Should Buffalo trade Losman to move up in the draft?

I have been reading more and more about how Kansas City wants to trade down. If Herm Edwards were a player for Losman would it be worth it to trade our #11 pick and Losman to be in a position for someone Dorsey? Is this fair compensation for both teams or would we have to throw in a pick (5th rder?) also?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading more and more about how Kansas City wants to trade down. If Herm Edwards were a player for Losman would it be worth it to trade our #11 pick and Losman to be in a position for someone Dorsey? Is this fair compensation for both teams or would we have to throw in a pick (5th rder?) also?

I have read nothing that says KC is even remotely interested in Losman.

Link?

I have read nothing that says KC is even remotely interested in Losman.

Link?

has any team shown any interest in him? i cant think of any, just speculation as far as im concerned..........I have a feeling we will lose Losman for nothing. I like what Edwards has brought thus far for being soo young, but Id like to have Losman around aswell.......I like both guys.

Isn't Croyle their guy? I can't see why KC would do this, though I'd jump ALL over it. :nana:

Sorry but JP Losman is only out of here if we would get a third round for him and I doubt we do but he's worth more in my opinion because he has experience as a starter and I think he would be a heck of a backup and maybe even a starter if Trent gets hurt and I dont buy into him creating a CANCER in the Locker Room because he won't want to have a bad rep for being a Me kind of guy in which i dont see in him because we all know he has one year left and he will be a team player but you never know but I do believe some Team would've dished out a third round by now if they wanted him and to me He's definately WORTH THAT!! Looking at the Talent they surrounded him with sense he's been a board Peyton Manning would've struggled in this PATHETIC CAST of stars surrounding him OH Minus Lee Evans and Jason Peters , And Mr. LYNCH

Isn't Croyle their guy? I can't see why KC would do this, though I'd jump ALL over it. :nana:

I don't think that Croyle is in over there. I'm not suggesting that Herm Edwards wants Losman but because Edwards came from our division I'm curious if that affects his opinion of Losman. Either Edwards would him more because of it or he doesn't want him at all. Regardless of Losman I do feel that Huard is out over there in Kansas City and that they have to make a decision with Croyle. Now, if they decide to stick with Croyle, then there'll be no need for Losman or any other early draft picks at the QB position but if they aren't going to go with Croyle then this could open the door for Losman or even Matt Ryan if he is still available when they pick at the #5 spot.

I don't think that Croyle is in over there. I'm not suggesting that Herm Edwards wants Losman but because Edwards came from our division I'm curious if that affects his opinion of Losman. Either Edwards would him more because of it or he doesn't want him at all. Regardless of Losman I do feel that Huard is out over there in Kansas City and that they have to make a decision with Croyle. Now, if they decide to stick with Croyle, then there'll be no need for Losman or any other early draft picks at the QB position but if they aren't going to go with Croyle then this could open the door for Losman or even Matt Ryan if he is still available when they pick at the #5 spot.

The silence around the league in regards to Losman, is both deafening and quite telling.

Sorry but JP Losman is only out of here if we would get a third round for him and I doubt we do but he's worth more in my opinion because he has experience as a starter and I think he would be a heck of a backup and maybe even a starter if Trent gets hurt and I dont buy into him creating a CANCER in the Locker Room because he won't want to have a bad rep for being a Me kind of guy in which i dont see in him because we all know he has one year left and he will be a team player but you never know but I do believe some Team would've dished out a third round by now if they wanted him and to me He's definately WORTH THAT!! Looking at the Talent they surrounded him with sense he's been a board Peyton Manning would've struggled in this PATHETIC CAST of stars surrounding him OH Minus Lee Evans and Jason Peters!!!!

No doubt. I do wonder if moving Losman now would be better for us than just to lose him after the season ends and receive zero compensation, ala Nate Clements. I believe that we are the team that's able to utilize JP more than anybody THIS year. It's the future then has me wondering. I look back and try to make sense out of us letting Clements walk for nothing and I come to the conclusion that at that time maybe our braintrusts figured that we needed to have his leadership and experience for our young team. I do think/believe that although they went on record saying that we have full intentions of at least wanting and trying to retain Nate that we really didn't stand a shot of accomplishing this, unless of course, they totally misfigured the market for the CB position.

On the flip side is the San Diego Chargers. They are an established team with a star RB and a starter who is on the bench in Michael Turner. They, as we all know, also just let Turner walk and recieved no compensation for him. I don't believe that our current situation is like either scenario where the team just let the players walk away and recieve nothing in return.

It's probably still too early to make this call but as of right now it doesn't appear that any team is going to be willing to give us fair compensation for Losman as far as draft picks go. I think that if we do trade JP by draft time that our best compensation comes in coupling him with one of our draft picks and moving up. I wouldn't condone this concept unless it was done in the 1st rd only, it would be senseless to do this in any other rd IMO. My question at this time would be that if this were to happen, who would you want us to trade up for?

If Losman is going to be traded, regardless how or for what, is that a good thing for Trent Edwards growth or a negative? Is it best to give hime valid competition or would we just be handing him the job like we did with Losman? We all saw how that worked out! Or could it be that they don't think JP is valid competition?

Sorry but JP Losman is only out of here if we would get a third round for him and I doubt we do but he's worth more in my opinion because he has experience as a starter and I think he would be a heck of a backup and maybe even a starter if Trent gets hurt and I dont buy into him creating a CANCER in the Locker Room because he won't want to have a bad rep for being a Me kind of guy in which i dont see in him because we all know he has one year left and he will be a team player but you never know but I do believe some Team would've dished out a third round by now if they wanted him and to me He's definately WORTH THAT!! Looking at the Talent they surrounded him with sense he's been a board Peyton Manning would've struggled in this PATHETIC CAST of stars surrounding him OH Minus Lee Evans and Jason Peters , And Mr. LYNCH

Dude, relax about JP. I don't see any team giving up a third round pick for him. He is a marginal backup QB at best. Sure, we have not had a great cast of stars around him the past couple of years, and the playcalling has been suspect. But JP did nothing to make our offense better, which is what a QB is supposed to do. He has never beaten a good team on the road, or at home for that matter. Just look at the film of the Jaguars game last year. He had everything to play for, but played like a tentative, scared rookie. If we can get a 4th or high 5th for him, I think we take it in an instant. I would rather have Trent Dilfer backing up TE because he has so much experience if not a lot of game left.

Dude, relax about JP. I don't see any team giving up a third round pick for him. He is a marginal backup QB at best. Sure, we have not had a great cast of stars around him the past couple of years, and the playcalling has been suspect. But JP did nothing to make our offense better, which is what a QB is supposed to do. He has never beaten a good team on the road, or at home for that matter. Just look at the film of the Jaguars game last year. He had everything to play for, but played like a tentative, scared rookie. If we can get a 4th or high 5th for him, I think we take it in an instant. I would rather have Trent Dilfer backing up TE because he has so much experience if not a lot of game left.

No Biggie 2 me about JP I was just saying R OFFENSE has been in Shambles after the Flutie & Johnson Debate in which I was ALL for FLUTIE but I can say Trent Looks SO MUCH MORE POISED than JP I agree but he's not a mike Williams Bust I think JP needs to take a couple of downers before the game he just trys to dang hard, but I disagree with Dilfer as a Backup to ARE Trent I would definately rather have JP unless WE CAN GET a DECENT #2 wideout in exchange!

The silence around the league in regards to Losman, is both deafening and quite telling.

Yep. It is time for everybody to stop thinking of this fantasy that we could actually get good compensation for Losman. KC is not going to drop down 6 spots with just getting Losman in return. Unlike bills fans, GM'S in the league actually watch the games without rose colored glasses on & my guess is that what they see is a guy that has too many deficiencies in his game to be a consistent starter in this league. The bills are just better off keeping him this year. Why create yet another need on this team(backup qb) if your only going to get a 5th round draft pick out of it?

Reading that makes my head hurt :thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-on_sentence

Exactly. He thought people around the league would be all over him, trying to trade and so far nothing. The one good thing in all of this that he might realize he is destined to be a backup and just stay here, where he is definitely a positive influence in the community, he knows the system and could possibly make an impact should he be called on to start.

Losman is staying. And that's a good thing.

I agree. If we get rid of Losman for a pick, or for nothing it just creates another hole. And no, we do not want to move up in the draft. We are in a good spot at #11. As a lot of sites are reporting, nobody wants to be in the top 10 anymore. The guaranteed money needed to sign these guys is crippling. I think there are teams interested in Losman but they aren't giving up more than a 4th or 5th for him. He has talent (size, arm strength and mobility) but he's been mediocre at best. Somebody has to be really desperate to give up a higher pick to get him when they can just wait around 1 year and get him for nothing.

Sorry. Just because Tom Donahoe was dumb enough to trade two #1's for JP, that doesn't mean anyone else is.

PTR

So is the silence for Chad Johnson, and the Silence for Stroud before Buffalo started talking about him. It doesn't mean tehre isn't somoen interested, or that a deal can't be done, its that either A. no info has been leaked out on it, or B. teams may be looking to wait to see what happens in the draft, or if he will ask to be released closer to the season if he does not want to be a backup