• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should put up at least the following stats:

113 completetions/228 attempts (49.6%)

1,340 yards

8 TDs/8 ints

It would also be acceptable if he loses his job to a journeyman midway through the season.

Sorry, this is a thread discussing the Bills starting QB, Trent Edwards. Keep your losman obsession nonsense somewhere else. :sick:

I want to see Trent...

1) improve his red zone performance

2) learn to make good decisions when he audibles

3) protect the football

4) continue to evolve into the leader of this team

5) avoid late, game-changing turnovers...those two or three he had last season were not pretty.

I don't much care about his passing yards, cause I think we're going to be a power running team this season. Trent is supposed to be a very smart player, so I want to see him use the experience of last season to play smarter football this season.

Good post. :sick:

Look I don't understand when one QB completes 62% of passes with 3052 yds and 19 tds and 14 int in his first full year as a starter he is no good but its o.k. if the other does the same .If we only win 7 games in his first year as a starter ,is it going to be Edwards fault if he completes 60%,3000 yds ,20 tds and 15 in.or maybe bad coaching and not enough talent around him.If Edwards does throw for what I wrote I think he had a good year and will feel good about him in the future.I just hope they have a better play calling this year.take more chances in the red zone.Only bad thing know is the other teams will have film on him know.

I will take those numbers as a stretch goal for TE in his second year. I also want to see improvement in his play under poor weather conditions (gloves or not).

In case you missed it those were JP's numbers his first full year as a starter if he plays that well this team could sneak into the playoffs

If he doubles his output in the redzone that should get us into the lower 25% of the league. :rolleyes:

Very true. Imagine just how bad an experienced quarterback would have to be to lose his job to someone this bad. Featherdusters should count for something, right? I mean wtf????? :thumbsup:

17-28 215 yds 2 TDs 1 Int

Does that really look imposiible with a new OC, an offense tailored to Edwards, and 2 WRs and a TE drafted in the first 4 rounds?

Hey I hope you are right.....but 2 passing TD's a game over a 16 game season seems high with a young QB and a conservative offense, and who knows what we will get in the draft?

Go Bills!

Hey I hope you are right.....but 2 passing TD's a game over a 16 game season seems high with a young QB and a conservative offense, and who knows what we will get in the draft?

Go Bills!

I know that is asking a lot, but I really believe Edwards is 20% Peyton, 40% Brady, and 40% Pennington. We just need to hope it's a good blend of all 3.

Turk and Modrak already sat down with Jauron at Applebees. They ordered him a Fuzzy Navel and told the waitress to keep'em coming. They then went on to tell Jauron that Edwards is going to run a modified no-huddle and that the Bills are drafting offense with 4 of their first 5 picks. After drink #3, Jauron signed off on it.

Marv, no huddle, Levy was the most conservative HC when he took over at KC. His team ran the Wing-T. Why? Because he thought that with the talent he had it gave him the best chance to win. As he got better players he became less conservative.

The Bills have had a lot of rookies on it over the past two years and the conservative way is the best way to win with an inexperienced team. I think as the team matures the gloves will come off. I think he's doing things right so far. Fairchild was a wazoo last year and was too conservative but I think Jauron, coming from a D backround, puts more trust in his OC to run things. Hopefully Schonert is a better OC than QB coach.

Bingo. How can nobody else see this? Jauron has never had a QB, or any talent on offense to work with. Makes sense to throw it 30 times a game in that situation.... :rolleyes:

Bingo. How can nobody else see this? Jauron has never had a QB, or any talent on offense to work with. Makes sense to throw it 30 times a game in that situation.... :rolleyes:

You're betting that Jauron will loosen up as the Bills get more offensive talent? I hope you're right, but after watching in Chicago here for several years and seeing what he has done thus far in Buffalo plus listening to him during his Press conferences, I see no evidence of this leopard (or should I say kitty cat) changing his spots. He's conservative and risk averse to the core. Even his approach to defense. As long as he keeps pushing the dump it down and take what the defense gives you play the percentages and don't put your QB at risk chicken shyt offense, expect other teams defenses to play up tight to the line of scrimmage, not respect the big play and make it hard for the Bills to run the ball also. Edwards is a perfect fit for this. Not one set of balls between the two of them IMO.

Very true. Imagine just how bad an experienced quarterback would have to be to lose his job to someone this bad. Featherdusters should count for something, right? I mean wtf????? :rolleyes:

Cut it with the losman sh--. this thread is about edwards. no one wants you polluting a good thread with your crap. Dont you have DBs or the 06 to draft to B word about? its been almost 2 whole hours since you've done so.

Cut it with the losman sh--. this thread is about edwards. no one wants you polluting a good thread with your crap. Dont you have DBs or the 06 to draft to B word about? its been almost 2 whole hours since you've done so.

Even if you have a hard on for Edwards, threads about him or Losman will almost always be connected with the other guy not in the subject area. The fact is that a decent amount of Bills fans still favor Losman, so quit whining everytime his name comes up until Edwards leads us to the playoffs.