The disenfranchisement of a fan.....

ditto. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. And no hopping back on the bandwagon when we start putting it all together. No fair weather fans welcome

what a bunch of crap. we welcome all fans whether they are fair-weathered or not. when we do start putting it together, we all know where who stood when the times were tough. since when were you put in charge of the bandwagon anyways? i guess this is why we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things because you come off like some pompous jerkoff. <_<

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what a bunch of crap. we welcome all fans whether they are fair-weathered or not. when we do start putting it together, we all know where who stood when the times were tough. since when were you put in charge of the bandwagon anyways? i guess this is why we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things because you come off like some pompous jerkoff. <_<

ive never seen you talk about actual football... just losman bashing and this type of BS.

there was a great sabres thread in OTW and "Saburzfan" was too busy arguing with non-existent losman supporters than contribute anything.

get a new hobby dude.

I don't think the Bills will totally move to Toronto. I do think they will gradually shift to the Toronto market more and more and eventually play half of their "home" games there. Similar to what the Packers did years ago in Milwaukee. Only this will be permanent. No reason to be angry,it's professional football,it's all about the money. That's one reason I'm a bigger fan of college football than the NFL. Start watching your football on Saturdays,you'll be much happier.

Because college football isn't about money? <_<:worthy::)

Because college football isn't about money? :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, true, but i agree with the tiger as well. college ball may be all about money, but it hasnt completely ruined the game yet.

i was thinking abut this a couple days ago. there isnt one major league sport that hasnt been ruined by this greed infection. from the league, to the owners, to the players... even down to the fans themselves. its unfortunate but sports at the professional level are horrible.

lol, true, but i agree with the tiger as well. college ball may be all about money, but it hasnt completely ruined the game yet.

Really? How about a playoff? How about more than a handful of decent non-conference games instead of Michigan/Appalachian State or PSU vs Pennsyltucky Tech?

Really? How about a playoff? How about more than a handful of decent non-conference games instead of Michigan/Appalachian State or PSU vs Pennsyltucky Tech?

i like the bowl system (one of the few, i know)

talk to the coaches, they make their schedules.

Aack

Because it's all about money. You're simply not going to schedule teams who can beat you and risk losing out on a BCS Bowl and the big pay day that goes with it. Not when there are little schools who're willing to come to your house and take a beating for what is (for them) a big payday.

I am with you as one who likes the bowl system. I know it's flawed,but it makes every game into a playoff game. When an undefeated Ohio St. team takes on a weak Northwestern team they can't afford to have a let up or bad game because a loss may end their national championship hopes. There can be no "we'll just turn it on in the playoffs" mentality. Every week is a big game,no matter the opponent. And this makes the rivalry games even more special. Yes,money plays a big part in college football,but not to the extenet that it does in the pros,that's why it's called professional football.

Aack

Because it's all about money. You're simply not going to schedule teams who can beat you and risk losing out on a BCS Bowl and the big pay day that goes with it. Not when there are little schools who're willing to come to your house and take a beating for what is (for them) a big payday.

You make good points,money has a big influence. But you are incorrect to say college ball is ALL about money. Tradition and the needs of the student-athelete also play big parts. The NFL on the other hand,is ALL about money. From free agency to stadium deals to the CBA,the list is endless. There is no loyalty from owners OR players. And that's OK. Just understand that going in. I Watch NFL games and enjoy them,I just don't get too emotionally wrapped up in the teams.

You make good points,money has a big influence. But you are incorrect to say college ball is ALL about money. Tradition and the needs of the student-athelete also play big parts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If the NCAA gave 2 ***** about the student athletes, they'd either 1) pay the players for making the universities billions, and 2)give the athletes a fill scholarship that can be used AFTER they finish up their eligibility. Athletes "earning" degrees while playing division 1 football is a complete joke.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If the NCAA gave 2 ***** about the student athletes, they'd either 1) pay the players for making the universities billions, and 2)give the athletes a fill scholarship that can be used AFTER they finish up their eligibility. Athletes "earning" degrees while playing division 1 football is a complete joke.

I don't think getting a free education by playing a sport is a joke. I wish I would have been offered a full ride,and I hope my kids can get one.

Call me a pessimist but its pretty easy to put the pieces together to this tragic story...

The writing is on the wall: the Bills are as good as gone folks.

Let' see:

1) Past ten years of under-achieving.

2) Bills hire a familiar face for PR reasons: Marv.

3) Marv departs 2 years later. Was it public that it was just a two year stint? (Honestly don't know.)

4) Ralph throws Buffalo under the bus two months ago in Toronto.. gives zero reassurance to Bills fans.

5) Bills front office rebuffs any talk about lease; extension and needs - per County Executive

6) Long-time Bills rival - Miami - chosen to play in Toronto - how is this not on purpose? Bills claim they had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I'd rather them just jet now for Toronto and let the pain begin.

It's a disgrace and I simply no longer have any respect for Ralph Wilson.

What rank are you in the Chicken Little Crackhead Brigade? :lol:

:lol:I think you need to get one of those jump to conclusion matts that the character Tom Symkowski (Richard Riehle) invented in the movie office space. See below.

"It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO".

Call me a pessimist but its pretty easy to put the pieces together to this tragic story...

The writing is on the wall: the Bills are as good as gone folks.

Let' see:

1) Past ten years of under-achieving.

2) Bills hire a familiar face for PR reasons: Marv.

3) Marv departs 2 years later. Was it public that it was just a two year stint? (Honestly don't know.)

4) Ralph throws Buffalo under the bus two months ago in Toronto.. gives zero reassurance to Bills fans.

5) Bills front office rebuffs any talk about lease; extension and needs - per County Executive

6) Long-time Bills rival - Miami - chosen to play in Toronto - how is this not on purpose? Bills claim they had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I'd rather them just jet now for Toronto and let the pain begin.

It's a disgrace and I simply no longer have any respect for Ralph Wilson.

It's too bad you went to the trouble to create all this drama when the league made the scheduling decision on what team that the Bills play in Toronto.

You make good points,money has a big influence. But you are incorrect to say college ball is ALL about money. Tradition and the needs of the student-athelete also play big parts.

:lol:

Yeah, let's pretend that "student" athletics is even important to all but a handful of Division I football schools (ND, BC, Service Academies, Stanford, Northwestern, Ivy League). Look at the grad rates for the football factories and tell me just how important education really is.

The NCAA is all about money and there isn't a single decision that I can think of in the last 20 years that is an exception to that.

:lol:

Yeah, let's pretend that "student" athletics is even important to all but a handful of Division I football schools (ND, Stanford, Northwestern, Ivy League). Look at the grad rates for the football factories and tell me just how important education really is.

The NCAA is all about money and there isn't a single decision that I can think of in the last 20 years that is an exception to that.

Division I NCAA baseball cares so much about the student athletes that they started the season later and are making most teams play 5 games per week instead of the usual 3 on weekends.

Black Football Player Graduation Rates/White Football Player Graduation Rates/Difference:

Nebraska 80% 91% -11%

Florida 74% 91% -17%

Miami 63% 83% -20%

Auburn 52% 85% -33%

Michigan 50% 91% -41%

Florida State 48% 75% -27%

Tennessee 47% 92% -45%

Wisconsin 44% 72% -28%

Oklahoma 43% 67% -24%

Arkansas 38% 85% -47%

LSU 37% 73% -36%

Texas 33% 57% -24%

Ohio State 32% 85% -53%

Georgia 24% 72% -48%

Biggest Difference in Grad Rates Between Football Players and All Students: Division I-A (Difference of 15% or more)

Football Players/All Students/Difference

Cal 44%/86%/-42%

Texas 40%/73%/-33%

Georgia 41%/72%/-31%

Virginia 63%/92%/-29%

UCLA 59%/87%/-28%

Michigan State 45%/71%/-26%

USC 55%/80%/-25%

Alabama 44%/62%/-18%

Arizona 39% /66%/-17%

Georgia Tech 55%/71%/-16%

Special shout out to Texas, LSU, OSU, and USC