Offical 2008 Bills Schedule Thread

If it's a relativley mild bright day, They're going to have a decision on their hands.

If it's 65 and sunny....maybe. But seasonal weather would be in the 30s, right? This is a showcase game for the NFL; they want the fans to be comfy too. No way they risk another disaster like in England last year.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the Buffalo-Miami rivalry standing on? The biggest loser in the AFC?

At this point, it is more on the history of the rivalry than the rivalry itself. Of course, given the history, it does not take much to get the fires stoked. Of course, TOR has no appreciation of this history, so for them, its just another game. I would rather have seen the Jets game, the NE game or the Monday niter go to TOR than the Miami game.

We can't call it a rivalry with the Pats* when we always lose by multiple touchdowns. Is there a rivalry between the hammer and the nail?

You mean like how the Bills lost every game to the Dolphins in the 1980's?? How did you think the FIns rivalry started? :huh:

PTR

We can't call it a rivalry with the Pats* when we always lose by multiple touchdowns. Is there a rivalry between the hammer and the nail?

Ask the Pats* fans that were actually fans from the mid-80 to the late 90s. There was no doubt that we, and pretty much the rest of the division, were the hammer and they weren't even a nail, more like a string bean. They act like this 7 year period has been going on since 1970. The Dolphins, on the other hand, have never sucked for such an extended period. In a very short time, it will us v. them for the division all over again, as it has been and should be.

I have said it for 2 years now, and I was right = the Pats did everything they could to make LAST YEAR their final run, and they only came up short by one game. Close, but no cigar. I have also said that they are obviously on the decline, and they agree with me, hence their complete break last year from the strategy they had used successfully for years before that = go out and overpay for FAs rather than drafting and teaching.

Yeah, Roosevelt Colvin is a great example of the Pats future. That was supposed to be the counter to the "Pats LBs are old argument". HAHA!

It's just a matter of putting things in perspective and looking at the entire existence of all the teams. Hell I bet the older folks here could tell us all about the rivalry between us and the Jets for the couple of years when Namath was playing. I was old enough to have to deal with Namath announcing Bills games = "Ya see the Jets would be winning the game right now if the Bills hadn't score those 4 TDs in the first quarter". :huh:

But I bet they would also tell us that even that pales in comparison to the feelings they have for Miami.

Looking at that schedule we need to get off to a strong start in the first half of the season

I just realized something.........The opponents might seem easily but looking at this schedule, it's going to be brutal. 3 out of the first 5 games are away and same with the last 5 weeks. Not only that but after the bye we face the Chargers. Still I see us going 10-6 or 11-5! :huh:

best schedule i've seen in years. and while it seems preposterous that the pats have the weakest strength of schedule, we're not far behind, and most importantly, no teams with a bye week before playing us...that's pretty big.

Looks to me like the NFL gave the Bills a 'compensatory schedule' for all the recent years of BS, always giving the pats a bye before us and generally giving us more than an average number of off-bye opponents.

11-5? Dare I?

Ask the Pats* fans that were actually fans from the mid-80 to the late 90s. There was no doubt that we, and pretty much the rest of the division, were the hammer and they weren't even a nail, more like a string bean. They act like this 7 year period has been going on since 1970. The Dolphins, on the other hand, have never sucked for such an extended period. In a very short time, it will us v. them for the division all over again, as it has been and should be.

Hell I bet the older folks here could tell us all about the rivalry between us and the Jets for the couple of years when Namath was playing. I was old enough to have to deal with Namath announcing Bills games = "Ya see the Jets would be winning the game right now if the Bills hadn't score those 4 TDs in the first quarter". :huh:

But I bet they would also tell us that even that pales in comparison to the feelings they have for Miami.

I'm old so I'll bite: Namath isn't in the HOF by virtue of his career vs. the Bills. Ditto Marino.

Not so for Griese. Thank God for Levy. Shula will 'schoolya!' with his competition committee dirty dealin's. Fish are still the most hated. The rivalry is just dormant because both teams haved sucked recently.

So who's heading to Toronto? Is that game part of your season ticket purchases?

...and by quick you mean 3 years, right?

I remember Dan Marino's prediction the last day of the regular season last year, "I predict the Dolphins will double their win total next season". I thought it was awesome seeing him make fun of his old team.

I just realized something.........The opponents might seem easily but looking at this schedule, it's going to be brutal. 3 out of the first 5 games are away and same with the last 5 weeks. Not only that but after the bye we face the Chargers. Still I see us going 10-6 or 11-5! :huh:

I agree completely. We could be 6-2 at the halfway mark. And if these new Bills are not a cold weather team, having fewer cold weather home dates is good.

PTR

best schedule i've seen in years. and while it seems preposterous that the pats have the weakest strength of schedule, we're not far behind, and most importantly, no teams with a bye week before playing us...that's pretty big.

Looks to me like the NFL gave the Bills a 'compensatory schedule' for all the recent years of BS, always giving the pats a bye before us and generally giving us more than an average number of off-bye opponents.

11-5? Dare I?

Could we just stop with the I cant believe NE has the easiest schedule conspiracy theory? The schedules are preplanned years in advance & the only difference between our schedule & NE schedule is that they get to play the AFC division winners for 2 games(Indy & Pitts) & we get to play the 2nd place teams(Cleve & Jacks). The only reason their schedule is easier then our is because they get to play us twice instead of playing themselves twice. Not to mention playing the jets & phins twice.