Preseason Schedule Released

Pretty cool that we are the first team to play in the colts new stadium. And preseason or not, it's always nice to get a nationaly televised game.

NFL Network is not national TV.

Chris Brown says it will be locally televised as well.

Great! :devil:

I think we are all so desperate for Bills football that the preseason sounds exciting.

:lol: Too true.

I suppose your right, they should of probably considered it. I guess when your trying to break thru as a program(& mkae no mistake about it, this might be a breakthru year for UB) you need every advantage you can get. It would not of killed them to schedule the preseason game on friday.

The NFL tries to avoid scheduling Friday games to keep HS football games well attended.

I know no one here cares about UB football, but yes it's a big deal. UB just had their best season of college football ever, and the have one of the rising coaching stars in the NCAA. They expect to go to a bowl game this year, and they have been trying to market to Buffalo football fans. So how are they supposed to draw 30,000 with a Bills game at the same time?

Yes, UB attendance is like 10-12,000, but maybe they'd like to get some more, especially since they don't suck anymore.

EDIT: WGR just discussed this. It seems that the Bills can likely only play on a Thursday since it's the last pre-season weekend. Schopp did wonder if this was the Bills trying to stick it to UB, but now it looks like they had little choice. I hope UB can move to Friday. They deserve a big crowd. If not, I'll be at the UB game.

PTR

Why would the Bills want to stick it to UB.

In the last six years, they've always played the last preseason game against Detroit, and five of those games were scheduled for Thursday of that week. Probably didn't bother looking at the UB schedule.

The NFL tries to avoid scheduling Friday games to keep HS football games well attended.

Do NYS preps start before Labor Day now? They never used to.

Last year, all but two of the league's 16 games that week were scheduled for Thursday, the other two on Friday, to:

--avoid running into Labor Day weekend, and

--give teams more time to make their decisions before the final cutdown.

Oh, that's effin' great! They schedule the ONLY home pre-season game right up against UB's home opener vs. UTEP!! Way to crap on the regions only major football program.

PTR

I doubt if the Bills had much say in it. Considering the NFL always ends preseason that week and almost all teams play on Thursday the final week to prepare for the season and final cuts, I would say UB is the one at fault here. They should have known the Bills would most likely play that Thursday and schedule their home opener on Friday or Saturday.

Does it really matter guys? Seriously, does it really fuggin matter?

As a season ticket holder for the past 6 years, who lost not 1, but 2 !@#$ing home games this year, yes it does. You'd figure they would have at least thrown us a !@#$ing bone for losing 2 games, but no...they gave us the crappiest game of the pre-season and it's against the Detroit Lions! WTF! Way to crap on the season ticket holders even more! :lol::devil:

Okay, I haven't had much time to peruse the internet today...somebody, please tell me, is the pre-season game, played in Toronto going to natioanlly televised, say, on ESPN or CBS? Everything I have seen says it is nationally televised, but lists WKBW as the broadcaster for the game...what gives? Is it only recieving a local broadcast?

Okay, I haven't had much time to peruse the internet today...somebody, please tell me, is the pre-season game, played in Toronto going to natioanlly televised, say, on ESPN or CBS? Everything I have seen says it is nationally televised, but lists WKBW as the broadcaster for the game...what gives? Is it only recieving a local broadcast?

WKBW owns the local rights to all the preseason games, but as of right now, the schedule I'm looking at does NOT list it as a national game:

WEEK 2 – AUGUST 14-18

Carolina at Philadelphia (FOX, 8/14)

Oakland at Tennessee (FOX, 8/16)

New England at Tampa Bay (NFLN, 8/17)

Cleveland at NY Giants (ESPN, 8/18)

Arizona at Kansas City

Chicago at Seattle

Dallas at Denver

Detroit at Cincinnati

Green Bay at San Francisco

Houston at New Orleans

Indianapolis at Atlanta

Miami at Jacksonville

Minnesota at Baltimore

Pittsburgh at Buffalo (Toronto)

San Diego at St. Louis

Washington at NY Jets

I'd love to, but I rent an apartment and dishes aren't allowed.

Only ugly women? :worthy:

As a season ticket holder for the past 6 years, who lost not 1, but 2 !@#$ing home games this year, yes it does. You'd figure they would have at least thrown us a !@#$ing bone for losing 2 games, but no...they gave us the crappiest game of the pre-season and it's against the Detroit Lions! WTF! Way to crap on the season ticket holders even more! :beer::devil:

Calvin Johnson will be cool to watch! :lol:

I thought the talk was that the Canadian regular season game would be nationally televised.

You are the one who sounds like a B word in search of a dick who does not know much about preseason football.

The Bills hold one Kids Day game a year during preseason and it sells out almost every time because of the low prices for kids.

Now by having on a weekday parents have to stay up late so kids can attend.

It will also draw fans from UB.

I already said I was wrong alright. It was poor planning by the NFL. I've been a season ticket holder for 12 years now so Im well aware of kids day. The game starts at 7 right? Is it really that big of deal to take your kid to the game. You will still be home by 11:30 I suppose.

I still think for the size of UB, they have poor attendance at their sporting events. I know the bball team was not very good this year but they should packed the place every night. What does Alumni Arena hold, 8-9K? They should still get close to a sellout even in down years. Bona packs the Reilly Center even though they suck every year.

I know no one here cares about UB football, but yes it's a big deal. UB just had their best season of college football ever, and the have one of the rising coaching stars in the NCAA. They expect to go to a bowl game this year, and they have been trying to market to Buffalo football fans. So how are they supposed to draw 30,000 with a Bills game at the same time?

Yes, UB attendance is like 10-12,000, but maybe they'd like to get some more, especially since they don't suck anymore.

EDIT: WGR just discussed this. It seems that the Bills can likely only play on a Thursday since it's the last pre-season weekend. Schopp did wonder if this was the Bills trying to stick it to UB, but now it looks like they had little choice. I hope UB can move to Friday. They deserve a big crowd. If not, I'll be at the UB game.

PTR

Easy there Promo. I'm glad UB is doing OK now, but the Turner Gill crap is a little over the top. Why isn't then say, Brady Hoke from say Ball State hotter than Gill? Ball State had the nations longest losing streak when he took over three years ago, and the Cards went to a bowl game last year. They also have four nationally televised games on ESPN (2) and ESPN 2 (2) next year, and have one of the best QB prospects in the country in Nate Davis (Maybe the next great MAC QB). Gill is nice, but he isn't the red hot commodity just because he's had a winning year. It happens in the MAC all the time. There is a program that absolutely sucks, then gets turned around. This thing Gill is doing at UB isn't some miracle like some make it out to be.

By the way, UB has a lot of work to do. A lot. Ball State returns 21 of 22 starters next as does Central Michigan. That leaves only one spot for another MAC team to get in, so UB will most likely have to win it's division if they want to go to a bowl.