[closed]i Have a question for expert

I'll weigh in, but sans the "expert" title. I believe that the restructured offense will be tailor made for his strengths, especially after announcing that he is their guy! A huge tip off on the style was mentioned this week, IIRC, where the Bills made it known that they will introduce 3 step drops to aid in Trent Edwards' presnap reads. The recognition for him MUST be there, IMO, because the 3 step drop is a quick hitting attack! Welcome to the world of slants by our WR's, especially if the reads are reactionary (audibles) to a blitz pickup prior to the snap. The audibles are also a key to where they want to take TE, going forward! I, personally, want a more sound scheme to attack in the red zone!!!

This a question about Trent. Not JP so please leave that out of this thread

Why do you think Trent Edwards is the best QB for this team?

if you're going to ask him this, you have no choice but to include Losman in the conversation for comparisons. for somebody who doesn't want to hear what ExpertOpinion has to say, you sure are egging on the situation. then what? when you don't agree with him, you're going to call him a troll? the Mods should close/delete this thread as well. :sick:

if you're going to ask him this, you have no choice but to include Losman in the conversation for comparisons. for somebody who doesn't want to hear what ExpertOpinion has to say, you sure are egging on the situation. then what? when you don't agree with him, you're going to call him a troll? the Mods should close/delete this thread as well. :sick:

I'm not going to call him a troll. I want to have a discussion with him about Edwards. He has alot to say on JP but nothing on Edwards, i want to understand his stance and why we are better with Trent. Its a question

Edwards has better field vision, a faster release, can read defenses better and has a better touch pass. All of that was developed by playing one of the most godawful offensive lines in college football. I also think he's smarter than Losman.

I think he will develop a lot quicker than Losman. I think we'll see good games, great games and horrid games from him this year. It's part of the growing process. In 2009 he'll be on the verge of becoming great. The only real concern I have about him is his durability. He added a lot of muscle in the offseason and hopefully that will help him stay healthy.

That's my opinion. I wouldn't call myself an expert though.

Edwards has better field vision, a faster release, can read defenses better and has a better touch pass. All of that was developed by playing one of the most godawful offensive lines in college football. I also think he's smarter than Losman.

I think he will develop a lot quicker than Losman. I think we'll see good games, great games and horrid games from him this year. It's part of the growing process. In 2009 he'll be on the verge of becoming great. The only real concern I have about him is his durability. He added a lot of muscle in the offseason and hopefully that will help him stay healthy.

:sick:

Sorry, but I think NFL defenses caught up with Trent. That showed up those last three games. Defenses love the checkdown QB and will let Trent do that all game long because they know he won't put up the six points when he gets to the red zone. They also love the fact that he tips off running plays with the fake audibles. That wasn't very smart. I'd rather have the QB that can score from anywhere on the field which is Losman.

Sorry, but I think NFL defenses caught up with Trent. That showed up those last three games. Defenses love the checkdown QB and will let Trent do that all game long because they know he won't put up the six points when he gets to the red zone. They also love the fact that he tips off running plays with the fake audibles. That wasn't very smart. I'd rather have the QB that can score from anywhere on the field which is Losman.

This sucker says hi

"Lee Evans, 70 yd pass from Trent Edwards (Rian Lindell kick is good), 12:46. Drive: 6 plays, 85 yards in 3:12"

Your schitt is getting old.....do you just copy and paste it each time? You keep saying that JP could do this and JP could do that, when did he do all this magic? It wasn't TE tipping off the D it was the play calling and I think you will see that this season if you can get your head out of JP's ass.

Go Bills!

I am no Trent fan by any means (yet), but I am interested to see this offense with EITHER QB being able to audible at the line like the rest of the league.

But of course any gains made by audibles may be offset over the course of a full season by us taking the plunge YET AGAIN with a first time OC. I hate watching an offense that is giving its coaches on-the-job training.

You have hit nail on head IMO. A defensive coordinator that can plan to rush an extra player or two knowing that the QB will read the blitz and throw short is a happy defensive coordinator. As a defense they don't have to fear getting beat deep which means the defense can move up toward the line of scrimmage and cover the short stuff. Helps to defend the run game too. If you watch a Colts game, the defensive alignments that play against the Colts offense look a lot different than what the Bills face. They're playing off the line of scrimmage defending the deep ball because they know if they send the kitchen sink at Peyton and don't get to him, he'll chuck a 30 yarder to Marvin or one of the other guys (which includes the tight end going deep at times). As long as the Bills want to play the checkdown keep it close to the line of scrimmage chicken shyt passing offense, expect very little daylight for Marshawn in the running game. This is Dick Jauron football. He plays cautious on both sides of the ball. Conservsative (not an attacking style) offense, and stay back don't rush too many players and don't press the receivers defense. This IMO gives the opponent an advantage on both sides of the football. Certainly if you're going to play more aggressively you have to have the personnel to do that and the Bills may not have that talent yet, but even if/when they do have that talent, don't expect Dicky to change his stripes. I don't think there is a more conservative, cautious, risk averse coach in the NFL and not taking risks is risky in the game of football. Trent's abilities seem to be a good fit for this cautious style.

i'd rather have a QB who can win games, which is NOT Losman.

Sorry, but I think NFL defenses caught up with Trent. That showed up those last three games. Defenses love the checkdown QB and will let Trent do that all game long because they know he won't put up the six points when he gets to the red zone. They also love the fact that he tips off running plays with the fake audibles. That wasn't very smart.

This is all true. Even the announcers picked up on his fake audibles. i hope that wasnt Trent making the decision to do that. It went from bad to worse very quickly.

i'd rather have a QB who can win games, which is NOT Losman.

Make a written note for yourself of all the bad things you feel about JP as a QB. Put it in a safe place where you can find it in a several years. Keep track of his career wherever he goes. At the end of his career, find your note and read it. I think you're in for a surprise.

This is all true. Even the announcers picked up on his fake audibles. i hope that wasnt Trent making the decision to do that. It went from bad to worse very quickly.

I watch every play, and I read threads and articles on this site almost daily. Why have I never heard this knock on Tredwards before about fake audibles? I have to watch most games at the bars, so I don't hear the commentary, but I've never heard anyone say anything about this before. I also have admittedly limited football knowledge. Can someone enlighten me as to what this about?

Make a written note for yourself of all the bad things you feel about JP as a QB. Put it in a safe place where you can find it in a several years. Keep track of his career wherever he goes. At the end of his career, find your note and read it. I think you're in for a surprise.

i did that with Robosack. i wasn't surprised and i doubt i'll be surprised with this chump.