Wire comments on Shaw

Dan III

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=0540

"It makes a strong statement and opened some guys eyes. It lets you know that each day you come to work your job is on the line and you can't take anything for granted. You just can't take a day off in this league."

Not a day Coy, you can't take a single play off. We are 0-4 and there is no tomorrow.

And that one statement my friends is exactly why releasing Shaw was the right thing to do for this team. I could care less if he goes to New England and catches 75 balls now. The Bills need to get rid of players who are part of the cycle of losing. They need new blood.

The Bills need to get rid of players who are part of the cycle of losing. They need new blood.

70754[/snapback]

Is Shaw anymore of a loser than the other failures we have on this team that suit up every damn day?

What you're saying is they should shitcan the entire team cause they are all a bunch of losers.

Is Shaw anymore of a loser than the other failures we have on this team that suit up every damn day?

What you're saying is they should shitcan the entire team cause they are all a bunch of losers.

70761[/snapback]

I'd settle for 20-25%. :w00t:

70761[/snapback]

Obviously you can't change the whole team. But they need to start phasing in some new players at starter or depth positions like they are doing.

Obviously you can't change the whole team.  But they need to start phasing in some new players at starter or depth positions like they are doing.

70810[/snapback]

Phasing in new players? Like whom?

This move was made for one reason and one reason only .... to get the players attention and remind them of their mortaility as a Bills player.

If the team wanted to phase in a new WR (ie Aiken) they could have simply demoted Shaw down another spot on the depth chart and kept him around just in case Aiken doesn't work out or in case an injury situation causes problems at the WR spot. They didn't NEED to cut him for any reason other than it sent a message to the other players on the team that they had best shape up or they'll be shipped out too.

Now that's all well and good to do. But, I wonder why it needed to come to this point? Could the staff not have gotten the teams attention any other way? If not, then something is seriously wrong with them as coaches and motivators.

Phasing in new players?  Like whom?

This move was made for one reason and one reason only .... to get the players attention and remind them of their mortaility as a Bills player.

If the team wanted to phase in a new WR (ie Aiken) they could have simply demoted Shaw down another spot on the depth chart and kept him around just in case Aiken doesn't work out or in case an injury situation causes problems at the WR spot. They didn't NEED to cut him for any reason other than it sent a message to the other players on the team that they had best shape up or they'll be shipped out too.

Now that's all well and good to do.  But, I wonder why it needed to come to this point?  Could the staff not have gotten the teams attention any other way?  If not, then something is seriously wrong with them as coaches and motivators.

70825[/snapback]

So would dumping Drew Haddad from the practice squad instead of Shaw make you feel any better? I don't get where you're going with this? Yes, this move was to get players attention. Yes, they need to phase in some new players. Yes, they need to do anyting they can to start winning. I don't think the loss of Shaw will hurt them at all. They've lost plenty with him, they can lose without him.

It's simple, if you are a WR and show a fairly consistent pattern of not adjusting your routes based on hot reads when the opponent blitzes, you're gonna be gone sooner or later. (this evidenced when the ball Hit Shaw in the back in the Jets game).

So would dumping Drew Haddad from the practice squad instead of Shaw make you feel any better?  I don't get where you're going with this?  Yes, this move was to get players attention. Yes, they need to phase in some new players.  Yes, they need to do anyting they can to start winning.  I don't think the loss of Shaw will hurt them at all.  They've lost plenty with him, they can lose without him.

70850[/snapback]

They also have lost plenty with a ton of other players on this team. Shaw is not the primary reason why this team sucks right now and has for 5 years running!

And the Bills didn't cut Shaw because they have this great Haddad kid waiting in thw wings and the onlyw ay they could play him is to cut Shaw! If they feel Haddad has ability then bring him up to the big squad and sit Shaw, or make him inactive.

My point is this move was done with just one puropse in mind ... to make a point that things had better change around here or else you get shittcanned. And the point was made at Shaw's expense. But it could just as easily have been made at any number of the other 52 underachieving players on thsi team.

I wonder and worry why the staff even had to do this in the first place! Can they not get the attention of the players any other way but to cut a serviceable player? It sure as hell doesn't seem like they can. And that's not good.

What's next if we lose to Miami? Cut someone else in order to make an example of him?

If they really wanted to make an example that would get the players attention they should have fired Donahoe.

It's simple, if you are a WR and show a fairly consistent pattern of not adjusting your routes based on hot reads when the opponent blitzes, you're gonna be gone sooner or later. (this evidenced when the ball Hit Shaw in the back in the Jets game).

70864[/snapback]

So why isn't Moulds gone? Or Reed?

Or why isn't MM gone for being a clueless HC. Or Donahoe for being out of his league as a GM in this league. Or Drew for being a stiff these last 18 months plus. Or Henry and McGahee for not runing the proper routes on a critical play that might have won us a game against the world champs? Or Spikes for being a major disappointment. Or Flecther for being a boneheaded player. Or , take your friggen pick?

Why Shaw? Easy. Because he's not a superstar player who is making a ton of money and he's an easy player to be made an example of because this lousy coaching staff can't find any other way to motivate this bunch of losers we have.

In addition to not taking any days off, you also should be good at what you do.  Right, Coy?

70705[/snapback]

I would take 'competent' at this point...

70761[/snapback]

More of a loser? More than some, less than others, but could he dance!!! Especially after 7 yard receptions while the team is getting brutalized. :w00t:

It was a great move imo.

More of a loser? More than some, less than others, but could he dance!!! Especially after 7 yard receptions while the team is getting brutalized.  :w00t:

It was a great move imo.

70881[/snapback]

If it was such a great move why then didn't you suggest it prior to it happening?