Draft and Johnson

Have people forgotten last year where he essentially became a #2 WR on the bengals? Remember the game where we played them and he dropped like 3 balls thrown right to him? He isn't worth it, folks. Maybe a 6rd round pick, but nothing higher. He's also a head case with baggage. Why do people insist on promoting stupid things like trading for a moron?

Ok, this is my first post on this topic.

I am all for the idea of getting a "Shutdown" corner in the draft. I have a man-crush on (CB) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. However, you do not need a Top-Flight corner in our defensive scheme. I think our defense has gotten stronger enough with the addition of (DT) Marcus Stroud, (LB) Kawika Mitchell, (DE/DT) Spencer Johnson, and (CB) Will James. (DE) Aaron Schobel is already a Pro-Bowler, (S) Donte Whitner has stepped into his own, as has (LB) Angelo Crowell. Cornerbacks Jabari Greer and Terrance McGee, while being smaller than you would like them to be, are an average tandem. (LB) Paul Posluzny IS going to be an elite player in this league. Defensive Ends Chris Kelsey and Ryan Denney are BOTH quality rotational men. Defensive Tackles John McCargo and Kyle Williams are BOTH young players on the rise. (S) Ko Simpson IF healthy, will be a very good safety. (CB) Ashton Youboty was regarded as a great prospect, he played pretty well last season when he played, and has plenty of unrealized potential. AND, last year with all the injuries, we got to see the potential and talent of such players as, Linebackers John Degiorgio and Keith Ellison, and (S/WR) George Wilson. With all this being said...I would say we are going to be a VERY GOOD defense...more likely next year, than this year. NEXT YEAR...is where you draft that STUD Cornerback, to COMPLETE your defense after it has had a year to jell.

Until then, you focus on building a CORE around your offense. This is where the quote from another poster plays into what I am trying to say here...

You have the makings of a very potent offense. The Offensive Line is solid and could produce two Pro-Bowlers, in Jason Peters and Derrick Dockery. We have one of THE BEST YOUNG Running Backs in the league, in Marshawn Lynch. In Lee Evans, we have a Top-12 Wide Receiver in the league. Our Quarterback Trent Edwards, BOTH of them (J.P. Losman), are young up-and-comers in the league. Although, I give the edge to Trent Edwards, I think J.P. Losman is a piece to the puzzle, in a couple ways (trade or valuable backup). Running Backs Fred Jackson and Dwayne Wright, and Wide Receivers Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed and Justin Jenkins, are all young players who could grow into certain roles on the offense.

Now...the only thing I see that is missing, from giving this offense a young and potent attack, is a STUD, Top-5 Wide Receiver in the NFL.

Chad Johnson is on a team that is declining. He can walk the walk, and back up his talk.

30 years old.

6-1, 192 pounds. (Plays like he is 6-2 or 6-3).

Receiving

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD

2007 Cincinnati Bengals 16 93 1,440 15.5 90.0 70T 8

2006 Cincinnati Bengals 16 87 1,369 15.7 85.6 74T 7

2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 97 1,432 14.8 89.5 70T 9

2004 Cincinnati Bengals 16 95 1,274 13.4 79.6 53T 9

2003 Cincinnati Bengals 16 90 1,355 15.1 84.7 82T 10

2002 Cincinnati Bengals 16 69 1,166 16.9 72.9 72T 5

2001 Cincinnati Bengals 12 28 329 11.8 27.4 28 1 3

TOTAL 108 559 8,365 15.0 77.5 82 49

Those look like very nice stats to me. His attitude ABOUT WINNING, would give our team a little cockiness that you need to win in the NFL. You need to be mentally tough to win. I also think that Chad Johnson would have FUN in Buffalo, with the likes of Marshawn Lynch, Lee Evans and Robert Royal...all guys who have a great sense of humor and personality, and like to have fun, while winning!

I would be all for the Bills trading their 11th overall pick in this weekends draft, to Cincinnati, for (WR) Chad Johnson. Our offense would instantly get better. Our defense would establish itself this year, while our offense jelled and got better. Then next year we could put our defense over the top, with a Top-Flight Cornerback. With a dominant defense, your offense can be average, and you can still win a championship.

The Bills should -

1st Round: Trade for WR Chad Johnson. (Bills 1st, for Johnson and Bengals 4th or 5th).

2nd Round: TE Martellus Bennet (Trade back into the Late 1st if we have to).

3rd Round: CB Zach Bowman (6-2, 200) High Risk/High Reward)

4th Round: FB Owen Schmitt (Next Konrad/Alstott)

4th Round: CB Dwight Lowery (6-1, 185) OR C Steve Justice

5th Round: TE/DE Kellen Davis (Can play both sides of the ball)

6th Round: DE Trevor Scott OR C Jamey Richard

7th Round: CB Jack Ikegwuonu

7th Round: QB/WR Dennis Dixon

7th Round: WR Marcus Monk

You say Chad Johnson WAS a #2 WR? The numbers he put up were better than OUR #1 WR! He is still in his prime and could make this team a playoff team...look at what Randy Moss did. Sure the Patriots only gave up a 5th or 6th Rounder for Moss, but look at the numbers he put up the year or two before that...nowhere near as good as Johnson. We could still fill needs with our remaining picks, as well as trade back into the bottom of the early rounds to get a guy we like or need. He isn't worth it...blah blah blah! He is ONE OF THE BEST IN THE BUISNESS!

A gameplan changing receiver ("Moron") that can put your team into the playoffs...Nah, I don't want him!

common sense says if we are going to trade for Chad we trade back from #11 get extra pciks then trade.

BUT Johnson is too much of a loudmouth and just won't fit in Buffalo IMO. The Bills brass knows this and they won't be pursuing him.

Chad Johnson is the anti-Bill. The guys in the FO, hopefully, don't want him. The Bills want guys who live up to their contracts, don't whine and are team oriented. 1...2...3 Strikes You're Out!!!

Johnson is crying because he wants a bigger contract and he's not living up the one he has now. Just say NO to Johnson on the Bills. :lol:

Also, what happens when he takes up all of our cap space with a huge contract and we cut Angelo Crowell or Lee Evans? Then, other veterans start to take sides against Chad and our management since he ran out the "heart & soul" of the Bills. Also, the same defense and offense that was jelling, now has holes that we need to fill next year with rookies or free agents.

If it were as easy as trading a pick for him, then I'd say that it's worth it, but the reality of the situation is that he's too risky of a pick up for us. With the space he'll take on the cap in addition to his attitude this offseason, I can't see the Bills making a move on him.

Also, what happens when he takes up all of our cap space with a huge contract and we cut Angelo Crowell or Lee Evans? Then, other veterans start to take sides against Chad and our management since he ran out the "heart & soul" of the Bills. Also, the same defense and offense that was jelling, now has holes that we need to fill next year with rookies or free agents.

If it were as easy as trading a pick for him, then I'd say that it's worth it, but the reality of the situation is that he's too risky of a pick up for us. With the space he'll take on the cap in addition to his attitude this offseason, I can't see the Bills making a move on him.

I agree & the same goes for Sheppard. He is OFTEN INJURED, & wants a BIG PAY DAY.

common sense says if we are going to trade for Chad we trade back from #11 get extra pciks then trade.

BUT Johnson is too much of a loudmouth and just won't fit in Buffalo IMO. The Bills brass knows this and they won't be pursuing him.

Bingo. He's not one of the high character players the Bills have been going after the past 3 years.

...but didn't everyone say all of these things about randy moss before NE got him, and it worked out pretty well for them last year, right? well, almost....ha ha 18-1 jerks!

but Randy Moss's biggest problem was that he refused to play for losing teams. If the team is winning he is quiet and the perfect team player, they start to lose and he stops playing and will eventually want out. He told Oakland there were only 2 teams he wanted to go to NE or GB, with NE the top choice because they have been one of the best teams this entire decade.

CJ's teammates have given up on him and are sick and tired of his antics. He is a media whore, and a me first player. Sure he is good, but if he isn't making the highlight reel, he is complaining, and his antics are effecting his team. Bringing in CJ is a TD type move, not the current managements kind of move. He is not a team player, and only plays when he is happy and getting his way. Sure he will sell jerseys and get the Bills on ESPN or the nightly sports shows, but not because the team is so much better, but because of Chads antics on the field, or what he said in a press conference or the locker room.

Chad Johnson is happy when WINNING.

Chad Johnson will help us WIN...therefore Chad Johnson WILL BE HAPPY.

Chad Johnson's statistics and play deserve a BIG PAY DAY. (All he wants is $20 million...that is not a lot for a top-5 WR.)

Lee Evans does NOT have an ego...he would get along great with Chad Johnson.

Would getting national exposure and being on Sportscenter, NFL Live, Nightly Sports Shows, Sunday/Monday Night Football...because of Chad Johnson...be a bad thing for this "Small-Market" team???

Keep him happy by paying him and improving the team (which Cincy is NOT doing)...and he will play out his contract!

All he wants is to WIN...he said so himself on national TV.

I DO NOT see where trading for him would be a bad thing. I am sick of the "HIGH CHARACTER" player crap. High character does NOT win football games...football PLAYERS do! Chad Johnson is a football player...and a damn good one!

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Redskins recently offered their first-round pick in 2008 and their third-rounder in 2009 for Chad Johnson.

The third-rounder could've escalated to a first-rounder based on performance in 2009, but the Redskins were turned down. Mort says this is the first "significant proposal" Cincinnati has received for Chad. There is a chance Washington will up its offer on draft day, but the Bengals aren't budging yet. (per rotoworld)

If this is true, the price tag is WAAAAY to high