For Howard Stern Listeners

The Poojer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the rest of you, but I got chills listening to that this morning. Artie's anger was very real and in the few seconds while there was nothing but crashing and scuffling and Robin screaming, it was frightening. For all we knew, Teddy could've been getting his face beaten in. In the past, Teddy had always come across as kind of a dopey d-bag, but hearing him practically crying afterward was upsetting. It's hard not to feel sad/disappointed in/confused about Artie too...I love the guy, I hope he's not done. I can't believe they won't at least suspend him though.

For those who stuck around, the interview with Jason Reitman was pretty good too, I thought.

Haven't followed since the move to Sirius, any chance Jackie takes his old seat back?

geeze hope that never happens. Jackie was/is unfunny as it gets. Jackies Joke Hunt is perfect for him. Keep it there.

geeze hope that never happens. Jackie was/is unfunny as it gets. Jackies Joke Hunt is perfect for him. Keep it there.

No chance. He's a part of the past. Artie showed what a real comic in that seat brings. Fitzsimmons, Levy, others would be good. They'll probably do another round of auditions like they did with Artie.

Really makes me sad. Artie's a hard guy not to like but when out of control moves to violence, it's over. Maybe he can turn himself around, but he may never have this kind of success again.

No chance. He's a part of the past. Artie showed what a real comic in that seat brings. Fitzsimmons, Levy, others would be good. They'll probably do another round of auditions like they did with Artie.

Really makes me sad. Artie's a hard guy not to like but when out of control moves to violence, it's over. Maybe he can turn himself around, but he may never have this kind of success again.

Fitzsimmons would be a great choice imho. I agree with you on Artie not having a chance like this again. It's hard to understand how people can't stand success. Artie has been heading downhill for a while now. Confessed heroin problem. Missing days at work. Coming in and actually falling asleep and his general appearance/health is alarming. It's sad but I'm actually worried for the guys life.

my god was his sleeping session yesterday hilarious. he fell off the fricking bed and still went on to sleep for another half hour or so.....robin and howard were cracking up.....

Fitzsimmons would be a great choice imho. I agree with you on Artie not having a chance like this again. It's hard to understand how people can't stand success. Artie has been heading downhill for a while now. Confessed heroin problem. Missing days at work. Coming in and actually falling asleep and his general appearance/health is alarming. It's sad but I'm actually worried for the guys life.

The audio of the buildup, the explosion, and the post mortem, in 3 parts, in order.

Thanks for those, I only caught the very end of the fight this morning when Artie walked out. This likely the spells the end of Artie on the Stern show unfortunately.

Howard is a POS. He totally egged this all on and Artie is right, Howard loves this stuff. Now I'm not going to defend Artie because he definitely F'd up but Howard knows stuff like this can happen and enjoys other people suffering and will do anything for ratings/attention so he shouldn't play it off like he is 100% innocent here.

Howard is a POS. He totally egged this all on and Artie is right, Howard loves this stuff. Now I'm not going to defend Artie because he definitely F'd up but Howard knows stuff like this can happen and enjoys other people suffering and will do anything for ratings/attention so he shouldn't play it off like he is 100% innocent here.

Right. He's egged on 10000 fights in 20 years and this is the first time a show-regular got violent. It's great radio but people in every environment need to know where the line is. Artie went from yelling and angry (even cracking jokes while he's yelling) to completely insane in about 1 second. Hard to blame Howard for that--especially since Howard has been doing EXACTLY this same thing for his entire career.

Howard loves the verbal fighting, ie, it's good radio. Howard doesn't want violence.

Right. He's egged on 10000 fights in 20 years and this is the first time a show-regular got violent. It's great radio but people in every environment need to know where the line is. Artie went from yelling and angry (even cracking jokes while he's yelling) to completely insane in about 1 second. Hard to blame Howard for that--especially since Howard has been doing EXACTLY this same thing for his entire career.

Howard loves the verbal fighting, ie, it's good radio. Howard doesn't want violence.

Artie knows the deal on the show. Conflict is really, the core of the broadcast. There is a line and Artie blew it away. I can't believe how cruel he got. Even though Artie is justified in feeling like he is being used, but he should have got rid of the guy a long time ago. No reason to go where he did with the guy. He is completely responsible for his actions. No way he can blame Howard for his insanity.

Artie knows the deal on the show. Conflict is really, the core of the broadcast. There is a line and Artie blew it away. I can't believe how cruel he got. Even though Artie is justified in feeling like he is being used, but he should have got rid of the guy a long time ago. No reason to go where he did with the guy. He is completely responsible for his actions. No way he can blame Howard for his insanity.

If this wasn't a set up (and if it was, it was one hell of a good one), don't be surprised if you hear that Artie off'd himself over this next week. I'm pretty sure they're on vacation all next week.

Artie really is a very sad person

Artie really is a very sad person

Man, I listen almost every day, and he seems to be getting worse and worse every day with some sort of pent up, repressed anger. Something bad is going to happen to him soon.