Global Climate Change

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solar Scientist David Archibald Says all you hippies are fulla crap and are gonna be begging for CO2 in the atmosphere in the not-so-distant future...

I'm sure Al Gore and the rest of the IPCC will use the available cash to strike this down. Beware anything that has money, Pat Robertson, and Al Sharpton involved.

Intersting. But as the premise of this thread stated via the video of the short haired hippy, we should try to do something about this by diverting all of our economic resources to fix the problem. Because we have two opposing points of view we will have to accomodate them both because what if we're wrong? No smiley face, that's what.

Due to all of the stated factors, I am proposing that we divert half of our economic resources into trying to heat the Earth and the other half into trying to cool it. Actually, if we double taxes we will be able to put 100% into each problem. As the hippy states, it is pointless to argue about what is really happening so we should solve both the cooling and warming issues.

If you'll allow me, I'd like to go off topic for just a sec. As you know, I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but let's face it, they usually smell pretty bad. As you also know, hippies smell awfully bad too. I don't have any respect for them. I hate them.

What we're facing now as the hippy population ages is a sort of perfect storm of bad smells. As hippies, who already smell bad, age they will smell even worse due to the aging process. This problem will probably not pose a long term threat to society as eventually these morons will die off. In the short term it will probably make us all forget about cooling or warming and possibly divert another 100% of our resources to bad smells. This hippy/old person problem has already begun and demograpically will get worse before it gets better.

Intersting. But as the premise of this thread stated via the video of the short haired hippy, we should try to do something about this by diverting all of our economic resources to fix the problem. Because we have two opposing points of view we will have to accomodate them both because what if we're wrong? No smiley face, that's what.

Due to all of the stated factors, I am proposing that we divert half of our economic resources into trying to heat the Earth and the other half into trying to cool it. Actually, if we double taxes we will be able to put 100% into each problem. As the hippy states, it is pointless to argue about what is really happening so we should solve both the cooling and warming issues.

If you'll allow me, I'd like to go off topic for just a sec. As you know, I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but let's face it, they usually smell pretty bad. As you also know, hippies smell awfully bad too. I don't have any respect for them. I hate them.

What we're facing now as the hippy population ages is a sort of perfect storm of bad smells. As hippies, who already smell bad, age they will smell even worse due to the aging process. This problem will probably not pose a long term threat to society as eventually these morons will die off. In the short term it will probably make us all forget about cooling or warming and possibly divert another 100% of our resources to bad smells. This hippy/old person problem has already begun and demograpically will get worse before it gets better.

Another classic! :unsure:

Solar Scientist David Archibald Says all you hippies are fulla crap and are gonna be begging for CO2 in the atmosphere in the not-so-distant future...

I'm sure Al Gore and the rest of the IPCC will use the available cash to strike this down. Beware anything that has money, Pat Robertson, and Al Sharpton involved.

Wow. I wonder how the environtologists will try to explain that it's getting only slightly warmer in the northern hemisphere, but staying the same in the southern hemisphere, at the same time, if this is a "global" problem?

And, that coral reef thing is hysterical = environtologists somehow believe that coral reefs that formed when there was 10 times the CO2 in the atmosphere, will be damaged by less than 1 time increase in CO2. That's just silly.

The summary is a whole new take as well:

1. The Sun drives climate change and it will be colder next decade by 2.0 degrees centigrade.

2. The anthropogenic carbon dioxide effect is real, minuscule and too small to be measured.

3. Higher atmospheric carbon dioxide levels will boost agricultural production.

4. Increased atmospheric carbon dioxide is wholly beneficial.

I suggest anybody here who calls themselves a reasonable person actually read this paper, and then ask yourself whether it's still a reasonable position to say global warming is supported by a "consensus". I am not a climate scientist, but I know how to read a f'ing graph. :w00t:

The only question I have is: if 2 is true, then does that mean that the gains described in 3 and 4 will be minuscule as well?

Wow. I wonder how the environtologists will try to explain that it's getting only slightly warmer in the northern hemisphere, but staying the same in the southern hemisphere, at the same time, if this is a "global" problem?

And, that coral reef thing is hysterical = environtologists somehow believe that coral reefs that formed when there was 10 times the CO2 in the atmosphere, will be damaged by less than 1 time increase in CO2. That's just silly.

The summary is a whole new take as well:

1. The Sun drives climate change and it will be colder next decade by 2.0 degrees centigrade.

2. The anthropogenic carbon dioxide effect is real, minuscule and too small to be measured.

3. Higher atmospheric carbon dioxide levels will boost agricultural production.

4. Increased atmospheric carbon dioxide is wholly beneficial.

I suggest anybody here who calls themselves a reasonable person actually read this paper, and then ask yourself whether it's still a reasonable position to say global warming is supported by a "consensus". I am not a climate scientist, but I know how to read a f'ing graph. :w00t:

The only question I have is: if 2 is true, then does that mean that the gains described in 3 and 4 will be minuscule as well?

Moron Global Warming

Global Warming...

Enjoy.

Global warming is way down my list of things I care about about. Environmentally, the following are much higher:

(1) overfishing/killing so many fish that we're seeing dramatic reductions in lots of fish populations

(2) farm-related pollution, esp. use of enormous amounts of petrol-based fertilizer that in no way resembles nature...allows monoculture and land degradation, both of which are real problems

(3) deforestation, esp in rain forests

Well, that's a start. I care a ton more about all this than climate change, which for me isn't even on my map. I want a fuel efficient car because I think using too much fuel makes no sense and creates unnecessary pollution.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO?), Global Warming® is making us crazy

http://sify.com/news/scienceandmedicine/fu...php?id=14640012

I guess hurricanes, droughts, tornados, floods, etc weren't really that stressful until Global Warming® came along. Before Global Warming® people just picked up the pieces and tried to rebuild. Now we have to worry about who to blame

:w00t:

According to the World Health Organization (WHO?), Global Warming® is making us crazy

http://sify.com/news/scienceandmedicine/fu...php?id=14640012

I guess hurricanes, droughts, tornados, floods, etc weren't really that stressful until Global Warming® came along. Before Global Warming® people just picked up the pieces and tried to rebuild. Now we have to worry about who to blame

:w00t:

Considering the benifits of global warming denial to both Big Oil and Big Pharma, it's pretty clear this is all Bush's fault.

I want a fuel efficient car because I think using too much fuel makes no sense and creates unnecessary pollution.

Haven't you seen the new research that indicates there is not enough CO2? If we are going to try to fix the too much CO2 and not enough CO2 problems we are going to have to do it together. What you could do is drive the biggest SUV you can find to work. This will crank some serious CO2 into the atmosphere. Here is where the green strategy kicks in. At work, you will have left a very fuel efficient car. Hopefully it will not be a Honda Fit because they are gay, but whatever. You drive that car home. You are solving both problems.

The only part I can't figure out is how to get the SUV back home and the efficient car back at work for the next day. Maybe you could hire someone. I hope this convinces you to help save the planet.

Global warming is way down my list of things I care about about. Environmentally, the following are much higher:

(1) overfishing/killing so many fish that we're seeing dramatic reductions in lots of fish populations

(2) farm-related pollution, esp. use of enormous amounts of petrol-based fertilizer that in no way resembles nature...allows monoculture and land degradation, both of which are real problems

(3) deforestation, esp in rain forests

Well, that's a start. I care a ton more about all this than climate change, which for me isn't even on my map. I want a fuel efficient car because I think using too much fuel makes no sense and creates unnecessary pollution.

Who cares about burning fossil fuel if humans have no effect on the climate... Let's burn it till we drop!... It is safe now, right?

Woo who!

<_<