were having a good time partying in the streets. Of course the police should be better prepared to deal with the hooligans if we make it out of this series.

I was at that game. Most of the people were having a good time partying in the streets. Of course the police should be better prepared to deal with the hooligans if we make it out of this series.

Or better yet... There should be no hooligans... Freaking round #1... Gimme a break... These people in MTL rioted in the freaking 1950's...

Nice base!

:D:lol:

Or better yet... There should be no hooligans... Freaking round #1... Gimme a break... These people in MTL rioted in the freaking 1950's...

Nice base!

Not only that, but THE CANADIENS ARE THE #1 SEED. It's not like they completed a major upset- they just took care of business (and it took 7). Why couldn't the Expos ignite this kind of passion?

Nice base!

Well sadly there are. But of course let's paint the same brush on 3 million people for the acts of about 50 people...

Not only that, but THE CANADIENS ARE THE #1 SEED. It's not like they completed a major upset- they just took care of business (and it took 7). Why couldn't the Expos ignite this kind of passion?

Because they haven't been good since 1993. Because there is only hockey here. Because baseball is boring.

A bunch of reasons, people like hockey here. Everyone is on the bandwagon, look at what flames fans were doing after each playoff series.

Because they haven't been good since 1993. Because there is only hockey here. Because baseball is boring.

A bunch of reasons, people like hockey here. Everyone is on the bandwagon, look at what flames fans were doing after each playoff series.

No excuses... At least here in the States they don't start burning police cars TILL they actually win something!

I always thought the Habs were the Yankees of the sports world (franchise long dynasty)... Sure it is a name of a show, but I don't think the Bronx actually burns... ??

No excuses... At least here in the States they don't start burning police cars TILL they actually win something!

I always thought the Habs were the Yankees of the sports world (franchise long dynasty)... Sure it is a name of a show, but I don't think the Bronx actually burns... ??

They were but frustration just got to them. In New York, you have close to 6 franchises. In Montreal, we have one and it's all you hear about.