I like the newest Draft Tek Sim

RD#1 Derrick Harvey DE

RD#2 James Hardy WR -- Tallest

RD#3 Brad Cottam TE

RD#4 Paul Hubbard WR --- Best blocker

RD#4 Owen Schmitt FB --- Cult following

RD#5 Kory Lichtensteiger OC

RD#6 Jack Ikegwuonu CB ---Likely on IR in 08, but could be RD1 value in 09

Not a fan of drafting fullbacks, but otherwise that would solve our biggest needs right off the bat. If it went down that way. I wouldn't complain one bit. Cottam although he didnt start much. Is a good athlete who could develop into a good pro player.

Chris Landry was asked about Owen Schmitt yesterday on WDAE (Tampa), He said he would be a great player, but would probably not go before the 4th round due to supply & demand. Not that many teams use a fullback anymore.

Not a fan of drafting fullbacks, but otherwise that would solve our biggest needs right off the bat. If it went down that way. I wouldn't complain one bit. Cottam although he didnt start much. Is a good athlete who could develop into a good pro player.

getting owen schmitt in the 4th would be a steal. the kid is a beast.

that would be a killer draft for us.

getting owen schmitt in the 4th would be a steal. the kid is a beast.

that would be a killer draft for us.

Like I said I would not complain in the least. Schmitt is a tenacious lead blocker. If that's the kind of O the bills want to run, with a traditional fullback. Then go for it. You know what you're getting with him. For me I'm more of a fan, of the Larry Centers type fb, compared to the traditional fullback. I wouldn't lose sleep over it though. Knowing some heads were gonna be busted in the 08 season. :censored:

Like I said I would not complain in the least. Schmitt is a tenacious lead blocker. If that's the kind of O the bills want to run, with a traditional fullback. Then go for it. You know what you're getting with him. For me I'm more of a fan, of the Larry Centers type fb, compared to the traditional fullback. I wouldn't lose sleep over it though. Knowing some heads were gonna be busted in the 08 season. :devil:

I have never seen him play, but have heard he can CATCH the ball. :censored:

I have never seen him play, but have heard he can CATCH the ball. :censored:

and arguably the best CATCHING FB (Larry Centers) was originally a 5th Round pick. The fact is FBs aren't in high demand like they used to be. While I suspect the Bills will be running more of a WCO type offense with Schonert I'm not sure I'd be sold on taking Shmidt unless we can get him in Round 4 or later.

Perhaps the steal of that draft would be I-Keg in the 6th. He was a solid first round prospect when he had his ACL tear. If we pulled a McGahee with that guy, we'd have 6 stars from the '08 draft.

RD#1 Derrick Harvey DE

RD#3 Brad Cottam TE

Like Round 1and 2 alot. The rest is good but it would depend on who was there before these picks. :censored:

RD#1 Derrick Harvey DE

RD#3 Brad Cottam TE

I like this one a lot. Harvey, Hardy, Schmitt, Lichtensteiger - I like all of these, 4th round is a little high for a FB, but whatever

Cottam, Hubbard and Ikegwuonu are all pretty risky picks though. Cottam couldn't stay healthy in college and has almost no track record (21 receptions in his entire college career). Hubbard has all the physical tools, but has atrocious hands and not great route running skills. I don't know how he'd contribute in the near future - it probably won't be on offense though. And Ikegwuonu is also risky obviously with the serious injury. Good value but your not getting anything from him for a year at least .

Does not Schmitt have concussion problems?. If so I would look at another option.

i keep seeing this referenced but have never heard it outside of Bills fan forums. I just did a google search, and the top result for - Owen Schmitt concussions - was Bills fan sites.

Cottam and Hubbard are the two picks that I really do not like. Both are workout warriors with great test numbers, but neither have done anything as receivers on the field. I could do without the FB in R4 as well, but that's where he'll probably go.

The rest of it is OK. I'm actually not anti-Derrick Harvey, and I could live with it, but I think it'll be 2-3 years before you see any real return on that investment and the upside isn't tremendously high. Hardy? Good pick, but based on averages over the years, he probably won't be there (usually pick 41 nets the 6th or 7th WR off the board).

RD#1 Derrick Harvey DE

RD#3 Brad Cottam TE

That would definetly appear to give our O the boost it needs.