Some solid hockey on tonight...Two game 7s

RayFinkle

They were but frustration just got to them. In New York, you have close to 6 franchises. In Montreal, we have one and it's all you hear about.

Do you still have the Alouettes? :D

It is the freaking Bruins in the first round... I don't think they are that desperate in BFLO... Oh, well they are Canada's only hope now this year... I'd like to see them take it... They have a Cup in every decade and time is running out for them (same for the Yankees)...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still have the Alouettes? :D

It is the freaking Bruins in the first round... I don't think they are that desperate in BFLO... Oh, well they are Canada's only hope now this year... I'd like to see them take it... They have a Cup in every decade and time is running out for them (same for the Yankees)...

I don't think they will this year. I'm still happy for the way they have grown since last year.

Although much can change from one year to the next.

I was at Game 5 of this series and man the officials were letting the Flames get away with murder. That's all because of Mike Keenan's bitching and moaning about the calls that went against the Flames in Game 2. Even though all the calls that went against the Flames were the right calls. Maybe Keenan should tell his players not to commit penalties. Then they wo'nt get called for it.

Still, I can't believe the officials allowed Keenan to get in their heads.

I agree with you on Campbell, there were times when he looked lost in the series. The Sharks as a whole have got to step up and bring that killer instinct for every game, not when their back is up against the wall. They could have beaten the Flames in 5 games instead of 7, but they get too complacent and very passive, remember Game 6?

The Sharks are loaded with talent. I do'nt think they even realise how good a team they are.

Pretty spot on assessment Mark. I think a lot of what you say about Keenan and the refs is true but I also think the league has a distorted and flawed perspective on officiating the playoffs. They seem to think that not calling anything or swallowing the whistle makes for a fairer outcome. This rationalization has always puzzled me. Are they not deciding a game by letting teams cheat? For example, with the Flames down but not dead yet(due to the nature of this series with teams coming back from large deficits) and JT blatantly slashed and not getting called. Sharks cans score and finish the Flames off. Game decided not by the refs CORRECT call but by the foolish player the slashed Joe. If the Flames are to score after the incorrect non call, this could easily change momentum their way to a possible comeback.

Why is the game put in the hands of some dopey ref? His job is to call infractions whenever and by whomever. STOP! Not make god like judgments on when to do so. In their vigor to not get involved and effect the game they end up distorting outcomes.

The Sharks lack of killer instinct has been a persistent problem as well. Especially since Wilson took over. It really did stretch this series farther than necessary.

The two teams in the entire league I was afraid of going into the playoffs were Calgary and Dallas. Well, one is down. Dallas, imho, is the Stanley Cup series. I can't see any teams from the East getting with the Sharks if they get on a roll and I don't think the Wings are the real deal. Too many euros. Average goal tending.