let's sign chris henry

i know the character thing blah blah blah. but i always thought when he was playing he was the best WR bengals had ... that's right better than ocho and the other guy with an impossible name to spell. look what smartest team in the league did w/ moss, getting him for nothing and holding all the options to release him. we should do the same. we desperately need to add quality, experienced WRs and it's time to take a chance on someone like Henry. i think he's a good guy that would make the most of a 2nd chance, and thrive in a more toned city like buffalo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I see my usual 'no' response has been taken and repeated, so I'll bite:

Do you think DJ can reign this guy in? Or maybe a better question is: this guy now officially has lost it all, does that mean we can sign him for league minimum and chuck him at the first sign of trouble? Will he respond to the reality he now finds himself in? Or will he continue to delude himself?

Perhaps the most important question: given this new arrest, but at the same time his immediate release, can Goddell suspend him if he's not on a roster? If he can, I imagine he will, and after this last time, I don't see how the suspension isn't for this whole year per Pac Man Idiot.

So I guess the final question is: if he is suspended for the year, why bother signing him this year at all? Is it even feasible?

i know the character thing blah blah blah. but i always thought when he was playing he was the best WR bengals had ... that's right better than ocho and the other guy with an impossible name to spell. look what smartest team in the league did w/ moss, getting him for nothing and holding all the options to release him. we should do the same. we desperately need to add quality, experienced WRs and it's time to take a chance on someone like Henry. i think he's a good guy that would make the most of a 2nd chance, and thrive in a more toned city like buffalo

I don't think you realize that the league is going to indefinitely suspend him soon.

As pointed out before check this link

Let's pick him up! I'm sure with some counseling and encouragement, he can fit in nicely with the Bills!! :P

You're supposed to start a thread with a title like; "Henry released by Bungles. Should we get him?"

:lol:

How about.....The Warriors 2

Judge calls him "one-man crime wave".

What a POS! Who is gonna be the first idiot to suggest we sign this thug?

I've heard of him!

:worthy:

Since he'll probably get at least a years suspension what's the point of this thread? ;)

Nice try.

For the record though, this would be his 6th chance.

Moss is an !@#$, but his problems don't approach Henry's. And Henry's talent doesn't approach Moss's.

While I think the "no" posts are pretty dead-on, I'm more disturbed that you think he's better than Johnson or Houshmanzedah. :P

Now wait a minute. You may be on to something here. We could sign Henry and bring in the Charles Manson to mentor this kid. Things might be Helter Skelter for a while but everyone deserves another shot, right?